Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!! (Page 36)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40   
Author Topic: LOST - season 3 BE WARNED!!!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Locke may not have a choice, given that it looks like the island may very well have been taken over by people who shouldn't have it.

I was thinking that his funeral would trigger Jack's whole "we weren't supposed to leave" breakdown in front of Kate.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Makes sense. If it's any of the main Losties, though, Jack better find away to go back and fix it.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
THE LABRADORIAN
THE LEGIONS' GREATEST HERO

Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE LABRADORIAN           Edit/Delete Post     
the whole time you watch jack's flashback u figure its a backstory only to find out that its a flashforward.
Ok, so why was jack telling the doctor to bring his father downstairs. I am confused, why would he ask for his father if he knows he is dead and he knows that the hospital knows that Dr. Sheppard sr. is deceased.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe his sense of time (present/past/future) is all screwed up. Like Desmond's when he went into the past.

--------------------

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

This episode was so awesome!

Hurley kicking ass!

I seriously thought they'd killed all three hostages!

Charlie talking to Penny!

The Alex/Rousseau reunion!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Meh. That's all I can say right now. One watches shows like this by maintaining the fantasy that things will work out for one's beloved characters. Now we know that they don't. Big time. And as pathetic as Jack has been for most of the show, tonight was just excruciating. I honestly don't know if I have it in me to watch again in February. I thoroughly understand the need to shake up the show, but showing a drug-addicted, suicidal Jack after the island, just makes you realize that these characters never learn nothin' and that's the way the writers want it. And Kate? Man, she looked awful. Enough makeup to star in phantom of the opera. Ick!

OK, who's in the coffin? It looked really small to me. Only two characters on the show could die and have NO ONE to mourn them in the real world: Locke and Benjamin. Even Juliet would have her sister/nephew/etc. And the coffin seemed to small for Locke.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

I accidentally got spoiled for the last scene. [Frown] I was really hoping it was wrong. I don't know if I want the show to change that much.

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN

i believe because its Desmond's flashforward, that Desmond changes everything. There is still hope for the return of the hobbit.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, SPOILERS BELOW...

I wonder what this means though. Was this a 'possible' future that we might see from time to time? Will the show change drastically by next season--man, I hope that, that would SUCK! I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But other than that, this episode was great! Great moments for all! Hurley to the rescue! Sayid in hell-badass mode! Sawyer reminding us he's not as forgiving as the rest! Walt! Locke having a great scene! Naomi revealed as something different! Death everywhere! Many emotional moments. Despite Jack's pathetic-ness in the future, he was very strong this episode in 'real time'. I felt that for the first time in awhile. The Rosseou/Alex stuff was great.

But of course, the real shocker of the episode was Charlie. What a great last two episodes with him. He was not only brave and heroic, but dashing and funny. And his friendship with Desmond, and moreso Hurley and of course Claire continued to shine in this episode. And then when he makes the sign of the cross at the end...it was really powerful. I'm reminded more of Eko's storyline more than ever.

PS - Mikhail = baddest ass villain so far! C'mon, we all totally saw him not being dead!

PPS - Ben & Juliet survive to next season! We'll see what that means for them I guess...though I wouldn't be surprised if their days were still numbered.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by THE LABRADORIAN:
the whole time you watch jack's flashback u figure its a backstory only to find out that its a flashforward.
Ok, so why was jack telling the doctor to bring his father downstairs. I am confused, why would he ask for his father if he knows he is dead and he knows that the hospital knows that Dr. Sheppard sr. is deceased.

Either a) his father isn't dead, or b) he's so screwed up he doesn't remember that his father is dead.
Arachne
Bookworm

Nice idea, but I think it's more likely to be Jack's flash forward. It'd be nice if Charlie didn't die, though. (If you're wondering why I'm posting every couple of minutes, it's because Lost-Forums has slowed to a crawl.)

--------------------

THE LABRADORIAN

his father is dead, wasnt he the coffin on the plane?
Arachne
Bookworm

Yep.

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

The coffin that was found empty on the island.
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, the stuff about Jack's dad pissed me off, too. Either he has been resurrected, and is again working at the hospital while his only son collapses, or Jack is deranged and the writers are too cute by half to have Dr. Chief Surgeon say "your dad's dead, Jack" because that would give away the surprise. Blech. Bad form. Going to bed now, will not post again.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 40 pages: 1  2  3  ...  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.