Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion cartoon??? (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion cartoon???
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Does anyone remember the old X-Men cartoon? How the animation was so cool and didnt have one unrecognisable name in the list: Rick Hoberg, Jimmy Janes, Romeo Tanghal et.al?

How the same cartoon re-introduced viewers new and old to such classics as the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix story arc?

If Hanna-Barbera (now that would be a coupe!!!) could take on the project, maybe Legion Animated would be a darn good idea.

JL/JLU has some stunning visuals, but still tend to draw Superman, Batman and others as throwbacks to the old WW2 cartoons....i hope the trend doesnt get incorporated into the Legion. I shudder to think that Jason Pearson or Jason Armstrong (who did great work on ships and machines and stuff but less well on actual human-type folks) would be called upon if any of the old Legion art-teams be recruited to supply input.

Bring back the quality of animation enjoyed in the early 80's-early 90's and i may have to revert to my second childhood LOL

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
Zap RANNIGAN was based on Flash Gordon-Buck Rogers.

Sorry to disagree, but I think you missed the boat on this one, Charles. Zap Brannigan is clearly based on Captain Kirk from Star Trek, and the actor who played him, William Shatner. [Smile]

[ June 22, 2005, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Mediocre Boy ]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.