Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 127)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, how about

Monarch
Darkseid
Superboy Prime

Of course, they are all big-time DC villains - but there is a specific thing they all share that may not be unique to them, but is certainly rare amongst villains in general (I can't think of anyone else for whom it is true).

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
They were all based upon real-world sources?

Dunno about Monarch, but Darkseid was originally based on Nixon (complete with cabinet), and S-Prime of recent years on the generic annoying fanboy.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They all killed their fathers?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
They came from a dimension different from the one they wreaked havoc in?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
None of those are the answer I'm looking for, and I think only IB's could be argued to be true for all three.

The thing I'm thinking of (which again, is pretty rare for villains, though not necessarily unique to these guys) are incidents which take place in three specific stories. Two of those stories are Legion stories (should be pretty easy to guess which two villains that refers to).

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Were they each murdered by their younger self?

Superboy Prime in Lo3W, Darkseid in Foundations, and... well, honestly, I have no idea about Monarch, but I'm guessing given his "time-travely" nature, that might have happened at some point.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

That's basically it. I couldn't remember if Darkseid in Foundations had been actually murdered by his younger self, but his younger self definitely attacked him or tried to kill him. Superboy Prime had the same thing in Lo3W, as you mention.

As for Monarch, it's basically his origin back when he was Hank Hall, aka Hawk. It happens in Armageddon 2001 #2 (the closing bookend of that Summer Annual event) - the difference being that the older Monarch is pretty happy about it, even setting it up to ensure his own creation. (Ugh, what a story. I wasn't a Hawk & Dove reader, but I can only imagine how that would have felt at the time).

--------------------

The truth set me free

Exnihil

I'll bet a bunch of Captain Atom readers were pretty pleased, though. [Smile]

OK, this is one that hits me right at home:

George Perez
The Edge from U2
and... me!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

all awesome beyond belief? [Wink]

but seriously...
talented people who have played second fiddle to other talented people?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Second fiddle? Please. There's only one person in this world that I'd ever play second fiddle to...

...and it's a particular facet of her life that's the key to this Triad.

[Hmmm?]

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

All three associated with longstanding teams of a sort?
Xben
Deputy

Is it something to do with each of your spouses? Are you all married to people who share the same birthday?

--------------------

The truth set me free

Exnihil

It is, indeed, something related to our spouses, though it's not something intrinsic to who they are, but rather something they do.

With regard to my particular wife, as a hint, I will say that I've alluded to this a couple of times on the MMB board in the last year or so.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Your wives are all belly-dancers.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

And Eryk's got it!

Yep, following in the footsteps of Mrs. Perez and Mrs. Edge (?), Mrs. Nihil, a former ballroom dance instructor, has branched off into bellydancing over this past year, performing with a group called "Tribe Mayabelles".

The coolest thing - apart from, you know, being married to a bellydancer - is that every time I hear the group name announced, my brain does a quick leap and hears it as, "Tribe Mayavale". You do not want to betray those ladies.

[Doctor Mayavale]

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.