Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 100)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
People from the Book of Ruth?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Correct. I was wondering how Biblically knowledgeable this gang was.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I expect some are quite so.

Ludwig van Beethoven
Franz Schubert
Antonín Dvořák

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All have unfinished symphonies?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

You're close, but that's not it.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Was their last completed symphony for each their "ninth" symphony?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

That would be it. Welcome back, Xben.

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I'm not sure how long I'll be around for this time, but I do enjoy it here.

I'm having a hard time thinking of one, so all I've got is this, which I think won't be too difficult:

Hot Lead and Cold Feet
The Man from Snowy River
The Prestige

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Okaaaay, a week later and no guesses. Too hard or just not that interesting?

Anyway, the answer was they were all movies that featured one actor playing both of a set of brothers.

Here is a different one which I thought of later, and I think is more fun...

- The First Officer fires upon his Captain
- The Captain jumps to his certain doom
- The Doctor laments over leaving his prison

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I flashed to the Star Trek movies and I think in Undiscovered Country, Kirk & Bones are put into a Klingon prison. And when they leave, Bones, being Bones, complains about leaving.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

If you're guess is that they are all moments from Star Trek movies, than no, that's not what I had in mind.

However, Star Trek does play a role in the answer.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

I'm going to modify these slightly to give a bit more of a hint

- The First Officer fires upon his Captain
- The Captain jumps to his certain doom while nuclear death screams down from above
- The Doctor laments ever leaving the place where he was trapped

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Hints: The category here is TV series. One of the three items mentioned pertains to the Star Trek franchise, but only one.

--------------------

The truth set me free

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This is a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing that each episode featured character actor Jeff Corey.

The first clue could refer to the Star Trek (Original Series) episode, "The Cloud Minders," in which Corey played Plasus.

The second clue apparently refers to the Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum," in which Corey played an agent of the Shadows.

The third might refer the Outer Limits episode "O.B.I.T." Corey does not play a doctor in that episode, but a doctor is listed in the cast list.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Wow, that's quite the shot in the dark. It's not correct, at least it's not what I had in mind.

However, I will say that you are on the right track in that each clue refers to a specific episode of a TV series (one of them being an episode of some Star Trek series, obviously). You have correctly identified one of the episodes I was thinking of (not the correct Star Trek episode, but you were right in that the first clue refers to the Star Trek episode).

And the three episodes have a link, but it's not Jeff Corey or any other actor.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.