Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion cartoon??? (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Legion cartoon???
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
We're really not the ones who should be excited.

I'd rather see a whole generation of kiddies become Legion fans through this cartoon. Lord knows they don't have the 100 Page Spectaculars to do it anymore. Besides, a 'toon aimed at kids will be MUCH more likely to use Matter-Eater Lad and Bouncing Boy.

As for which version will be used? I'm leaning heavily toward the MUCH more culturally diverse "SW6 Legionnaires" version.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well well....before the Teen Titans cartoon were released, a lot of us were wincing and saying ewwwwwww......and look at them now...they are very popular. See Terra and Bumblebee - they ROCK!!!! Speedy and Aqualad were protrayed much better than in comics! so did Vixen, Zatanna, Black Canary in JLU. so have faith in them as they are working on making the Legion the best of them all....maybe we will have a better Princess Projectra or Dream Girl kicking a major ass?!?!? who will see how useful Bouncing Boy will be? Who wants to see Triplicate Girl foiling up nemesis? so HAVE FAITH!!!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
We're really not the ones who should be excited.

Shouldn't we be? Otherwise, why use an existing concept. The WB can develop something new and different.

I say, if you want to use an existing concept, use it and don't do every thing you can to "re-invent" it.

There's a reason why stuff like the Catwoman movie, Birds of Prey TV series, etc. tank or don't do as well as they should. Cause the unnecessary changes suck!

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Jillikers, Gary! You're assuming there will even BE changes!

Repeat after me: The cup is half FULL. The cup is half FULL.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
MLLASH: have faith! You may want to see your Matter-Eater Lad kicking a big major butt in cartoon!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
"Developed" could mean just about anything at this point, really. I'm glad they're looking at LSH again, but I'm not going to get excited about things yet.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Can you imagine what Grey's reaction will be if Gary and I are both so pessimistic? [Wink]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
MLLASH: have faith! You may want to see your Matter-Eater Lad kicking a big major butt in cartoon!

I'm WAY optimistic about it! "It" being both a LSH cartoon in general and the odds of Matter-Eater Lad being included.

A veritable ARMY of potential kiddie Tenzil fans!! YES!!

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
It's not beyond reason. The JLU folks opted to bring in a ton of characters. Many of them are just background, but even they are getting action figures and such.

Wouldn't be surprised if the LSH developers consider doing the same thing.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, if the Batman:TAS/Superman:TAS/JL/JLU team do it, there's always:

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brainiac-5
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brainiac-5   Email Brainiac-5         Edit/Delete Post     
Personally, the Teen Titans cartoons have made me whince from the very first time I've seen them on up to today...but, my daughers (7 & 11) love them. My oldest daughter has "discovered" my old Teen Titans comics (Wolfman & Perez) and snatches the newst Teen Titans (Johns) issue from me each month before I have a chance to read it. My point being, if they do make the Legion in the Teen Titans format, maybe it'll turn some kids onto the "real Legion" comics. Also, I suppose now the LOSH will have another title - an animated version.

The fan-boy in me is in hopes that the animated LOSH will be more in the tradition the animated Batman series in both artwork and more mature storylines.

I also wonder if the animated version will be based more on the current Waid-Kitson version. There may be a method to their madness. I'm sure plans for the animated LOSH didn't just pop up.

From: Topeka, KS | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

YES! See, we need more 7 & 11 year old daughters snatching dad's LSH comics! That would rule!

--------------------

Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder how much 7 & 11 year old daugthers would have liked a Teen Titans cartoon that was less Anime and more Perez art come to life? Less ditzy Starfire and more Strong-willed Warrior Starfire. Raven with more actual mystique and less Goth chic.

I could go on, but I'll stop now and take my medication. [Smile]

[ May 09, 2005, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
Well, if the Batman:TAS/Superman:TAS/JL/JLU team do it, there's always:

Click for fullsize image
Click for fullsize image

you know I have never that episode. the art looks pretty good.
From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
[MLLASH]
{ OmiGAWD ... can you picture it ... the eventual release of LSH Season 1 on DVD ... *salivates* }

I'd use a napkin {g} ... for example, "Daria" fans have waited for four years for a, er, legitimate DVD release. (Um, uh, some of us decided to not wait any longer, if you get my drift, and I think you do ...)

It's good news, in whatever version. I would rather have a "TTG!"-anime-ish cutesy kids' version than none at all, but if it's that kind of arch creation, I doubt I'd even bother to tape it when I watch it.

Still, whatever version it is has to get the 7- and 11-year-old daughters. Boys and girls both. If comics don't get any new "feeds," the printed books will die out in this decade.

Bruce-Timm-style, as we saw on "New Kids In Town" and see on "Justice League"/"-Unlimited"? That would grab and hold kids and adults both. And given who has the merchandising bucks -- at least, without wheedling it out of their parents -- I hope they'll be astute enough to follow the money.

Well, Warner Home Video is certainly faster on the draw than Paramount Home Video (for "Daria"), so perhaps any DVD will indeed be quickly released.

"TTG"-style work may be easier to take in one or two big gulps, come to think of it, as was true after the fact with the Legion's TMK era.

[ May 10, 2005, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Greybird ]

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.