Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm apparently they all did. I think I will give it to you, Lightning Lad. The link I had was that they all appeared in the Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz movie "Forever, Darling". So, the link of them all appearing oin the same show/movie is established. I caught the movie the other night in TCM.

And for those who don't know Mabel Albertson was best known for playing Darrin's Mother Phyllis Stevens on Bewitched.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
See also played Dick Van Dyke's mother on The New Dick Van Dyke Show. And all three did appear in Forever Darling as well as various incarnations of the Lucy Show.

Next Triad:

Raymond Bailey
Amanda Bearse
Gale Gordon

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
They all played bankers in sitcoms?

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I figured that might be an easy one. You got it RL.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
How about:

Charlie Brown
Lyndon Johnson
Me (John)

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
You have last names that are amongst the 10 most common in America?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Nope. My last name is actually quite unusual.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
You all own/owned beagles

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Yeah. I figured this would be an easy one too. If a hint was needed, I was going to add that we all have this in common with another Legion Worlder who lives in the same state I do (Beagz, of course).

For the record:

CB: Snoopy (of course)
LBJ: Him, Her and Edgar
Me: Hyfrydol (aka, Hyvvie the Wonder Beagle)

Your turn, Quis.

[ May 10, 2006, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Hmm ok let me think.........

Howard Hughes
Howie Mandel
Joan Crawford

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
All had or were suspected of having OCD?

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

I was going for mysophobia (the fear of germs) but seeing as that leads to OCD you got it.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

Another one that's not human beings:

Virginia
Samoa
Yemen

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

They are all places that have, at some point, been partitioned into multiple entities with a cardinal direction in the name of at least one of the units.

--------------------

Chaim Mattis Keller

You've just about got it...a little hint...there's a reason my Triad doesn't include Dakota or Korea.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.