Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion gone, but L.E.G.I.O.N. is back (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Legion gone, but L.E.G.I.O.N. is back
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously That Ugly?

Suddenly Thinking Underwater?

Spandex Tailored Underwear?

Student Taking Uppers?

Stunning,Tired and Useless?

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't there in one of Keith's LSH v4 issues, in which they find something underground, a logo of the L.E.G.I.O.N. painted on a wall?
From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
veryvery
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veryvery   Author's Homepage   Email veryvery         Edit/Delete Post     
in the showcase issues, querl and vril actually met and beat brainiac 1 with sticks. i'm not kidding.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS! i hope he gets a cool artist!!!

--------------------
http://www.adrianaferguson.com
http://joteivv.deviantart.com
http://superfuturefriends.blogspot.com

From: Seattle | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
Ugg what disappointing news....I tried reading LEGION and I absolutely hated it. It felt like it was filled with "imposters".

Unless Dream Girl or Saturn Girl appears in it, I will pass on it.

From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Askanipsion
Telepath

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Askanipsion   Author's Homepage   Email Askanipsion         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
The bionic eyes stayed with the original body, FTR.
Until she ripped them out herself....too bad...I like the old British Betsy body better than the "dental floss wearing sometimes-I-am-Asian ninja Betsy"
From: South Florida | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Askanipsion:
Ugg what disappointing news....I tried reading LEGION and I absolutely hated it. It felt like it was filled with "imposters".

Unless Dream Girl or Saturn Girl appears in it, I will pass on it.

I agree, I'll pass even if Dream Girl or Saturn Girl appears in it.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Call me optimistic, but I don't see DC replacing an ongoing Legion title with L.E.G.I.O.N. If anything we'd get both.

So:

(1) I'm hella excited for a Bedard LEGION series, hope its the *right* characters and loved Bedard's Negation.

(2) I have high hopes that we'll get a solid Legion comic after Lo3W. Considering I disliked the threeboot the most of all versions of the Legion, this is good news for me. You won't see me gloating to posters who liked the threeboot though, since I remember all too well the feeling.

Of course, if there is no Legion comic at all, I don't live very far from NYC and I may go Superboy Prime on the offices.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
BBB - Bring Back the Beks! I don't particularly want to see baby Dox with a key role. He could be the snotty kid in the background.

Hope does spring eternal, doesn't it? I enjoyed L.E.G.I.O.N. for most of its run. I wonder if they'll pick up where R.E.B.E.L.S. left off, or if it will be sort of a reboot.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patch Lad
Missing in Action

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patch Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Patch Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Blech. I find the prospect of a L.E.G.I.O.N. title being published while there's no ongoing LSH title set in it's *proper* era not only a bad idea, but insulting.

I totally agree with you on that one

--------------------
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke

From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patch Lad
Missing in Action

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Patch Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Patch Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
As long as they are not R.E.B.E.L.S. or any crap like that, I'm cool. But I have never read any decent Bedard story so far to see if I'll like it. I'd have called Gerard Jones myself. Or Shooter.

I loved Bedard's work on Negation (Crossgen). I was really surprised when his Legion issues were so bad.

--------------------
"Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe."

-Edmund Burke

From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Patch Lad
Missing in Action

quote:
Originally posted by What Was Wrong With the Reboot? Lad:
it sounds like DC might be trying to balance out Marvel's revamped Guardians of the Galaxy (our old friends DnA at the helm...)

I was just thinking that...

--------------------

-Edmund Burke

Patch Lad
Missing in Action

quote:
Originally posted by Ricardo:
Wasn't there in one of Keith's LSH v4 issues, in which they find something underground, a logo of the L.E.G.I.O.N. painted on a wall?

They used a L.E.G.I.O.N. cruiser in Waid's run I remember

--------------------

-Edmund Burke

Patch Lad
Missing in Action

quote:

Of course, if there is no Legion comic at all, I don't live very far from NYC and I may go Superboy Prime on the offices. [/QB]

Speaking of that, this whole thing makes me madder the more I think about it.

I have seriously considered starting some kind of campaign to bring the original LSH back (the one that Johns is using now) or at the very least, get the Legion back for sure. Something like they did with Jericho and Firefly.

What do you guys think?

--------------------

-Edmund Burke

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I never read LEGION. I got the REBELS crossover issues, and just didn't feel like adding another series to my list at the time. I never got the Valor series either. I'm not AR, I guess.

I'll have to wait and see what you all think of LEGION, when it happens.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phantom Girl
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phantom Girl   Email Phantom Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't read or collected much of the L.E.G.I.O.N. comic. Can someone take the time to tell me why they wrote it like an acronym? What does it stand for? Why do all the characters look different? No costumes? Honestly, if they didn't have L.E.G.I.O.N. on the cover, I wouldn't have known it was a Legion comic. Is this the 5 year gap I have heard about? What exactly was the 5 year gap? What is all this talk about REBELS about? Essentially explain to me what the comic was all about. Please. Also are we totally sure that they are doing this or is it still speculation?

--------------------
I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.

From: Bgztl | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.