Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 124)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
each of them abused power? Sun Boy in the 310s of Adventure, on the refugee mission; Saturn Girl cheated to become leader (even if it was to save Garth) and mindwiped Rokk; and Cham led the disastrous Khundia mission because he was mad at dad.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No, that's not it. There is a clue in Adventure 247.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Did their origins all originally include the idea that they'd been trained by the scientists of Saturn?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Nope. I'm going to give the answer and start a new triad.

They all had powers that evolved but not as part of a story.. Saturn Girl's original power was "Super thought casting" which evolved into telepathy. Chameleon Boy's original power was "Super disguise" which evolved into shape changing. Sun Boy's original power was "Super Brilliance" which evolved to include his heat powers.

Here is a new and hopefully easier Triad

Franklin
George
James

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All were names of U.S. presidents?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That is part of the right answer.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
They were the given names of at least two presidents apiece: Franklin Pierce/Roosevelt, George Washington/H.W. Bush/W. Bush, and James Madison/Monroe/Polk/Buchanan/Garfield/Carter.

--------------------

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

That is correct

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Next triad:

The Legion of Super-Heroes
Styx (band)
The Shangri-Las

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Clue time, already?

I could easily have added The Avengers to the list. Infinity Inc., too.

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

No guesses?

Where are all you classic rock fans (or girl-group fans)?

Last clue: The Bee Gees would certainly qualify, as might Elvis Presley, in an alternate universe.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

All have siblings as members?

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

To quote someone, "That is part of the right answer." [Smile]

--------------------

Xben
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Xben   Author's Homepage   Email Xben         Edit/Delete Post     
Did they all have twins for members?

--------------------
LSH Archives Vol.3 • Part 2

The truth set me free

From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Twins it is!

Styx featured Chuck (bass) and John Panozzo (drums); The Shangri-Las included Marge and Mary Ann Ganzer; The Bee-Gees had Robin and Maurice Gibb. (Sadly, at least one of each set of twins has passed on.)

Elvis Presley's twin, Jesse, was stillborn. In an alternate universe, they would have grown up together and become The Presley Brothers.

Each of the comic book teams I mentioned also had twins for members: Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch (The Avengers), Jade and Obsidian (Infinity, Inc.), and, of course, Lightning Lad and Light(ning) Lass (the LSH).

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.