Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
Mission: Impossible
T.J. Hooker

Looking for something very specific. The obvious answer will not be the correct one.

[ July 24, 2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm stumped. I don't even see an obvious answer

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Think about two different stars from two of the programs (that are also tied by another WAY obvious one I didn't list) and you'll get the answer.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, William Shatner starred in T.J. Hooker, I believe Leonard Nimoy starred in M:I for a bit and both guested on the same episode of U.N.C.L.E. along with the late James Doohan.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

That would be what I was looking for. Nimoy and Shatner actually appeared together on six different series:

Man from U.N.C.L.E. (1964)
Mission: Impossible (1966)
Star Trek: TOS (1966)
Star Trek: TAS (1973)
T.J. Hooker (1982)
Futurama (1999)

Incidently, Nimoy played Paris on MI, around the same time as Sam Elliott and Lesley Ann Warren appeared on it. 3rd season I think.

Next to you Miner!

[ July 29, 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

OK, then:

W.C. Fields
Bob Dylan
Oscar Wilde

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

They all hated children? [Wink]
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Bob actually seems to love kids, but I think you're right about the other two.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay, more seriously. It can't be the obvious that they all were born with different names (most of these questions could have that answer) so I'll go with the three of them being on the cover to the Beatles "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band".
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

That would be the answer.

Good job, LL! I thought that one would be a stumper.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Believe it or not I actually used to own a signed copy of that album. I inherited it from a family friend who got me hooked on Beatles music. But a cousin stole it and before I could recover it he was killed in a hunting accident. Never knew what happened to it.

I'll post another question in bit.

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
OK, I think I am going to revive this old game.

Recap of the rules: Find the common link to the 3 people/objects listed. The correct poster gets to list the next 3

SO:

Nancy Walker
Walter Cronkite
Betty Ford

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Did they all appear on 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show'?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Darn, that was quick. I wonder if it would have been hard with my original three (Henry Winkler, John Ritter, & Nanacy Walker - same answer)

Nancy Walker had the reoccurring role as Ida Morgenstern, Rhoda's mom. Walter Cronkite & Betty Ford appeared as themselves.

OK, Matthew E your turn

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Here we go:

Starman
Karate Kid
Cloak & Dagger

...and be as specific as you can!

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.