Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 122)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Renly Fox           Edit/Delete Post     
Indeed.

<Renly's face shows great amusement at the flash of alarm Ex feels>

Quite the hit I recall. One day I'm labelled the public enemy #1 and the next little sentients are dressing as the Red Pirate while playing pirate games.

Anyway, I greatly appreciate procuring the Southfarthing blend.

<now to both of them>

Tell me, my friends, a great tobacco is best enjoyed with a great pipe. And the finest pipes are handcrafted...a skill I also know. So my question is, would you know where a special wood groove on Legion World is with Terran palm trees? For I've heard such a place exists and that is the wood I'd use.

<Renly speaks with great ease and friendliness, as what he was saying was totally normal>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Ex, still flustered by the memory of the making of "Pirates of the Antarean" - likely one of the most dangerous ventures his company had ever untaken, both from a filming, and - ultimately - legal standpoint, begins to slightly stutter>

Wo... wood grove... p... palm trees? I... uh... I suppose there's Actor Lad's Cool Luau... I think they have this sort faux Hawaiian thi... wait... what?

I'm sorry... "Renly", is it these days? You've got to forgive me... you just look a bit different now from when we...

<leaning in slightly and lowering his voice>

Are you even allowed to be back in this sector?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reflekto           Edit/Delete Post     
<now this was getting good. Cobalt Kid may've been right about this keeping me busy!>

<leans in to hear more>

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

I'm sure with the right chaperone everything will be alright Mr. Exnihil. "Renly" dosn't seem so dangerous at all.

<This was one of several times Reflecto had made a hint that she would be keeping a close eye on Renly. She wondered if he would snap.>

<touches Renly's arm lightly and says in a low voice>

I'm afraid you can't go chopping down trees Mr. Fox, on Legionworld ... we've got environmental laws ...you'll have to buy your pipe like everyone else.

... but please, continue, I am interested to hear all about this ... especially this black hole misadventure and ... this Red Pirate.

From: Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
<dedman stumbles in through the door, looking quite haggard, even for him. He stood hunched in the doorway one arm across his stomach clutching the strange package he had been carrying to his body.
He stared wild-eyed around the bar and finally spotted Ex. He cautiously approached, as if unsure if he should, but finally made his way there>

"Eh..Ex...is it really you? If you are really there I need your help."

<With that, dedman collapsed to the floor, and judging by the bruises, scrapes and contusions, it wasn't for the first time recently.
The package with its odd wrapping fell away from his body, the paper tearing slightly. A glint of Onyx and Gold could be seen within>

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

<Reflecto moved to help Viridis Lament ... She didn't know him ... but she was a doctor and an LMBPer. It was instinct to her>

He's in rough shape!

<There were a few default medical supplies in her new standard uniform LMB costume. It wasn't much but it would do for now.>

<She DID keep one eye on that package though. She would've expanded her force field over it if she could learn how to do that trick Invisible Brainiac helped her do with projecting her force field.>

Exnihil ... what's the meaning of this!

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Let me help, my dear.

<Renly moves to assist Reflekto but the old pirate instinct kicks in. He can't help but notice the glimour of hold and he is instantly considering how he could run off with it.>

Lets get him off the floor--there, that table will do. Perhaps some cold water will help?

<Renly begins "assisting" Dedman>

<Yet...he knows he has a more important mission. And this girl...something about her that he instantly liked. He doesn't want to raise her ire so soon.>

From: Captain's Cabin | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
<Exnihil, having seen this many times before, is almost inured to the scene. With an air that would be completely inappropriate - were it anyone else - he watches Renly and Reflekto attemping to aid deddy>

Guys... guys... this is just par for the course for the LMB. This is dedman!. Trust me... the best way to help him, right now... is to let him die.

<Even as he speaks the words however... Ex has a feeling of misgiving. He has seen his friend die and resurrect countless times before... but he's never looked this bad before. Just to be on the safe side, he pushes the package out of the line of sight of Reflekto, who had been eying it.>

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
<at the moment Ex touched the package dedman...vaulted...upright again>

DON'T TOUCH THAT

Ex, looking a little confused and hurt said "I was just moving it deddie, calm down"

"I..I'm sorry Ex. It's been preying upon my mind"

"Why don't you just open it then if it bothers you so much. At least you'll know what it is. Look, this weird paper is already torn here"

"I'm ashamed to say it, but I've been afraid to see what it is. The man who gave it to me said it was everything I've ever wanted and that it was from a fan. But something about it just isn't right...but this isn't why I've been looking for you"

"You..afraid? That's, well, shocking to be honest. If there was anyone around who had no fear I'd say it was you. But if its not this package you need assistance with, what is it?"

"You remember how my 'voice of the Ded' ability works? Well I want to have that power again and you are the only person I know on Legionworld who can aquire the appropriate...substances"

<At this Reflekto's ears perked up "Well this is interesting" she thought>

<Meanwhile a slow sly grin spread across Ex's face and a glimmer appeared in his eye>
"Deddie, THAT'S something I can definitely help you with"

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conundrum
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
***unnoticed by exnihil and the rest, a mysterious figure enters and approaches the bar***

skim milk on the rocks, please.

***babette replies*** Sure thing, sweetie. here ya go.

***the figure stares into the glass as if it were a mistery waiting to be solved***

And who might you be, sweetie?

***still starring into the glass, the figure replies*** i am the conundrum.

***the figure briefly glances toward the drama unfolding between ex, renly and the others but seems more interested in the milk***

***the figure picks up the glass, almost takes a sip, but sets it back down***

***the figure puts a credit on the bar and leaves shakes and the undrunk milk***

***babette looks puzzled for a moment, then dumps the milk out and puts the credit in the regaster***

***oddly, neither she nor anyone else who saw the figure could describe his or her appearance***

***indeed, no one can recall whether the figure was male or female***

***anyone viewing the security vid would be shocked to see the figure doesn't show up at all***

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reflekto
New Blood

< 'What the bloody nass is going on here?' Reflecto thought.

'Cobalt Kid has really gotten here into this one!'

'One moment I am chaperoning a former pirate to make sure he's a good boy ... and now I am in the middle of several shit piles! This is what the other new LMBPers were talking about ... these old schoolers are nearly as corrupt as the villains we face ... most of which involve conflicts brought on by their own scheming and plots.'

Reflecto's face turns dark, she suddenly feels very out of her depth. Also, she felt a bit foolish trying to rescue Dedman ... 'How was SHE supposed to know he comes back from the dead!' >

<she said with a sour face>
"Bartender. I'll take something alcoholic now ... make it a double."

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

Now you're speaking my language.

<Renly backs away from chaos, signals the bartender and puts and arms around Reflekto's waste>

Did I hear you are a doctor? Quite the multi-talented hero. Something tells me I better stick by you if I want to make out well on Legion World.

Reflekto
New Blood

There's no fighting in Shakes but I will gladly take you outside and break every bone in your body if you don't remove those hands.

<she says in a flat wry manner, and moves to where Exnihil and Dead Man are talking.>

Well? If the package is none of our business ... I guess we'd better get on with it and help you get your power back.

... Anything's better than waiting around here to get groped again by ... Mr. Randy the Pirate.

<gulps down drink>

[ November 30, 2012, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Reflekto ]

Renly Fox
former Red Pirate

<turns to Babette>

I love a woman with spunk. [Love]

<downs drink>

(Well, if I can't get the girl, I guess I can try for the treasure... [Big Grin] )

Ex, do you need a hand helping your friend?

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
On a sunny mountaintop overlooking a beach, Invisible Brainiac and Blaze gaze appreciatively at a white marble temple. The ancient structure gleams in the sunlight; though it's no longer used to worship the same ancient gods, it still stands as a testament to the grandeur of a civilization long gone.

As they approach the temple, Invisible Brainiac's Omnicom beeps. He turns to look at Blaze, who nods.

"Go and take a quick look, but no more than 5 minutes okay?" Blaze winks.

IB smiles appreciatively, then checks the message. He raises his eyebrow at the report. "Huh. So he's resurfaced..."

"Who?" Blaze asks.

"We met him during the Oval War. The former pirate I pointed out."

"The annoyingly charming one? The one you said you'd like to put in his place?"

"Yup. One and the same. And where he is, adventure and mayhem usually folow..."

"So... do we have to cut our vacation short?"

IB frowns, considering. Then he shakes his head. "Nah. There's someone already on it. Come on. This temple may wait for us, but the party on the beach tonight won't!"

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  119  120  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.