Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Your latest favorite song (Page 34)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  51  52  53   
Author Topic: Your latest favorite song
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I recently have been hearing a Smashing Pumpkins song on the radio a lot that I never heard before. Anyone know if they have a new song out? At first it seemed highly unlikely. But I read/watch almost ZERO news on music these days.

The song is pretty kick-ass. I miss the Smashing Pumpkins. It would rock if they had a new album out.

BTW Scott, the *new* Silverchair song is pretty kick-ass.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Pretty sure they came out with a new CD this summer, Des.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Googled it: the CD's called "Zeitgeist", Des.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Pumpkins released Zeitgeist in July. The only track I've heard so far is Tarantula. I find it so-so. Just doesn't seem like the same Pumpkins to me. Hopefully it is just the one song.

I haven't heard anything from Silverchair's new album, Young Modern (which I think came out in July as well). I'll have to see if I can find it for a listen.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Now that I moved closer to NYC, I get a new channel called 'Fuse' that I check out every so often. Silverchair has a new single and video for it that plays on that channel and its pretty good. Not sure if you get it Scooter.

So the Pumpkins are together again with a new album? Holy crap! That's pretty cool. I think the song is Tarantula Scott. I actually kind of like it!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Cobie, but the current Pumpkins are only half of the original lineup: Billy and the drummer.

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Bah! So my favorite two members aren't there.

Still, I'll probably check it out. I'm so behind on music news. Is the guitarist still with 'A Perfect Circle'?

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If you mean James Iha, yes, he's still technically with APC. They are on a break now while Maynard focuses on his new band, Puscifer. According to Wikipedia Iha is touring Europe with Vanessa and the O's (don't know that group).
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maynard has how many bands now?
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Let's see:

Children of the Anachronistic Dynasty (2 albums)
TexA.N.S. (2 albums)
Tool (7 albums with a new one in the works I think)
A Perfect Circle (3 albums and 2 soundtracks)
Puscifer (3 soundtracks and 1 yet to be released album)

But I think the most he's ever had going at once is two. He didn't start working with Puscifer on an album until APC was on hiatus.

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
He's giving Billy Corgan a run for the money.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

At least Maynard usually finishes what he starts. Corgan likes to talk about tons of projects but very few see the light of day.
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

I'll give ya that. But when he does finish something, I usually like it.

I've been grooving Concrete Blonde stuff lately. Guess I'm feeling hormonal.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Decemberist's "Legionnaire's Lament". Mmkay I know this refers to French Legionnaires and NOT interstellar ones, but it still kicks major assage.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Legionnaires-Lament/dp/B000UU0SKW

Iron and Wine's new disc - The Sheperd's Dog is way awesome!
New Found Glory's movie soundtrack cover disc - From the Screen to Your Stereo, Part II
Metro Station - Seventeen Forever
Kaskade - 4AM
Kate Nash - Foundations
Rogue Wave - Lake Michigan
Beck - Timebomb

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Old school- Stevie Wonder "I Believe", listening to the HIGH FIDELITY soundtrack.

Modern music - Good Charlotte "Dance Floor Anthem"

This topic comprises 53 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  51  52  53   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.