Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate! (Page 14)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Things you are supposed to like...but secretly hate!
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*delete*

[ December 21, 2011, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: gone ]

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:

..."California Girls" was actually by Katy Perry, but I hate her just as much as I hate Kelly Clarkson. I'm not aware of any Christmas songs by either one, so I guess I've been lucky not to hear it. :whew:

[slaps forehead]

Sorry. (And so, another chance to be hip enough for the room slips through my fingers...)

[gets last beer out of the fridge]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Chinese food. Well, I don't loathe it, and there are some dishes I'd gobble up (most types of dim sum, birthday noodles, sweet and sour pork, steamed fish, lemon chicken), but sometimes I get tired of it because we eat at a Chinese restaurant for almost every special occasion.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by NoLongerLegion:
The Legion of Super-Heroes. I know, this is a board for the fans of the book... and I used to be one, once upon a time. But I have recently realized that the last issue that I even Liked was durring the Post-ZeroHour era. I LOATHED the Threeboot, Hated the Retroboot and so far Detest the Retroboot 2.0 and it's gaggingly awful spin-off.
The same goes for virtually every DC title.

I'm not sure that's much of a secret. [Wink]
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Peanuts. Never did like that comic strip. I know, Shultz is an American treasure. Still don't like it.

Or mickey mouse for that matter. Bugs and the gang were much better...back when they could be funny. New looney toones show.....SUCKS! 'taint funny atoll.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
The new DC lineup, for the most part. There's about four books I really like, the rest are "meh" to "bye".

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
The Rolling Stones. One of the supposed greatest (if not the for some people) rock and roll bands of all time.

I just do not get it. There's maybe a couple songs I can tolerate by them, and even those have been beat into the ground by movies and television.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't get the Stones either, Dev. I think it was more a matter of them being in the right place at the right time than of them being especially talented. Jagger is particularly annoying -- a real bluesman would wipe the floor with him.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The Rolling Stones have three or four good albums mid-way through their careers, I think. But they're still way overexposed and overhyped. And there needs to be a stipulation that Martin Scorsese isn't allowed to get within 100' of "Gimme Shelter" or any other Stones song ever again.

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Martin Scorsese is also overexposed and overhyped. No wonder he likes the Stones so much. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Clap...clap...clap.

Fanfie...Thank you for saying that about Scorsese. I never got him either.

Okay, I have friends that would kill me for this one. Woody Allen.

I have never been able to watch any of his movies all the way through...and just do not see what the hype is all about. This has nothing to do with his personal life either...I felt this way long before he got all freaky with his...whatever the hell she was.

...and do not get me started on Spike Lee.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46

quote:
Originally posted by Fanfic Lady:
Martin Scorsese is also overexposed and overhyped. No wonder he likes the Stones so much. [Big Grin]

I like him better when he's not making the same movie over and over again with only minor alterations.

So I think The Departed was a total waste of time. [Evil] The fact that he used "Gimme Shelter" again was the next best thing to him just interrupting the film to announce, Yeah, it's all phoned in but I really do want an Oscar, okay?

[ May 03, 2012, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: cleome45 ]

--------------------

Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Oh, Cleome. [ROTFLMAO]

Dev, my parents are big Woody Allen fans, so I grew up reading his writings and watching his movies. I actually think most of the movies up to "Annie Hall" hold up pretty well, but then he got really self-important and contemptous of the mass audience AND his creepier side started to taint both his work and his private life. As for Spike Lee, he was self-important from the very start, and seems to have really barbaric views on sexuality.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Let's get REAL with it.

Kubrick.

Sure, a few *moments* of brilliance...not entire films mind you...(save perhaps Spartacus)....but c'mon. What's with the genius rep? Seriously.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Wellllll...

I consider "The Shining" to be perhaps the most overrated horror movie of all time, with one of Jack Nicholson's most self-indulgent performances (and that's saying a lot.) I couldn't get past the first half-hour or so of "Full Metal Jacket" because it was so ridiculously over-the-top and cliched. I've avoided "2001" because my mother saw it on the big screen during its original run, and says she felt ripped off.

--------------------

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.