Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya! (Page 81)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  93  94  95   
Author Topic: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Pay no attention to FK. Thet boyah ain't raht!

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Pay no attention to FK. Thet boyah ain't raht!

Why, you!??! [Mad]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonnie
mere mortal

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonnie   Email Sonnie         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, I'm Keith, used to be here a lot, then went travelling for a couple of years and now I'm back. Have i missed much?
From: home sweet home... unless i'm posting from work | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome back, Sonnie!! We missed you.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Sonnie came home with a vengeance. [Smile]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome back.

quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Sonnie came home with a vengeance. [Smile]

Hide the matches! [LOL] Just kidding. I actually like that song.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to meet you, Sonnie. Put your feet up, have a glass of punch, and tell us newbies all about what it was like in the good old days of the LMB...

[Wink]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi folks,

I've been looking for a new online comics "home". A friendly place that wouldn't accept disrespect of various sorts. Though I ran across LW years ago and bookmarked it, I wasn't looking then. Recently I think something on Facebook linked here and I've been lurking on and off for weeks. Went through the whole Legion World history. Seems like a nice place. Yeah, I know the unpleasantness was edited out of the history, but I LIKE that. That's what a nice place does!

And from what I've read, it doesn't seem like a place where homophobia would be allowed to stand. Please tell me right now if I'm mistaken on that.

Then I signed up when I was ready to post, but I suppose the Admins have lives of their own outside of the board (??!!?!!?! the NERVE!!!) so it took a few weeks to be able to post and by then the urge had passed temporarily.

Then I go back to my first post draft, and what happens? DC decides the change the course of the comics business forever. They hope. Time will tell.

But what it did was make my intended inaugural post-- listing all the reboots as I know them and asking for clarification as to what they're called here, as well as which facts relate to which reboot-- well, kinda moot now. Or so it feels.

However I didn't want to wait any longer to make my first post. I wanted it online while I was still being listed as "newest member" [Smile]

So anyway, I first read Legion, and comics in general, when I was a kid and found a box of comics my brother left behind in the closet of our bedroom, including a few Adventures with Superboy & the Legion.

I went through two periods of buying new comics, the first was when Legion took over Superboy. The second ended during the 5 year gap period.

Since then I've kept up with comics by reading ABOUT comics, but not really reading any. It seems to be enough. :-)

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome to Legion World, Shining Son!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doctor One
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doctor One   Email Doctor One         Edit/Delete Post     
Nice to have you here, Shining Son. Welcome.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Shining Son, half of us are gayer than ice-skating and the other half loves us for that!

Welcome.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome Shining Son! Look forward to you jumping into all the various forums!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Shining Son, a lot of us older fans (me included) aren't keeping up with the current series, reboots, and comics industry hangups, either. That does not diminish our love for the Legion and the older stories.

Looking forward to your participation.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Shining Son!

We definitely try to keep this a place that is respectful to all posters, as long as they're willing to be respectful to others. We hope you find it to your liking!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys and gals!

Lash- well the home I "ran away" from a year ago was the Gay League of America, where presumably far more were gay and those who weren't would be mandated to accept it. [Smile]

And yet one person made such a stink 2 years ago about "why do we have to have Gay Pride?" (and "when is Straight Pride Day?") that on a gay forum of over 1300 members nobody said "Happy Gay Pride!" last year. And yet a week later someone pipes up with Happy July 4th, and then many chime in the next day with what they did for the 4th, so it's not that they don't like observing holidays.

Therefore I no longer assume that a place that seems safe-- or should be safe-- is. So thanks for the reassurance.

HeWho: That's why I corrected myself to say it only *feels* moot. [Smile] I know what you mean though, which is why I was going to ask the question in the first place. (And I will eventually.) I wanted to make sure my "boot-nomenclature" was the same as everyone else's, because the odds were against I'd ever be talking about a "current" Legion since I don't buy comics now. Though let's see how ingenious DC turns out to be. If online comics end up being 50 cents...

Perhaps it would have been more accurate to say the question about Legion reboots felt dwarfed by the impending company-wide reboot.

From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 95 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  93  94  95   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.