Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a hint: There was one bit of information on their obituaries that could not have been more accurate.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
They were all accused of being Communists?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. That wasn't what I was going for. Edna May Oliver was already dead during the red scare, so I don't think she was.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Hmm. That wasn't what I was going for. Edna May Oliver was already dead during the red scare, so I don't think she was.

There was also a Red Scare during the WWI era.

Well hopefully someone else can figure this out.

Oh and to post the 3 on this new page:

Ingrid Bergman
Betty Friedan
Edna May Oliver

[ May 08, 2006, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Quislet, Esq. ]

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

I'll make my hint a little more precise. The obituaries for any of these three would include a very accurate age at death.

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bevis   Email Bevis         Edit/Delete Post     
Did they all die on their birthday? (If so then you could add Shakespeare to the list).

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Yes. They all died on their birthdays.

Ingrid Bergman was born 29 August 1915 and died 29 August 1982 (29 August is my birthday too, BTW)

Betty Friedan was born 4 February 1921 and died 4 February of this year.

Edna May Oliver (a character actress probably best known now for being spoofed in Warner Brothers cartoons of the late '30s) was born 9 November 1883 and died 9 November 1942.

What can you give us, Bevis?

[ May 09, 2006, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

I'm blanking at the moment on a question since it is bed time and my brain has stopped working. If I've not posted anything by tomorrow lunch time my time (so early morning-ish US time) someone give me a shout in case I've forgotten...

--------------------

From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

OK, lets go with a relativly simple one sicne I can think of some really good ones that link two people/things but I keep getting stuck when it comes to adding a third one. So...

Joss Whedon
Gillian Anderson
Bill Clinton

--------------------

walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
None of them had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky (supposedly)

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Well yes, I suppose that's probably true (allegedly) but not the answer I was after. [Wink]

--------------------

lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
The letter X?

X-Men, X-files, X-president?

From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

heh, nope, not that either.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
They all got more votes than Ralph Nader in the 2000 and 2004 Presidential election?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bevis
Feeling nostalgic

Oh almost certainly, but still not right.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.