Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » MadroX and X-Factor Investigations (Page 19)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   
Author Topic: MadroX and X-Factor Investigations
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm leery about Rahne leaving, but, given PAD's track record, he can probably take *any* character, including one pulled from his butt, and make me interested in them. I sure never thought that Siryn or Rictor or 'Strong Guy' would be interesting to me...

Still, Rahne and Madrox are my favorite two characters, and she's always seemed to be a central figure, personalitywise. I'm not sure I'd call her the heart of the team, but she fits the bill better than anyone else.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd never looked at it that way before, but now that you mention it, she is the only character with both feet on the ground (aside from the occassional lapse, and then only when she's in wolf mode), so I guess that would make her, rather than Madrox, the glue that holds the team together.

Maybe one of the other characters will evolve into providing a similar function. Or maybe we'll have a new character that does it.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
I'd never looked at it that way before, but now that you mention it, she is the only character with both feet on the ground (aside from the occassional lapse, and then only when she's in wolf mode), so I guess that would make her, rather than Madrox, the glue that holds the team together.

And I didn't realize it myself until I posted that. She really is the 'adult' of the team. Monet has her force field of disdain protecting her from the world, Siryn is lost in her own magazine rack full of issues, Madrox can't even hold *himself* together, let along help people with their own issues and Guido hides behind his jokes, to mask his pain.

With Rahne gone, *Rictor* is going to be the stable one of the group. Which, actually, is a good place for him to be. Mutant powers as a metaphor for the Lost Boys who will never grown up, still living in their fantastic world of make-believe, and it's only the boy who has forgotten how to fly who can play the grown-up.

{Technically, Layla is, ironically, the 'grown-up' figure of the group right now, but I don't know how long she is for this world...)

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
With Rahne gone, *Rictor* is going to be the stable one of the group. Which, actually, is a good place for him to be. Mutant powers as a metaphor for the Lost Boys who will never grown up, still living in their fantastic world of make-believe, and it's only the boy who has forgotten how to fly who can play the grown-up.

That makes sense. Rictor's character arc has been one of the most seamless in this book, and it definitely seems headed in that direction.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
{Technically, Layla is, ironically, the 'grown-up' figure of the group right now, but I don't know how long she is for this world...)

I know, and I'm hanging on to the possibility that she might not die because that would be predictable and because PAD already gave us a fake Layla death recently.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm expecting Layla to survive her time trip during Messiah CompleX, but I think she will come out of it aged...

As for Rictor, I'm all for him getting more spotlight time, even if it is as the group's resident "normal."

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

The end of the second year was anticlimactic to say the least. Which is surprising not only because PAD usually delivers, but also because he gave the end of the first year a great climax. But there were still plenty of laughs and plenty of good character bits, and that Layla/Nicole scene joins Monet's idea of justice, and the unexpected return of Madrox's renegade dupe, and Siryn seducing Spider-Man (and too many more to list) among my favorite X-Factor scenes.

Click Here For A SpoilerSo...the Isolationist just gives up? And with the mega-crossover around the corner, who knows how long it'll take to solve the loose end involving Siryn and the psycho family (that twist was surprising to me, though).

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It did feel a little unsatisfying. I think it was jsut a rush to get things set up for the cross-over, not that PAD has to change it, just hurry through it.

I'm worried for Siryn.

From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, Siryn keeps getting beat up/down/whatever. Her being alone with the crazies does not bode well. Jeez, and the parents talked about mixed messages, though? Ironic.

I didn't actually feel like it was unsatisfying, though. I mean, yes, there was a bit of strange pacing and X-Factor really didn't "save the day" or "kick the bad guy's butt", but I got the impression this may be an ongoing thing for them. This sort of threat looming over them. First there was Singularity and now H...whatever his name was. I dunno. We'll see where it goes.

I just hope the crossover doesn't eff the team up too badly...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

<<Brushes away cobwebs and dust>>

Thank god the Messiah CompleX tie-ins are over for this book.

Preview of # 28:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=144039

Pablo Raimondi's still drawing every other arc. Yay!

Click Here For A Spoiler Unless PAD has a surprise up his sleeve, it looks like Monet is pregnant after all. I think that's kind of a conventional way to soften her character; hopefully PAD will put an interesting spin on it.

--------------------

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I echo your "thank God" Stealth

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
What happened to the "permanent" Bishop-style eye-M that Madrox was meant to have?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't really check the previews for X-Factor, but I assume Layla will be staying in this book. Maybe even aged a few years. I wouldn't mind seeing an older Layla/Jamie romance begin to go along with PAD's story.

So Rahne is out. Do we know who PAD might bring in then to replace her? I really liked her romance with Richtor (whom, I reiterate, I never cared for until PAD came along).

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

The tie-in really sucked my enthusiasm for the book right out. I hate that Rahne is leaving for Team SniktBub and I don't like Layla being killed off (or the chump-like way in which X-Factor was treated by the rest of the Xverse anyway).

Freaking crossovers. I am this close to dropping the book, but I'm going to give PAD a few issues to salvage what they've left him.

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I don't really check the previews for X-Factor, but I assume Layla will be staying in this book. Maybe even aged a few years. I wouldn't mind seeing an older Layla/Jamie romance begin to go along with PAD's story.

According to PAD, she won't be back "by issue #30 or even #31".

The arc starting in #33 (after the 5-part Arcade arc) then.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[QB]So Rahne is out. Do we know who PAD might bring in then to replace her?/QB]

Darwin.

[ January 24, 2008, 07:39 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Solicitations for the next three issues, courtesy of Newsarama. http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/xmen/Divided/solicitations.html

The bad news is, Raimondi is apparently only drawing the first part of this arc. The good news is that, as Reboot already mentioned, the villain is Arcade, who I think is the perfect veteran X-Men villain for PAD to write; I have a feeling this arc will be a return-to-form for X-Factor.

quote:
X-FACTOR #28
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by PABLO RAIMONDI
Cover by GLENN FABRY
A DIVIDED WE STAND tie-in!
Following the events of MESSIAH COMPLEX, X-Factor Investigations is in shambles. Jamie is a basketcase from his trip to a nightmarish future, Layla’s fate is completely in the air, and Wolfsbane has to leave the team to join X-FORCE, though none of her friends can know about it. What will Wolfsbane tell the X-Factor team? What are they going to do about Layla? How is Jamie coping with his guilt? Get onboard here for X-Factor’s brand-new direction!
32 PGS./Rated T+…$2.99

X-FACTOR #29
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by GLENN FABRY
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN PART 2 (of 5)
How can X-Factor be the defenders of Mutant Town when their little piece of the world is hemorrhaging its population? Combine that with Rahne already being gone and Rictor having one foot out the door, and Madrox's team finds itself at its lowest point. Unfortunately, since they're the last mutant team standing and the only game in town, that puts them squarely in the crosshairs of one of the X-Men's oldest and deadliest foes.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

X-FACTOR #30
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by GLENN FABRY
THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN, PART 3 OF 5
As Rictor faces down death underneath a rapidly lowering, swinging blade, the rest of the team finds themselves in a Mutant Town transformed into the vicious Murderworld of the diabolical ARCADE! But who has hired the red-haired assassin to take out our heroes? This issue ends with an explosive finale that will literally change the landscape of New York City.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99
FOC - 3/27, On-Sale - 4/16/2008

--------------------

This topic comprises 29 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...  27  28  29   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.