Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion cartoon??? (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion cartoon???
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be just my luck. They make an LSH cartoon, and they go and make it anime. Ugh.

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Mearl makes some good points. Basically, anime = "cartoon" and manga = "comic book". It's like when you hear people say "I don't like comic book movies", or demeaning something by calling it "cartoony". We all know cartoon and comic books are capable of more than the general perception. The same is true for the japanese versions. We've been mostly exposed to either the low-rent end of things like Pokemon or narrow themed genre pieces. There's no inherent "style" to an anime or manga, just as there isn't an inherent type of story that can be told in a comic book (and we know how we feel when people think comics are all adolescent stories about superheroes and nothing more).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, I wonder why they are doing that is that because the Legion will celebrate their 50th year soon? This year is Krypto's 50th year (dog year = 350 years arf arf!) and we have Krypto's cartoon show. Hmmm...
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't mind the Manga look at all or them being little kids. I actually loved that pic of them battling the Fatal Five.

Now as I state every day atleast once I hate the Legion as puny teenagers. But for the cartoon I would love to see them as kids. Infact I remember talking about a Legion movie before and I hoped they would be 6 to 10 years old! (as well as Superboy)

The one thing I hope for is this doesn't affect the regular title in any way. As in the cartoon is a hit lets make them look even younger! Infact I hope this warrants a new title based on the cartoon where we can see a 9 year old Saturn Girl...and hopefully in the main title everybody gains a couple pounds, years, and inches. [Smile]

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Jorg, but i would hate to see them 6-10 years old. That would be worse to me than the archie legion. I know its personal tastes, lol, but still.

The legion came together as teenagers. Thats how they started, thats what i would like to see for the cartoon.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DOX-Line-5
STILL have a secret crush on Brainiac-5 Shhhh....I'm Superwoman ...back.from an IMPORTANT mission.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DOX-Line-5   Email DOX-Line-5         Edit/Delete Post     
A Legion Cartoon? I hope it will finally come to pass,but they had started rumors about it a few years ago, and it did not come to pass...
[Frown] [Mad]
I will not get my hopes up until confirmed!
[Roll Eyes]

From: New York-one tough city ! | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, I'm surprised people don't take a moment to think that the cartoon might be BETTER than the comic books (difficult in the current boot though). Justice League Animated is a hell of a lot better than any of the garbage we've gotten from it in years. It's a return to old style storytelling where demons and monsters are slain while the heroes are heroes.

Evangelion is wonderful but it's NOT a comic book. It's morbid and depressing (which admittedly IS most of DCU's comics lately).

Whatever the story, the storyline of the Legion is probably going to be bright and optimistic. It'll probably be a tad more serious than the Teen Titans show though but probably had a lot of Futurama noises because...let's face it, a lot of Futurama is based on ideas that the Legion built on save played seriously.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought Futurama was more based on "Buck Rogers" if anything (granted, I've only seem some of that show).
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Futurama was based on all sci fi speculation (Zap RANNIGAN was based on Flash Gordon-Buck Rogers) but largely it was based on quite a bit of Asimov and "optimistic-bright" sci fi speculation.

I call it, the 'Pre-Phillip K. Dick' years.

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Hmmm?]

Check out what "SaturnKnight" is saying about the cartoon over at Newsarama!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps

Who is Saturn Knight again?

--------------------

Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
*sputtering* H-h-h-happen, you stupid cartoon!

HAPPEN I tell you! I COMMAND IT! Argh! Happen! Happen!

Please! Happen!

I want it to happen to the point that it makes me incoherent just to think about it!

Happen! Happen! Happen! Happen!!

Man! The word "happen" looks like gibberish to me now.

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
Who is Saturn Knight again?

I don't know. Maybe we should ask him to join up here?
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

There's nothing worse than a visitor who won't share even unsubstantiated rumors ;-)

quote:
I can safely say this...

I wouldn't worry about The Legion's future. At all.

It's more than secure

I agree with other users there, it's incredibly frustrating for someone to claim inside information and be smug about it while they can't resist dropping little hints.
gggrrrr...attention hog.

edit: clicked on his profile and followed his homepage link.
http://gayleague.com/members/index.php
There appears to be a BUNCH of gay Legion fans there! Looks like a very interesting site too.

[ June 20, 2005, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps

When there's trouble you know who to call...THE LEGION
From their Rocket they can see it all, THE LEGION
When there's evil on the attack, you can rest knowing they got your back.
Cause when the galaxy needs heroes on patrol
The Legion of Superheroes GO!

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.