Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 77)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Blogs are a godsend. You can take up as much posting space as you want and not worry about the posts being to big to load quickly. Instead of posting my fanfics in Bits, where the threads can get cumbersome, I simply post links to each successive chapter. Plus, you can come up with cool designs for your blog. I would highly recommend having a blog entirely devoted to your 5YL continuation epic.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking like a good probability.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guess I'll clue you all in on who I am.

Aliases: Big Sexy, Crym, Cuthale

Group Affiliation: Saturday Night Gamers

Base of Operations: Aurora, Colorado

First Legion Book: Superboy #203 - The death of Invisible Kid.. <choke>

Legion Crush: Dream Girl

Comics: I'm mostly a DC guy. I'm a life long Legion fan, and I like the JLA, Teen Titans, Superman Family, Batman Family, JSA, Power Girl and The Green Lantern titles. LOVE Fables and The Unwritten.

Favorite Legionnaires: All of them.. well.. except the Khund Legionnaires.

History: I grew up in a small town in Kentucky, and have lived in various places such as: Woodbridge, VA; New Orleans, LA; and now in Colorado. I have two children, Katie and Ricky. I'm currently separated from my wife, and after a period of unemployment, I now work for DirecTV. I have worked in the automotive industry, been a chimney sweep, worked retail, been a travel agent, and have done some screenwriting for a failed pilot. boo.

Interests: Comics, Role-playing, Gaming (the triumvirate of geekdom). I enjoy college basketball and pro football. I like to blog, and am now hopelessly addicted to message boards.

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
We're so glad you decided to join us, Crymsun.
You made our roadtrip to the DC boards totally worthwhile!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! another member with Kentucky ties,the more the merrier,welcome to Legionworld Crymsun.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not sure if I've ever posted to this thread so here's my Who's Who profile -

-

PERSONAL DATA

Alter Ego: Daniel
Marital Status: Single (not legally able to get 'Married')
Known Relatives: Mother, Father, 3 Siblings
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Perth, Western Australia
First Appearance: Zambia, 1977
Height: 6'3" Weight: 90kgs
Eyes: Brown Hair: Brown

HISTORY

Daniel was born in a mining hospital in Zambia where he grew up the son of a professional hunter/game warden (think Congo Bill without the magic ring) and had many adventures in the exciting and dangerous wilds of Africa before moving to Perth, Western Australia at the tender age of seven.

After some experimentation with the gateway drug of Tintin and Asterix comics, Daniel later discovered the world of DC Super-Heroes and was a complete addict by about age 10, much to the eternal heartbreak (and still ongoing criticism) of his parents.

After long ago tiring of his early favourite characters Green Arrow and Speedy, Daniel's current favourite 21st Century hero is (for reasons even he can't quite fathom) Mal Duncan aka Hornblower, Guardian, Herald and Vox. His true comics loving heart, however, belongs to the various concepts and characters of the Legion of Super-Heroes - most especially Colossal Boy/Leviathan, Bouncing Boy, Invisible Kid I and Tyroc, his top 4 Legionnaires.

Other than comics, Daniel enjoys TV and movies of all genres and styles (a teenage foray into gems of the Blaxploitation era having the most lasting effect on his online presence), reading both fiction and non-fiction books, news and current events, swimming and nature based activitites, playing sports a lot more than watching sports, travelling and meeting new people, and hanging out with friends.

Being something of a wandering soul, Daniel finds it hard to stay in one place for too long and thus spent most of his 20s calling either Sydney, London, Columbus (Ohio) or New York home. As well as spending significant periods of time in Trinidad & Tobago, Madagascar and Botswana for work-related purposes. Now that he's in his early 30s he plans to stay in Perth until his degree finishes in 2012 before getting the Hell out of here again!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
That hippie standing behind you is up to no good!!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Gonna try updating mine as well.

Name: Jude Deluca (Pen Name)
Birthday: Christmas
Home: Bronx, NY
Occupation: College Student, writer, daydreamer, compassionate care giver, arrogant prick, loving grandson, and shameless manipulator.

Legion Info: Really got into it after reading the Lightning Saga and watching the cartoon. Enjoy all runs, but don't really know a lot about when they had Pocket Superboy.

Favorite Color(s): Blue and white.
Favorite Band: Priss and the Replicants.
Favorite Authors: Devin Grayson, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Gail Simone, Doug Moench, Rumiko Takahashi, Naoka Takeuchi, and Ngaio Marsh.
Favorite Artists: Nei Ruffino, Joe Prado, Dale Eaglesham, Alex Ross, Jill Thompson, Tony Daniel, Rick Mays and Adam Warren.

Favorite Movies: A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child, Batman, and Scary Godmother Halloween Spooktakular.
Favorite Music: Rock, and the opening and ending songs of anime.
Favorite TV Show: Revolutionary Girl Utena, Daria, and Faerie Tale Theatre.

Dislikes: Alzheimer's Disease, cockroaches, baloney and other lunch meats, remakes of horror movies, reality television, mistreatment of fictional characters and the elderly, the state of parents marriage, and idiots.

Comics Info (a.k.a. favorite characters)...
Legion: Too many to list, but for now, Lightning Lad, Computo, and Monstress
Batman Family: Batman, Batwoman, and Harley Quinn
Superman Family: Lois Lane, Matrix, and Belinda Zee
Wonder Woman Family: Donna Troy and Blue Snowman
Flash Family: Wally West and Captain Cold
Green Lantern Family: Alan Scott and Kyle Rayner
Titans: Arsenal, Joker's Daughter, and Bat-Girl
Doom Patrol: Dorothy Spinner, Rhea Jones, and Crazy Jane
Vertigo: Black Orchid, Golden Age Sandman, and Dian Belmont
JSA: Power Girl, Cyclone, and Ma Hunkel
JLA: Animal Man, Zatanna, and Martian Manhunter
DCU: Resurrection Man, Hourman, and Rima the Jungle Girl.
Multiverse: Brooks, Carol Ferris from "GL: Evil's Might", and Vampire Batman
Sandman: Death, Goldie the Gargoyle, and Delirium
Milestone: Icon, Rocket, and Brickhouse
Green Arrow: Arsenal and Lian (the rest of them can go suck it)
Quality Comics: Spider Widow
Villains: Clayface, the Candlemaker, and Persuader (Elise Kimble)
Seven Soldiers: Bulleteer, Klarion, and the Whip
Kingdom Come: Batwoman II, Bloodlust, and Red Hood
Aquaman: Tempest and Mera
Secret Six: Jeannette and Scandal Savage
Wildstorm: Grunge and Fairchild

Pre-Crisis: Saturn Girl, Dawnstar, White Witch
Post-Crisis: Sensor Girl
Glorithverse: Tenzil, Timber Wolf, Jo Nah
SW6: Computo
Reboot: Inferno and Monstress
Threeboot: Gazelle, Timber Wolf
Action Comics: Lightning Lad, Black Witch
Animated: Lightning Lad

[ May 13, 2010, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Sarcasm Kid ]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Name:Prefer not to reveal
Where you live: Illinois
What you do: History & Chinese Major,
Credit Union Employee this summer

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.)
Favorite Characters: Mon-el, Wildfire, Princess Projecta, Nemesis Kid (favorite Legion villain)
Eras: Pre-Crisis, Threeboot
When I Started Reading: At around age 9 I read alot of my father's 80's comics. He owned a comic book shop that went brankrupt before I was born and there are still boxes in my grandfather's basement.

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): I love the spy genre. I read mostly comic books and non-fiction. My favorite book is the Silmarillion. I don't have a favorite type of music, I can listen to anything.

Story Behind the Username: I am ending a RPG that I ran for months. One of the characters I created was a Red Arrow, who was a member of a Thunderbolts team. I created her before I knew about Lian's death. However, I am taking advantage of the situation to create a complex character. Maybe I could use her in an RPG here.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World Red Arrow!

We do some role playing here on the board. I think a couple of people are planning something soon.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
welcome, Red Arrow!

I'm a grad student in History.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I want to thank you all for creating this website. I'm staff at a site that is losing it's magic, and you guys still have it after all these years. I am seriously thinking of making this my only comic book forum.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We're glad to have ya here, Arrow!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome aboard Arrow. We have a lot of fun here. Legion World is not just a Web site or a comic book forum: it truly is a community--in some ways, even a family.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Some of us don't even read comic books anymore!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.