Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion cartoon??? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion cartoon???
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Joey was always my favorite.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Hanging Tough could be the anthem for Legion fans! [Yes]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you tough enough???

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, this is great news. If I had to guess how WB will develop it, though, considering all the sci-fi elements of the storylines and the fact that we're dealing with older teens and young adults, I would think that they will develop it in an older-anime Gundam Wing or Neon Genesis Evangelion style. That would complement the already-existing Justice League Unlimited (Classic Batman:TOS style) and Teen Titans (Kiddie Manga) styles they already have, I think. Plus I think it would totally rock.

Look at me, all getting excited and stuff!

[ May 09, 2005, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Kid Prime ]

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I just pray to whatever gods that have been watching over the Legion these 45+ years that they don't do it like Teen Titans. [Shudder]

I know you're not an anime fan Scott, but the Titans 'toon is really quite good!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
AHH!

AH! AH! AH! AH!

AAAHHH!!

AAHAHAAAAAHH!!!

ARGH!

[Eek!] AAAAH!

OH my GOODNESS!

This better mean it's for sure now, and not just be where somebody saw the rumors! You better come out, Legion cartoon!

Be cool like the JLU cartoon, with a variety of characters major and minor! Or be insane and crack-addled yet somehow vaguely compelling, like the TT cartoon! Heck, be a spinoff of Krypto! I don't care! Just be animated!!!

*breathes into a paper bag*

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! What exciting news!

The scary thing is that this could go bad in so many, many different ways but I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll stay faithful to the comics and turn out a product that will satisfy us all. (Hope! Hope! Hope!)

But personally, if this show turns out half as good as the Teen Titans cartoon is I'll be a happy camper. That show is VERY good!

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe that any LSH cartoon should be aimed SQUARELY at the young viewer, with enough in-jokes and easter eggs to keep us "oldsters" watching.

And if that means using the TEEN TITANS style of animation, I'm all for it.

OhiGAWD... can you picture it... the eventual release of LSH Season 1 on DVD... *salivates*

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
[Frown] But... good cartoons never air on stations I get. [Frown] Neither do most bad cartoons for that matter. [Frown]

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oohh, I'm kinda excited by the news. What versions do you think rank highest for probable cartoonable treatment? Original? WaK? Postbooters?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My guess would be another new version.

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Or the Archie Legion. [No]

Sorry, no matter what I do I can't find myself getting excited about this. Can anyone lend me a little optimism?

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Awwww, c'mon LL! How about if I tell you the odds of getting "Underwater Lightning Lad", "Stealth Lightning Lad", and "Fire Gear Lightning Lad" figures is highly likely if a DC comics Legion cartoon is made? Can you imagine the endless hours of fun you'll have Zippo-melting LL's arm off and replacing it with a foil-made one! I could bring my Legion toys over and we could go play in the backyard and then have punch and cookies after!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Sorry, no matter what I do I can't find myself getting excited about this. Can anyone lend me a little optimism?

I'm with you on this Scott. I'm wincing more than jumping for joy waiting to see some of the promo art. Despite how "good" Teen Titans and JLU are, they could be so much better if the creators took more cues from the source material (i.e. the actual comics) than just throwing the readers a bone or two every once in awhile. ONLY when they use comic continuity or a character that I can recognize, do I ever truly enjoy those series. And look at Krypto. I've seen better animation by amateurs on the web.

Sorry guys. I know I should be happy. But, I feel like I'll just be seeing yet another version of the Legion that's just not as good as it could be.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
...and more smilies! [Eek!]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.