Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Uranus Lad:
I really liked the episode. More Legionaries! costume improvements! Etc! The only thing that confused me is that what is obviously the 1st of a 2-parter played last week but the previews for next week seemed to be for an unrelated episode. Didn't catch it the week before so I don't know if that was a new episode or not. I feel like I am missing something.

Last week was the conclusion to the season premier two-parter. So if you only caught this one you missed part one. This week is week three with Cry Wolf.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Longevity Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Longevity Lad   Email Longevity Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Has anyone seen a listing of S2 epidodes complete with titles and plot descriptions? I've not seen such a list and am curious if future episodes will feature the induction of Karate Kid as he is shown in the opening sequence as being a member.
Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
Mekt wasn't captured with the other LSV in season 1. He escaped saying he had "big plans". How much you want to bet he shows up again as Imperiex's lieutenant?

I toldja! [Big Grin] :
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Longevity Lad:
Has anyone seen a listing of S2 epidodes complete with titles and plot descriptions? I've not seen such a list and am curious if future episodes will feature the induction of Karate Kid as he is shown in the opening sequence as being a member.

Not this year. The WB has said they are only releasing air dates a month at a time and only releasing the synopsis for each episode the week prior to airing.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
any one know a place that i can wacth this and the new one online i had to do something for my parents this morring and i missed it

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lm8
In Stasis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lm8   Author's Homepage   Email lm8         Edit/Delete Post     
I know most of these were already covered, but I just had to post some stuff that bugged me about this episode. All-in-all it was a good episode though.

First, kind of strange hearing the LightSpeed Vanguard switched to the Legion of Super Villians. We didn't even get to hear how. This would be good potential for a flashback story or especially for the comic book.

Second, the way Brainy acted like time travel technology was standard issue and Phantom Girl would just happen to have it on her was disconcerting, since none of them were carrying any such technology. I liked what one poster wrote about the possibility of her accessing another dimension for safe-keeping to pull the technology from. Would have been better if they had not treated the technology as standard issue.

Third, Clark must have really extraordinary hearing. He heard the crack about being skinny even before they materialized, so he heard it from the past. Would have been better if the time bubble would have been visible first.

Finally, I really wanted to know who Superman was talking about when we was giving that talk to Superman X. I felt like they specifically didn't name any names. I wish they'd go back and elaborate on this in a future episode. I didn't think it was Timberwolf. I did think of the Superman meeting Batman thing, but not the version from the Superman and Justice League cartoons as someone else mentioned, though this could be likely. I thought of the Batman episode that aired just after Legion. In that episode, it was Superman who was reluctant to join the Justice League and Batman who was trying to convince him. I wonder if Legion writers have any contact with Batman script writers and knew the episode following theirs or if it was just a coincidence. Anyway, felt it was very vague. You could have filled in the blank with almost anyone. I would have preferred if Superman had named names.

I kind of overlooked the poor fighting on Tekron-Galtos and needing Superman X to turn the tables. They didn't want to Duo Damsel to get hurt and once she was safe and they were freed by Superman X, they could give it their all again. As someone else suggested, one of them should have tried to free their team members first, but again, if Duo Damsel were in immediate danger, they might have all surrendered like the rescue party did.

Other than that, enjoyed the episode. Characterization was great as was pointed out by others and lots of action in this one.

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I saw the rerun today, as I missed the original airdate!

CHOKESVILLE, TN!!!! How sad was that Lu moment of looking at a reflection of herself to make a "triad"? That has to go down with crawling through the Smallville tunnels and crying herself to sleep as one of the most touching moments ever.

And Tenzil's a whackjob... Nura's in a coma... hope they're up and about before the finale!

It may be time to call in the Subs!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Novelty
Stalked by Exnihil

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Novelty   Author's Homepage   Email Novelty         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Nura's in a coma... hope they're up and about before the finale!

She is? I thought Imra was in the coma?

--------------------
Exnihil: Novelty, if he had a power, the obvious one to me would of course be "The Power of Grayskull"

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by kidflash2fan:
any one know a place that i can wacth this and the new one online i had to do something for my parents this morring and i missed it

Today's was a rerun of The man from the Edge of Tomorrow pt.2
I have a friend from work that's downloading the episodes from somewhere, I don't know exactly where he's getting them though. They might be on youtube but this guy uses a program called binsearch.org to hunt for stuff.
Hope that helps.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Novelty:
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Nura's in a coma... hope they're up and about before the finale!

She is? I thought Imra was in the coma?
It is indeed Imra... I was all flustered and flushed with excitement!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.