Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 125)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow. Well, I would never have gotten that it if it hadn't been for Quis' guess about siblings.

OK, let's try this:

Simon Jones
Ian Holm
Edward Hardwicke

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
Nope. I'm going to give the answer and start a new triad.

They all had powers that evolved but not as part of a story.. Saturn Girl's original power was "Super thought casting" which evolved into telepathy. Chameleon Boy's original power was "Super disguise" which evolved into shape changing. Sun Boy's original power was "Super Brilliance" which evolved to include his heat powers.

wow, and you complained MY triads were too hard! [Wink]
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

back to the Q:

All have played Richard III?

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Er...I don't know, is that true? It's not what I was thinking of. You're on the right track that it does have to do with roles the actors have played, but it is three different roles.

--------------------

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I saw it was true for 2 of them. Okay, another guess based on two:

They have all been in Terry Gilliam movies?

Xben
Deputy

Again, that might be true, but that's not it.

It has to do with three characters that they have played, rather than three movies they've been in. For at least two of them, I'd say it's the character they are most well known for.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

they all played characters specifically written for them?
Xben
Deputy

I know that's true about Simon Jones. I don't know that about the other two. It's not what I had in mind.

Hints:
• It's nothing to do with the actors personal lives
• It's to do with specific characters they've played, but it's a different character for each actor
• In the cases of two of the actors, it's about the character most would agree they are best known for. For the third, it'd be arguable who he is best known for.
• For Simon Jones, the Triad is about the character that I know was written for him. For the other two, the character was not created for them.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Another hint: The Triad really has to do with another, not named, actor.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Xben
Deputy

Repeating:

The Triad:
Simon Jones
Ian Holm
Edward Hardwicke

Hints:
• It's nothing to do with the actors personal lives
• It's to do with specific characters they've played, but it's a different character for each actor
• In the cases of two of the actors, it's about the character most would agree they are best known for. For the third, it'd be arguable who he is best known for.
• For Simon Jones, the Triad is about the character that I know was written for him. For the other two, the character was not created for them.
• The Triad really has to do with another, not named, actor.
• Technically, "Ian Holm" isn't true yet, but we all anticipate it will be true before the year is out.

Other names that could fit this Triad: Nigel Bruce, David Burke, Jude Law, Orson Bean.

--------------------

The truth set me free

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They all played sidekicks?

i.e. Dr. Watson to Sherlock Holmes

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Given how tough it i to sustain questions/interest on this thread, it may be time to consider revamping the rules. It can be quite frustrating to have some brilliant idea that no one gloms onto.
Xben
Deputy

Dr. Watson is the character I was thinking of for Edward Hardwicke (as well as Bruce, Burke, and Law) but the Triad is not about sidekicks.

I will go ahead and give the name of all three characters. There is something they all have in common:
- Dr. Watson (Edward Hardwicke - Sherlock Holmes)
- Arthur Dent (Simon Jones - Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
- Bilbo Baggins (Ian Holm - Lord of the Rings)

--------------------

The truth set me free

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
All three actors played characters also played by Martin Freeman.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Hey, yeah! Wow, I didn't expect to see this come up again. But you're turn, EDE.

--------------------

The truth set me free

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.