Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate!
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

Cobalt Kid wrote:

quote:
...Separatists in the US - grow up already.

But you love Cascadia's Flag. Don't lie. Who wouldn't want a flag nicknamed "Doug"?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
All alcohol.

It all tastes and smells like paint thinner to me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't want anyone to miss this:

quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
Faux-indie-rock girl-power anthems.

I HATE, HATE, HATE Kelly "Smelly" Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" and all the clones of that song I've been subjected to over the years, including and especially the clones from Smelly* herself.

And then there's that idiot, I forget her name, who sings that awful song "According To You" and bases her whole career on the supposed novelty of a girl being able to shred on the guitar.

* I swear, she looks like she never bathes.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
I never got the whole White Castle mystique. To me it just tastes like standard-issue fast food, but in a smaller, cuter package.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
We don't have White Castle in Canada (at least in parts I've been too)
Tried it on a cruise through the states last September...nasty and greasy. Never again!

PS3/Wii/XBox360...don't get me wrong, I love the systems themselves, its the raging fanboys who proclaim to thier dying breath that one is superior to the other. Get over it all have advantages and disadvantages.

The "Dirty Oil" propagnda machine. I'm not even going to get into this, lest it turns into a three page rant, but I will say that Alberta's oil mining is no "dirtier" that any other form of mining, and thanks to SAG-D technology is in many cases much cleaner.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Tattoos. No offense to anyone who has them, but I've just never understood the appeal of having ink injected in one's skin.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
despite having tattoos, I'm kinda with ya on this one Rocky...
what gets me is the random tribal/chinese/cartoon character tattoos, that essentially mean nothing to the person they are on, that, even worse, were choosen from a tattoo book, so a couple of hundred other people have the same one. yeah, 1 up for originality folks.

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
...And Heath Ledger's Joker was terribly overrated (again, an actor I liked in a Knight's Tale, completely failing to deliver the goods, although I suspect the writing gave him nothing to work with). It's like they forgot that the Joker isn't just creepy and crazy, but also *funny.* Even if nobody else is laughing, *he's* supposed to be having fun, not trudging around acting oh-so-terribly-serious...

The only 'good' things in the last two Batman movies have been Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine's performances as Lucius and Alfred.

So much agreement here, though I found the first much more watchable than the second. At least I made it all the way through the first one without leaving in disgust with forty or so minutes left to go. [No]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The television show...The Office.

I just cannot get into it at all. Tried several times. Not happening.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
"The Shawshank Redemption". I can't count the number of times I've had conversations about "great" movies when this title has come up.

Really, guys? In the same breath as "The Godfather" and "Raging Bull," folks would actually put a film as ham-fistedly schmaltzy as "Shawshank." It doesn't work for me as drama, as a buddy-pic, or as an affirmation of the human spirit. Though it attempts to be each of those, the approach is just so over the top on each front. I feel as though this film is trying too hard to be my friend.

C'mon... surely I'm being too hard on imdb's #1 ranked film. Well, just to be fair, I tried to think about it in terms of a very specific sub-genre and I was astounded to find that I couldn't even place it into the top ten of my favorite Click Here For A Spoilerprison escape films!

[ March 16, 2010, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Hamburgers and hotdogs. Don't like 'em, don't like the taste.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

The Decemberists. Local band makes good worldwide plays for the President yadda yadda yadda.

I just think there are several other bands who pull off their particular shtick much better than they do. [shrug] And the constant local hype about them is annoying, as if there's no other musicians in town capable of doing interesting things. Ppphht.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Oprah. If I saw Oprah being beaten up by a gang in the street, I'd run over...and get a few kicks in.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
here damn here

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd push people out of the way for ya Cobie.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.