Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

BTW Scott, the *new* Silverchair song is pretty kick-ass.

I like the single "Straight Lines" but the follow up didn't impress me.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

BTW Scott, the *new* Silverchair song is pretty kick-ass.

I like the single "Straight Lines" but the follow up didn't impress me.
I just heard "Straight Lines" the other day, pretty good retro sound. Haven't heard the follow up yet.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Rooney "When Did Your Heart Go Missing"
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I don't currently have a favorite song. Weird.

Although an old Johnny Lee (best known for "Looking For Love" on the Urban Cowboy Soundtrack-- hiariously spoofed by Eddie Murphy as Buckwheat "Wookin' Pa Nub" on SNL) song has somehow gotten ingrained into my brain. IIRC, it was called "Prisoner of Hope".

I'm a prisoner of hope
just trying to win
the smile in her eyes
the touch of her skin

if she would just count me
as one of her friends
somehow I know where the friendship would end

With her in my arms
and her by my side
with her in my days
and her in my night

I'm making good love
out of pure fantasy
prisoners of hope never want to be free

I'll have to see if I can find it for download... mmmm... Johnny Lee had a sexy voice.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm in the midst of a Nina Simone moment.
"For All We Know"
"I Look Around"

scrumptious old music!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Breath by Breaking Benjamin.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Rooney "When Did Your Heart Go Missing"

Great song. Just heard this the other day myself.

BTW, I've recently begun listening to a bunch of songs Scooter sent (finally got new PC up and running at home). A lot of them are reccomendations by CJ, MEL, Scooter and a bunch of you other folks. Loving these:

"Flathead" - the Fratellis
"Hysteria" - Muse
"Holland, 1945" - Nuetral Milk Hotel

Also, that new Matchbox 20 song is probably the only song they've ever done where I've been totally impressed and into it. And I'm still listening to Fallout Boy's "Sugar We're Goin Down" and "Thanks for the Mmrrs" (or however corny way they spell it). And the Boys like Girls song is pretty good too.

Scooter gave me a lot of music, and it'll take me some time to get through it all, which is a definate good thing [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Flyleaf "All Around Me". Pretty good ghostly song, perfect for the season.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
YouTube has helped me learn more songs than I ever would have before. Now I'm learning about Donny Hathaway.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

After a 2,000 mile road trip, these are my current favorites.

Seether - Fake It
Sixx: A.M. - Life is Beautiful (Nikki Six of Mötley Crüe new group)
Finger Eleven - Falling On
Alter Bridge - Rise Today
Another Animal - Broken Again
Puddle of Mudd - Psycho

Couple of good remakes too:

Godsmack - Good Times Bad Times
Killswitch Engage - Holy Diver

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Not a new song, but new to me.

"Radio Orchid" by Fury in the Slaughterhouse. The Remix Mix Speed has a very groovy disco vibe to it.

"Walk in the Night" Junior Walker and the all Stars

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
"The People" by Common - that song gets me hella-pumped!

"You know I'm no good" by Amy Whinehouse - now this is what I was hoping from by her. I had to dig, since I'm not a fan of 'Rehab', but I like this tune quite a bit.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dream Girl
Yay for pie! (im obsessed)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dream Girl   Email Dream Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I think right now my favorite song would be

"Made of Scars" by Stone Sour...that song describes me pretty damn well...

--------------------
I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice-cream!

From: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

"Life is Beautiful" by SIXX AM.

"I'm Sorry" by Buckcherry

I'm in rocker mode right now.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Glad to see another one listening to Sixx: A.M.

Need to find the full album.

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.