Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Malvolio:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Tim Drake:
Was that really Ron-Karr? I thought it was Chameleon Chief.

Me, too. From what I recall, Ron Karr can only flatten himself, not change into all different shapes.
That's true of the comic book Ron-Karr but the toon version was depicted as a shape-shifter last season in the "Light Speed Vanguard" episode (I forget the actual title).
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this one better than the previous episode, but I still don't like the changes well enough. I think it would have been perfect sans the rebooting of everyone's costume and if it has been a few years why is Chameleon Boy the only new member. Wouldn't it have been easy to sneak Ultra Boy among them as well?

Anyway, I did find it interesting that the Light Speed Vanguard is now known as the Legion of Super-Villains, and that this is the cartoon debut of the Dominators.

Here's the clip to next week's Cry Wolf Promo. This week's clips will be up soon.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
Batman moment?
Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Batman moment
Superboyman compared Superboyman2 to a certain 20th century friend who also needed to unclench a little, and learn to work with a team.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
This week's clips will be up soon.

Available now.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Batman moment
Superboyman compared Superboyman2 to a certain 20th century friend who also needed to unclench a little, and learn to work with a team.
Oh, I didn't even think of Batman. I thought he was talking about Timber Wolf. I didn't think this Superman was supposed to have aged any more than the Legionnaires.

I saw Element Lad in the background looking different than he will in the comic. Potential oops there.

It was an awesome episode, though. It was great to see so many Legionnaires in action, even if a lot of it was in the background.

I only had one actual story gripe. Brainy needed to borrow someone's time bubble tech to go get Superman. Phantom Girl just happened to have one hiding in a secret pocket in her cape. If she just happened to have a time travel device in her pocket, why didn't any of the others? Is it because none of the Legionnaires who went to the 41st century had capes with secret pockets?

Other than that, I thought the episode rocked, even though I thought Saturn Girl should have whupped Esper good.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, Esper Bimbo did cheat. I thought it was an awesome episode to. My only gripe is that even though the prison raid team had Sunboy, Block and Tyroc they still got beat down. It seems that the writers have it so the Legion can't hold there own without Superman there. Where was Ultra Boy?!?! But other thtn that Great Epsiode!

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
One more gripe. Sorry to double post, but judging by next weeks promo , It seems that Timber Wolf will be a match for Superman X. Probably Classic Supes to. That should not be. [Frown]

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Razorsaw
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razorsaw           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dairaioh:
Well, Esper Bimbo did cheat. I thought it was an awesome episode to. My only gripe is that even though the prison raid team had Sunboy, Block and Tyroc they still got beat down. It seems that the writers have it so the Legion can't hold there own without Superman there. Where was Ultra Boy?!?! But other thtn that Great Epsiode!

Ultra Boy never joined the Legion, he just came to help out.
Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved this episode!

Aside form the excellent story-telling (I loved the group-excitement at the idea of bringing back "classic" supes, as well as the Duo Damsel scenes, which many had lamented form ep. 1 was not made into a big enough deal, I think that was well-recitifed this ep. and nice to see they have left open that she can still get "white" back), I was quite-heartened to see them already featuring the other "peripheral" Legionnaires...in fact, I think they showed EVERY heretofore known LEgionaire in the episode! (Ultra Boy does not count, he never joined officially, and as I pointed out in the ep 1 thread, just putting him in and implying he joined in the interim would
waste a potentially great "joining up" story..)

Whoever drew the backgrounds should be commended, though they did seem after a spell to confuse Tyroc and Star Boy ...initially, in a brief instant, they are shown flying in together..later, only Tyroc can be seen in the cells, but when they all emerge to fight, Star Boy is show from behind (identifiable via cape) in roughly the same position that Tyroc had occupied, but no Tyroc. Yes, I had to freeze-frame to catch all that!

Of course, I could be missing someone...did anyone catch a Legionnaire shown previously but not here? (again, restricting that to MEMBERs...who aren't dead (sniff)...)

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
Oh, I didn't even think of Batman. I thought he was talking about Timber Wolf.

..and I didn't think of T-wolf. I wonder who he meant?

What was the deal about their "secrets"? Might we get a condensed version of "Secrets of the Legion" this season? That might be cool. A sort of "Meet the Legion" series.

The Empress called T-Wolf, "Furball." [LOL]
I like it that the classic Legionnaire couples are developing as we go along. Chuck being Luornu's "other third" never occurred to me before...awwww...very sweet.
Don't mess with Garth! he's NOT in the mood.

I've been excited about the 'toon since it started and so far S2 doesn't disappoint. Lots and lots of acknowledgments to Legion history while doing things their own way. This is plenty fun and a great ride. Believe me, I could handle 5 or 6 seasons of this. I don't even mind the 'soft boot'. (at least it's no 5 Year Gap)

Hunter finally gets some kind of super power eh? Or is that a function of that thing he's carrying? I have to rerun this and watch it, what is that, an axe like the Persuader's but with a different ability?

I'm Lovin' me some Legion!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malvolio
Devil's Advocate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Malvolio   Email Malvolio         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Suddenly Seymour:
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Batman moment
Oh, I didn't even think of Batman. I thought he was talking about Timber Wolf. I didn't think this Superman was supposed to have aged any more than the Legionnaires.

I saw Element Lad in the background looking different than he will in the comic. Potential oops there.

It was an awesome episode, though. It was great to see so many Legionnaires in action, even if a lot of it was in the background.

I only had one actual story gripe. Brainy needed to borrow someone's time bubble tech to go get Superman. Phantom Girl just happened to have one hiding in a secret pocket in her cape. If she just happened to have a time travel device in her pocket, why didn't any of the others? Is it because none of the Legionnaires who went to the 41st century had capes with secret pockets?

Other than that, I thought the episode rocked, even though I thought Saturn Girl should have whupped Esper good.

I think the secret pocket in PG's cape might have actually been in another dimension. Remember, she does have to ability to access alternate dimensions.

--------------------
Watching television is not an activity.

From: Freeville, NY | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dairaioh
Applicant

quote:
Ultra Boy never joined the Legion, he just came to help out.
Hope Ultraboy joins up soon. I also hope that eventually he and Supes throw down. I remember in the comic Ultra boy, Mon-el, and Superboyman had a tussel...

Which left all three hospitalized.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My reaction to this episode is pretty much the same as Phantom Girl's reaction upon seeing the original Superman: "Wow!" "Wow!" "Wow!"

(To which anyone may say, "Would you please stop saying that?")

Over on the main Legion forum, I've been engaged in an interesting discussion about whether or not the threeboot Legion is in fact "the" Legion or just "a" Legion (or not even a Legion, at all). To me, a Legion cannot just look like the Legion. It has to have some of the essential qualities that the preboot series developed over time. The threeboot Legion does not possess these qualities, so far as I can tell. To my sheer delight, however, the animated series does.

The animated series embodies all the qualities that I recognize as the Legion: the camaraderie, heroes facing seemingly overwhelming odds, the nice nods to past Legion stories, the relationships, the personalities, the settings, etc. That the animated series captures the Legion's essence in half-hour increments -- whereas the comic book series hasn't been able to capture it at all after 30 issues -- shows that there is still life left in the original, "unimproved" franchise.

I also admire the boldness of the animated series in charting its own course with two Supermen and Imperiex. This story hasn't been done before (or at least not in this way), and I'm excited to see how it turns out.

In fact, my only concern is that they may be overdoing it with the nods to past Legion stories. Next week's episode looks eerily similar to "Timber Wolf, Dead Hero, Live Executioner," from Superboy # 197. But, so long as Brin doesn't try to kill the president, I won't mind too much.

[ September 30, 2007, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: He Who Wanders ]

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Really loved this episode. I like how the Legion reacted to Superman's return, that was beautiful. was surprised that they couldn't take down the Legion of Super Villains, but it worked. Liked Supe's line "well then I can't show you the secret handshake" that was just funny.

Bouncy being Duo's "third" was sweet. Phantom Girl stopping LL from crossing the line was nice too, kind of puts her in a more mature role than season 1.

Hope Saturn Girl, CB1 and CB2 aren't out for the season, and I hope we see more of the background Legionnaires, but it seems the "Gap" in time from Season 1 to Season 2 isn't going to hurt this Legion.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.