Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 57)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That may be true, but not the triad I was going for.

Repeating the triad for a new page:

Cary Grant
John Wayne
Jayne Mansfield

Hint: Their biographies might give a clue

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
None of them acted under their real names? (Although Jayne Mansfield almost did...)

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be it. They all had stage names.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay then. This one might (or might not! Not sure) be easy, but I've been wanting to use it for a while:

Bowl of soup
Salt shaker
Polaroid picture

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Hint: you may already have thought of the answer for this one. The thought that popped into your head when you saw the third item on the list may just be the actual answer to the question.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Things you shake to an Outkast song. (Of course, you really don't WANT to shake a bowl of soup.)
From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Close enough. They're all things you can shake it like.

("Shake it like a bowl of soup" from 'Shake' by Sam Cooke; "Shake it like a salt shaker" from "Shake It Like a Salt Shaker" by the Ying Yang Twins; "Shake it like a Polaroid picture" from 'Hey Ya' by Outkast.)

Go ahead.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Calybos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Calybos   Email Calybos         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, damn... let's see. Here's an old riddle: What do these have in common?

fortune
bank
story

From: Norcross, GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Tellers!

So now *I* have to think of one...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Okay, well, I'll assume 'tellers' was right'.

crabcakes
stuffing
liverwurst

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Hint: the answer to this question has nothing to do with food.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Is nobody interested in this? Well, here's another hint, anyway:

I don't want to monopolize or hijack this thread with a definition of how to solve this particular example of hijinks. I know; reading this, some of you are sighing and some laughing, but the worst is over, so you can return to your previous states of calmness or even somnolence while I cease my prideful ways and defer this stupid conversation to a canopy in Afghanistan.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

You have me stumped, even more so after this last hint.

Think a bit, would it be that they are spelt the same in the singular and plural form?

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

No, but you're on the right track in that you're thinking about the spelling of the words instead of the meaning of the words.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah - they contain three consecutive letters of the alphabet!

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.