Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!) (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!)
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
Well this is the only Superman or Batman comic I buy and I love it! And I'm loving this arc and this issue especially! I can't see why anyone wouldn't as well but they're welcome to their opinon.

I've got one thing to say - HOW COOL ARE THE LSV!?!?! I've never once thought of the original LSV as being an interesting or threatening villain team but this arc has TOTALLY changed my mind! Would LOVE it if this team, as presented here, would show up to menace the LSH in Waid's new series! That would ROCK!

Thanks for the images of the original Echo and Beauty Blaze, Nightcrawler. I'd never heard of them outside of the half-dozen or so Survivor games that they're names have popped up on but its great to see Loeb sticking so close to established LSV history! And their updates courtesy of Pacheco are FAB!

Can't wait for the conclusion!

[ February 08, 2005, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Blacula ]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we sure that's Echo (since he doesn't look like him) and not the Luthor robot? It seems like a Luthor robot would make more sense when going up against Superman.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
I'm only reading it to follow the jokes here.

Okay, you win. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
Are we sure that's Echo (since he doesn't look like him) and not the Luthor robot? It seems like a Luthor robot would make more sense when going up against Superman.

Or maybe it's one of the many Supergirl robots floating around?
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
You could be on the right track, PDG. Does anyone remember the Unknown Legionnaire? (I think that was the name.) This Legionnaire wore a mask and appeared to be male. It turned out to be Supergirl.
Of course, they should have had Satan Girl, but I guess we can't have everything.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
Well this is the only Superman or Batman comic I buy and I love it! And I'm loving this arc and this issue especially! I can't see why anyone wouldn't as well but they're welcome to their opinon.

I was right there with you until issue #3 of this current arc. Jeph Loeb has a tendency sometimes to over-write things. The chaotic direction that the book has taken almost seems to me like he's letting the story get away from him. The other thing that bothers me is that he has stated that since this is all in-continuity, this arc will have lasting reprecussions on both characters. Does this mean that Batman will remember killing his parents murderer? Will Superman & Batman remember ruling the world? Killing Diana & the others? I hope I mis-read the quote.

The series started out with a great "holy Sh-t!" moment by including Cosmic King, Saturn Queen & Lightning Lord, but lost it (IMO) the minute the non-stop reality hopping began. Here's another question (which may have been addressed before & just didn't want to read every post that came before), are these the current LSH continuity versions of the LSV?

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Current LSH hasn't seen the LSV yet, so we don't know. We only saw Mekt in the DnA run, I believe, and the Superman/Batman version wasn't him. I'd say this S/B LSV goes right back to the Adventure era.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lobo Gris
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lobo Gris   Email Lobo Gris         Edit/Delete Post     
Since that the pre an post boot timelines are in continuity this LSV is from the post crisis pre zero hour timeline. Or better, an alternate future timeline of that timeline. They´re, of course, the ones that join the Dinamoboy LSH.
From: Argentina | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Current LSH hasn't seen the LSV yet, so we don't know. We only saw Mekt in the DnA run, I believe, and the Superman/Batman version wasn't him. I'd say this S/B LSV goes right back to the Adventure era.

Except they look different. OK, just Cosmic King, but he and Saturn Queen have new costumes. Also, Cosmic King has an additional power he never had in any previous incarnation. It would be nice if these three could be linked into ThreeBoots Legion, but I guess we shouldn't count on it.

--------------------
Dan

LanternLad
Writer & artist for www.DC2universe.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LanternLad   Author's Homepage   Email LanternLad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it would be very cool if they belonged to the new Legion timeline. Interesting way to introduce the LSV into current continuity. In the end have them emerbge from their time-bubble into the current LSH time...

Better yet, have the current Legion timeline be a direct result from their time tampering ways. That would be interesting indeed. Granted this is probably not going to happen, but how would you feel if it did?

--------------------
Lantern Lad
In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night... Long Live the Legion
Check out my other writings at: www.DC2universe.com

From: OA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I would prefer that to some Time Trapper or Persuader's silly dimension-slicing axe explanation.

Didn't Waid say something about this Legion existing in isolation from the contemporary DCU? Or was that just until the Countdown-related changes kick in?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

I would also prefer it. All the elements are in place. Why not use them?

--------------------
Dan

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The new LSV dude does favor Urthlo, but I'm willing to lay money down that it is Beauty Blaze and a more-threatening looking Echo.

ps/ I'm AMAZED to hear how many fans haven't heard of Echo & Beauty Blaze. *tsk!* Research the classics, kids, you won't be disappoined!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the LSV is one of the few villains I'd absolutely LOVE to see come back into the new Legion's mythos. They fit perfectly with the whole kids vs. adults paradigm that they've started to build upon, IMO.

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
ps/ I'm AMAZED to hear how many fans haven't heard of Echo & Beauty Blaze. *tsk!* Research the classics, kids, you won't be disappoined!

Lash, realize that not everyone is willing and able to shell out money for 12 Legion Archives. Me, OTOH, bought the first 8 of them *twice* because I left them behind when me and my ex split up. I can't imagine doing this for any other Archive series.

--------------------
Dan

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Beauty Blaze and Echo came to my mind when I first saw that page. The Adult Legion saga is still one of my favorite Legion stories.

I started reading Superman/Batman during the Supergirl storyline, and I like both the stories and the art. Just like the Adult Legion, the Legion reboots, and S&B, if you ignore continuity and just think to yourself "Elseworlds" the stories are much more enjoyable.

PS - Echo also appeared for one panel in a TMK story in a flashback of Legionnaires just before they disbanded for the five-year-gap (it included Dream Girl and Blok as well if memory serves). The suggestion was Echo was actually a Legionnaire for a time! Can't remember the issue, but it may have been the one featuring Sun Boy??

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.