Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion cartoon??? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion cartoon???
Patch Lad
Missing in Action

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patch Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Patch Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I caught this posted over on the Legion Yahoo group.
An article in the New York Times mentioned that a Legion cartoon is being developed!!!
Even Superheroes Can Use Some Buffing of the Brand

On television, "Krypto the Superdog," starring Superman's boyhood pet, an animated series aimed at young viewers, began earlier this year. "The Legion of Super-Heroes," about a team from the 30th century, is being developed as a cartoon. The home video market includes DVD releases of the live-action series "Wonder Woman" and "Lois & Clark" and the animated "Challenge of the Superfriends" and "Static Shock." In toys and related merchandise, DC Direct produces everything from posters, collector's plates and prints to replica costumes, power batteries and lines of action figures from specific artists

P.S. By way, sorry I haven't been around to play COH, but things have been hectic. I got a writing gig and I have my own cloumn with WindowsSecrets.com and I have an IT blog (Chris Mosby at myITforum.com) that I have been doing as well, along with my regular day job and it has been keeping me pretty busy. Once I get used to having this as part of my schedule, I am going to try to be around here more often.

Long Live the Legion!! [Poke Joke]

--------------------
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke

From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for posting this in the Legion section, Patch.

Mystery Lad broke the news here in this thread, Dc New Logo.

Personally, I'm a little scared by the news. Warner Bros. haven't been very good at translating their comic properties into other mediums for awhile now.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I just pray to whatever gods that have been watching over the Legion these 45+ years that they don't do it like Teen Titans. [Shudder]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Let's not be negative about this before we've even seen some of the designs, guys. Guardedly optimistic is acceptable but what I really want is an excuse to get behind this in a big way. It's something we've all dreamed about for years.
This is big news gang, let's get excited!

I have to wonder if Steve and Mark and Barry get to have any input. One brief mention in one article and I'm dying to see some design sheets and even if there's a chance to find out some names that might be available for the voices.
We need a mole at DC so bad.

Steve Wacker!!! Confirm or deny? Sneak us a peek at a costume or something? Come on man, you know if we like it we'll spread it all over the internet!
[Big Grin]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
If/when this happens, it'll mean Legion toys! Cartoon-related from Mattel, true-to-comic stuff from DCD! [Bouncing Boy]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm excited by the possibility that it might be realized like JLU, with contributions by "real" comic book creators such as Gail Simone and Darwyn Cooke. But even if it's a little-kid oriented anime, it's still good news. Think of the exposure the characters will get if it's successful -- the TT cartoon has an estimated audience of 2 million viewers. Think of the merchandising possibilites, e.g., action figures, games, a newstand comic, etc.. Whatever it turns out to be, it's very good news for the future of the LSH franchise, even if we are not the target audience.

My hat goes off to DC Comics for making this come true. LLL.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
2 million. Geez, I better get us a better server before they show up on our doorstep. [Big Grin]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
yeah, if it turns out like the JLU, this could be really good. and as others have mentioned I would like to see some new action figures on the market. time will tell.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patch Lad
Missing in Action

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patch Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Patch Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Thanks for posting this in the Legion section, Patch.

Mystery Lad broke the news here in this thread, Dc New Logo.

I missed that post, thanks for pointing it out.

I am not sure about the logo thing, and we will just have to see about the cartoon. I could have sworn that they pitched a cartoon once already and it was failed?

--------------------
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke

From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Steve Lightle did some promo art for a Pokemon version.

-

-

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
I'm excited by the possibility that it might be realized like JLU, with contributions by "real" comic book creators such as Gail Simone and Darwyn Cooke. But even if it's a little-kid oriented anime, it's still good news. Think of the exposure the characters will get if it's successful -- the TT cartoon has an estimated audience of 2 million viewers. Think of the merchandising possibilites, e.g., action figures, games, a newstand comic, etc.. Whatever it turns out to be, it's very good news for the future of the LSH franchise, even if we are not the target audience.

My hat goes off to DC Comics for making this come true. LLL.

Just as long as you realize that those two millions viewers have nothing to do with the tie-in comic. The Teen Titans Go book hovers right around 14,000 per month. A spot where other books would be dropped but an exception is made for the Johnny DC titles.

I would love nothing more than for this to be a success. Let's just say my faith in DC productions isn't the strongest. I haven't regularly watched one of their toons since Batman: The Animated Series, which I faithly watched and saved to tape. The only Superman one I bothered with was New Kids in Town, for obvious reasons.

[ May 09, 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov

You love Donnie?

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Don't make me ban you on a Monday, Pov. [Wink]
Pov

[ROTFLMAO]

--------------------

Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
2 million. Geez, I better get us a better server before they show up on our doorstep. [Big Grin]

[LOL]

I was hoping somebody would post those sketches by Steve. Thanks.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.