Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » SHAKES 4 - Now Open (Page 68)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  121  122  123   
Author Topic: SHAKES 4 - Now Open
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<stunned for several minutes, Lardy finally stumbles to his feet>

STUPID!

I'll get that son of a bitch!

<closes his eyes and searches with the Lard Force and...>

pop

[ August 22, 2007, 12:01 AM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
pop

<returns from streets, looks around>

Maybe I overlooked something here...

<searches area, sees something>

What's this...blood? And fresh! But...neither Roy nor Vee were bleeding. I'm sure of it!

<produces test tube from belt and collects sample>

Gotta get this to the crime lab!

<disappears>

[ August 21, 2007, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rex Viridian
Heir to the Eye

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rex Viridian           Edit/Delete Post     
It was here...and not long ago!

Slowly but surely I'm getting closer to my goal. It won't be long now!

--------------------
Rank hath it's privileges

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
<enters with Jailbait Lass>

JB Lass: "Cobie, we've already had Security Officers examining this all morning!"

Cobalt: "Lolita, shhh..." <fills glass> "Its much easier to think when you've got a pint in your hand. After all, I was trained by Matlock, the best detective in the last 1,000 years!"

Now...

<watching secret monitors at SHAKES>

...nothing on what happened to Vee, though Lardy's report suggests he wasn't bleeding. We see Roy enter. Roy has helped Legion World in recent years, but I have a long memory. I remember in the Dark STU Saga when he murdered Giant Squid right in front of us. Someone once asked me who Roy was and I gave the best answer I could. I've never had the heart to tell Quis, but I'm not sure if I can ever forgive Roy for what he did. We can never rule out that Roy has once more taken to the path of evil.

<watching>

Who is this? Look Lolita, you almost miss him. Can you adjust the volume?
...who is Rex Veridian? Something tells me I'll know soon enough.

<pauses so he's alone for a second>

(And why does he remind me of...Sarya?) <look of pain on his face>

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rex Viridian
Heir to the Eye

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rex Viridian           Edit/Delete Post     
In an alley behind SHAKES

Need to be more careful! I can't afford to get caught up in whatever has these locals all excited.

Rex cautiously moves on down the alley and disappears from view

You'd think this was the Galaxy Awards presentation there are so many people coming and going! Well, at least I'm on the trail now. Let's see where it leads.

--------------------
Rank hath it's privileges

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Hm...still no word.

<fills glass>

And Legion World is quiet. Too quiet. But now I wait.

Because my spiritual powers sense something coming...and I can't help but feel it'll be in SHAKES...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

pop

<Cobalt jumps as he's surprised by his longtime friend in the middle of his musings>

Hiya, Des!

<Lardy tells Cobalt about the blood sample he had analyzed.>

So what do you think, Des? Does that ring any bells?

[ August 22, 2007, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: Lard Lad ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Too many. But most don't fit right now...still...

<Cobalt thinks to himself>

...hm. Let me think more on it.

Beer?

<fills Lardy's glass>

We need to find Vee and the Inquisitor. But what the Inquisitor was saying...about a higher power chasing him. We can't rule that out.

But something is influencing my spiritual powers. Like an alarm, telling me there is danger coming. Its an odd feeling and only now am I getting more in tone with this instinct. Its worrying me.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<takes a small sip, discreetly spits it out>

Pal, I know to trust your instincts. And this thing with Vee is just the latest in a series of strange events: Gary Concord, Frio, Rockhopper Lass disappearing, my robot missing...

<Cobalt gives him a look>

Yeah, Des...I've done my homework. Lot of...time on my hands these days...

Anyway...there are some others unaccounted for, too: Seth Gaterra, Helena Handbasket, Clark Marlowe...maybe a few others. You think they're related to the Adelie thing or my robot?

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Its possible. But I can't help that this is something different but with some indirect connection.

But the Concord thing still is something that needs to be addressed. Its Frio I'm worried about. And that Lonestar Ranger character hasn't been seen in awhile--and we know for certain that he's an opportunist. But none of them present the real danger I'm sensing.

I wish Eryk were here. His luck lord sometimes would steer use in the right direction.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Yeah, I haven't seen EDE or his luck lord since I got back a couple months ago. In fact we've barely spoken since I first returned from Hrykosia last year. Maybe...maybe he's let go of the idea that we're brothers. I..I don't know how I feel about that...

You think he's back at Greg Evigan Island? Should we...call him?

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Is this a bad time to remind people that Stoopid Cat is still being held captive somewhere?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hey, Miner! Want a beer?

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
No.

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, Hrun is dead or something. Happened at Cramer's a while ago. Pretty ugly.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<turns back to Cobalt>

What's he talkin' about? Stoopid Cat's been kidnapped? And Hrun--surely he isn't dead?!?!

--------------------

This topic comprises 123 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  121  122  123   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.