Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate! (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate!
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sela Ward is currently on CSI:NY--the only reason to watch that show, IMO.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
That shows still on the air? Never watched any of the CSI's. Not my thing.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Well, I've noticed that I'm more into hot milf's than young teenage to barely post pubescent young ladies. I always liked older women when I was younger, [Wink] . Still, where's Sela Ward when ya got her on yer list, right?!

Oy. Reminds me: I was on another fan board earlier this year talking about how much better vinyl sounds than CDs. Some dude demanded to know if I was a "hot MILF" or something like that. I sent him this sexy nude photo of myself and told him not to plaster it all over the internet.

[No] Kids today, I tell you...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sexy and slappy, cleome. [Love]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome:
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
Well, I've noticed that I'm more into hot milf's than young teenage to barely post pubescent young ladies. I always liked older women when I was younger, [Wink] . Still, where's Sela Ward when ya got her on yer list, right?!

Oy. Reminds me: I was on another fan board earlier this year talking about how much better vinyl sounds than CDs. Some dude demanded to know if I was a "hot MILF" or something like that. I sent him this sexy nude photo of myself and told him not to plaster it all over the internet.

[No] Kids today, I tell you...

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

My wife is pretty much the only "younger" woman I've ever gone for. And at five years younger, thats a bit for me, but she's the only one I want, so I don't really worry about the milfs and gilfs and teenies or latest hot young thang that hollywood says I'm supposed to like.

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Squash. It's supposed to be good for you, you are supposed to like it. I don't. I don't like a lot of vegetables that frankly don't taste good.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Cheese. It is supposed to be something everyone loves and wants. Not me.

I don't make secret how much I dislike tomatoes and pizza.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I don't like it when servers don't know how to properly prepare the presentation of the cheese at high toned gatherings, of which I attend so many.

People, learn the proper technique for the slicing of cheese. Cut it right.

[Wink]

--------------------

Something pithy!

rickshaw1
Leader

Regis.

Seriously. I can't like anyone that thinks normal conversation involves shouting at the top of their voice. Chris Matthews, and lately Sean Hannity as well.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not a fan of Mr. Philbin, either, Rick. Unfortunately, my mother thinks he hung the moon. Back in the early '90s, he and Kathie Lee were broadcasting a show from Disney World, which is very close to where my parents lived at the time (and my dad still lives) and they managed to get tickets. I sat through the whole episode. The guests included Minnie Moo (a cow with Mickey Mouse-like markings), Hulk Hogan, 15-year-old Jennifer Capriati (who that day was completely unable to hit a tennis ball) and Lee Greenwood and Sandi Patti singing the "Thousand Points of Light" song, a hymn to George H.W. Bush (not someone I particularly admire). My folks were on camera for two seconds in the first minute of the show.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Rocky: Well, at least nobody can say that family is unimportant to you, right?

[Wink]

Maybe this isn't quite the right thread for it, but the usual Hollywood "Sexiest Man Alive" usually doesn't do anything for me. I like watching George Clooney's films, for example. But I don't go out of my way to watch every last one of them. Also, I don't really chime in when all the red-blooded hetero women around me start carrying on about how they'd like to get in the sack with him. In fact, it makes me twitchy. Like we all have to melt for whomever Hollywood commands us to melt for because we've got no minds of our own.

I wouldn't mind having coffee and cake with the guy, but he'd likely be relieved to know that I'd expect nothing afterward beyond a friendly handshake and maybe an autographed 8"X10" glossy for my older sister.

[Good]

[ January 22, 2011, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: cleome ]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Christopher Reeves as Superman.

Okay, before everyone thinks this is a bash of the man, be cool.

The superman movies of the 70's/80's weren't that good. I'm sorry, they just weren't. Reeves as Superman was very stiff. Part of that was because they took the most overwrought ideas from the comics at the time, that Clark was a wimp, etc... and shackled them to the character.

And too, to be honest, Reeves hammed it up some. I'm sorry, I know that's sacrilege, but thats the way I saw them. While SII was the best of the bunch by far, it was still...clunky.

the movie suffered from a lot of the same thing that affected Schumacker's Batman stuff. They kinda only saw the corny, the "kids stuff" part of the comics. Granted, that was the prevailing view of comics by those outside it at the time, but still.

I really haven't seen a good Superman movie.

--------------------

Something pithy!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Superman and the Mole Men = easily the best Superman movie!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

I actually like the Fleisher cartoons the best.

*I'm aware that I probably spelled his name wrong.

--------------------

Something pithy!

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.