Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
That's what I figured.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I echo the thoughts that the 5th LSV dude is Echo.

And I'm finding the Super/Bat book to be a lot of fun!

I'm not sure we needed another Kara/Supergirl, even if well executed. Post-boot has seen a truckload of Kara wannabes. Kind of late to now hand us the "genuine" article.

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
It wasn't intended to be the genuine article.

It was intended to be a creation of Darkseid that he ills at the end.

Then...well....fans seemed to WANT Supergirl back/

I mean, DCU had no idea! :-)

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shadow Kid
Talokian Super-Hunk

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shadow Kid   Email Shadow Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Where did you hear that?

If they'd followed through with that storyline it would have completely mirrored that of last year's "supergirl" Cir-El (but without the Darkseid bit).

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Kid:
Where did you hear that?

He didn't.

Go look at DiDido's Jan 2004 interview @ Newsarama, where he spells out in no uncertain terms that there would be a Supergirl who was Superman's cousin by the end of the year.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't doubt that, but the story seems clearly plotted otherwise.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
i was thinking the masked guy is this universe's
URTHLO

you know, Luthor in some super-enhanced (maybe even android?) body

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe this will help those of you still unsure as to who the new pair are -

From ADVENTURE COMICS #355 (April, 1967) -

-

-

-

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
[Echo] [Beauty Blaze]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Cool beans! Thanks for sharing - I had no idea who "Echo" was.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merlion Man
Long Live the Legion!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Merlion Man   Author's Homepage   Email Merlion Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Beauty Blaze and Echo! Cool!
Can't wait to see them in action after all these years.
I was wondering, though, if after this failed attempt to change history, the LSV may find, ironically, that their future is now changed and they have to face the threeboot Legion?

From: Singapore | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Echo certainly benefits from the updated look. He didn't look very threatening in the original.

Does this mean we see Lex & Mr. Mxy in issue #18?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Does this mean we see Lex & Mr. Mxy in issue #18?

As heroes! Now that would be the perfect ending to this story!
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That's why the legion is always teen-aged youths. A series with them as adults would just have them getting really tired by the end of the issue.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
It just occurs to me looking at these panels that one of the really cool things about the Adult LSH and LSV is that the heroes and villains actually LOOKED like adults -- receding hair-lines, love handles, wrinkles.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.