Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » TRIAD: only for serious mindbending! (Page 59)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  127  128  129   
Author Topic: TRIAD: only for serious mindbending!
Chaim Mattis Keller
Legion-Reference-File Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm...I wonder how many of the 50 states' capitals are their largest cities. I'm guessing less than half. Maybe I'll work it out and post the answer soon...

In any case, the new Triad is:

Peru
Mexico
Denver

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All are cities or towns in Maine?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chaim Mattis Keller   Email Chaim Mattis Keller         Edit/Delete Post     
Right idea, wrong state - Maine has only two of the three.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

From: New York, NY, USA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I know New York state has at least two of those, so I'll guess NY.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

Nope. And BTW, not only are they in the same state, they're even in the same county.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Chaim Mattis Keller

I'll throw another hint. The county they're in shares its name with the biggest city in another state. And not an obscure city, but a major one, one with a team in all four popular American major league sports.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I know Cole Porter was from Peru, Indiana, so let's say they're all cities in Indiana.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

There we go - all cities in Miami County, Indiana. You're up, Rockhopper.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Audrey Hepburn
Deborah Kerr
Natalie Wood

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaim Mattis Keller

I refuse to let this game die, so I'll give this one a shot, though I'm sure it's not specific enough (even if it's correct):

They were all nominated for Best Actress in the 1950's.

--------------------
Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
All had Marni Nixon dub in their singing?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Quis has it. Marni Nixon dubbed some of Deborah Kerr's singing in The King and I, all of Natalie Wood's singning in West Side Story and most of Audrey Hepburn's singing in My Fair Lady.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

This might be easy

Rhodes
The Statue of Liberty
Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin

--------------------

Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
Colossi?

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Colossus, yes.

the Colossus of Rhodes, The Poem The New Colossus located at and about the Statue of Liberty, and, of course, Colossus of the X-Men.

--------------------

This topic comprises 129 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  127  128  129   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.