Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Man From the Edge of Tomorrow, Part 2 ... Spoilers and Images
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:
Batman moment
Superboyman compared Superboyman2 to a certain 20th century friend who also needed to unclench a little, and learn to work with a team.
And here I thought he was talking about Brin....
Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
saturn girl is going to stay in a coma for most of the season. it's a way not to spoil the biggest surprise of the end of the season: eventually she'll wake up and read supermanX's mind and he'll turn out to be evil and sent by the time trapper!

you heard it here first!

--------------------
everything i like rules. everything you like is terrible.

From: USA #1 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
It was nice to see Spider Girl, but ,of course, what I really loved was Ron-Karr morphing into a rhino in the battle scenes!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by stephbarton:
Phantom Girl stopping LL from crossing the line was nice too, kind of puts her in a more mature role than season 1.

Yes, it was a nice and true-to-character moment for Tinya (who's more adorable than ever), and it's good to see the bonds forged between veteran Legionnaires, but I'm not so sure blocking LL's line of fire *this time* will stop him from crossing the line in the future. This is the same guy who once went all Captain Ahab obsessive and chased a space-whale across the galaxy out of revenge, plus his "promise" to Saturn Girl (not made lightly) wasn't necessarily confined to laying a smackdown on Esper: "I promise the people [plural] who did this to you will pay.". Only time will tell if Tinya has more reason to worry than she thinks, but it's curious LL didn't acknowledge her friendly act of intervention, much less thank her for it or show even a morsel of regret for losing his cool, which is the standard way "saving a friend from himself" scenes are typically resolved.

quote:
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad:
saturn girl is going to stay in a coma for most of the season. it's a way not to spoil the biggest surprise of the end of the season: eventually she'll wake up and read supermanX's mind and he'll turn out to be evil and sent by the time trapper!

I too have the feeling Saturn Girl will linger in her >*cough*< death-like coma for months or maybe worse -- the closeup of the life-support readings on the monitor was ominous foreshadowing at its most conventional -- but not necessarily for the reason you cite [Smile]

With all the multitudinous nods to the stories of the past, I wondered when they'd get around to *It*. Switch LL and SG around, subtract 45 years and la voila -- instant gender-reversed classic Silver Age trope, the "death and resurrection of Saturn Girl". It could be dropped next week and be nothing more than a subtle and ephemeral homage, or it may play out over the entire season. It all depends on how dark and angsty they want to go.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Imra's too much of a panel hog to stay in a coma for too long!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tromium:
With all the multitudinous nods to the stories of the past, I wondered when they'd get around to *It*. Switch LL and SG around, subtract 45 years and la voila -- instant gender-reversed classic Silver Age trope, the "death and resurrection of Saturn Girl".

So long as Proty isn't involved, that could work.

As an old-school Legion fan, I'm loving seeing hints of Garth and Imra, and 'Bounce' offering to be the 'third leg' of Trips 'tripod.' (Heh, did they really mean for that to sound so dirty?) Now I want to see Jo Nah sign up and start hanging out with Tinya.

Interesting that Mekt was also not in evidence. We find out why Validus was missing from the initial line-up of Fatal Fivers, but Mekt's absence from the LSV (who were specifically called the Legion of Super-Villains this time around, and not 'Lightspeed Vanguard') line-up remains unresolved (and, unlike Validus' absence, unmentioned). Is Mekt, like Validus, being saved for later, or was there some other reason for the character not to appear, given the already dense number of characters and sub-plots? (Lightning Lad already has a bunch of stuff on his mind. Adding in the sibling rivalry thing might just be confusing at this point, and the writers might not have wanted to waste an appearance here, particularly if he's being saved for Chained Lightning, in two weeks, although I'm also optimistic that we might see Ayla this season...)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Interesting that Mekt was also not in evidence. We find out why Validus was missing from the initial line-up of Fatal Fivers, but Mekt's absence from the LSV (who were specifically called the Legion of Super-Villains this time around, and not 'Lightspeed Vanguard') line-up remains unresolved (and, unlike Validus' absence, unmentioned). Is Mekt, like Validus, being saved for later, or was there some other reason for the character not to appear, given the already dense number of characters and sub-plots?

Mekt wasn't captured with the other LSV in season 1. He escaped saying he had "big plans". How much you want to bet he shows up again as Imperiex's lieutenant?
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
RE: Saturn Girl...

She'll probably stay in a coma until it's time for her to go "Dark Imra" [Big Grin]

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
If the creators of the animated series really want to pay homage to past Legion stories, perhaps Imra will wake up in a cafe where she works as a waitress with Universo as her boss. [AHHHH!!!!]

I trust the creators to have more originality than that, however. So far, they've been paying homage to past stories without rewriting them. Triplicate Girl's fate, for example, only contains a brief visual nod to the original story (i.e, she's grabbed by a robotic tentacle), but is otherwise wholly original.

Whatever happens with Imra and the rest, I'm sure it will be true to the spirit of the characters while offering something new.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
WOW! This was indeed one of the best episodes IMO! All that action! FF & LSV team up?! That hasn't even happened in the comics!(right?)

We got all the members as well! The animation looks better as well especially...BOUNCING BOY!!! The way he is drawn/animated looks better than the previous season.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
I thoroughly enjoyed this ep. This show really seems to get better and better and better. I wonder if non-LSH fans are catching on to this thing. I'm willing to follow this Superman of the 41st century business but I do hope he is not a season long or heaven forbid a permanent addition to the show. I am also really enjoying how Brainy is Smithers to Superman's Mr. Burns.

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colossal Boy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Colossal Boy   Email Colossal Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe Superman X is with us for the entire season. How many episodes are there this season? 13?

Also hoping Matter-Eater Lad hasn't been written out for the season via the insanity thing like he was in the late 70's.

Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, all the reservations I had about this season after the first episode were totally gone after this episode. It was pretty awesome!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
The only thing that made me sad was Cosmic Boy is out for the count, atm! [Frown] I love Rokk! [sigh] Hopefully he'll get better before the season's done for.

RE: Imra--
I immediately thought of the Reboot... mostly because I haven't really read anything pre-boot. My big fear? Her waking up in love with Rokk! Ga-ross! But that does explain her away for the season, since she wasn't part of the "starring" lineup this time around.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uranus Lad
substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uranus Lad   Email Uranus Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked the episode. More Legionaries! costume improvements! Etc! The only thing that confused me is that what is obviously the 1st of a 2-parter played last week but the previews for next week seemed to be for an unrelated episode. Didn't catch it the week before so I don't know if that was a new episode or not. I feel like I am missing something.

--------------------
Is that a moon?

From: Portland, OR | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.