Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!) (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Superman/Batman 17# (Mega-Spoilers!)
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
nightcrawler, you rock!~
From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone wonder why Ras Al Ghul isn't involved in more wholesale genocide in this story? Why concentration camps if your goal is to reduce world population?

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
It just occurs to me looking at these panels that one of the really cool things about the Adult LSH and LSV is that the heroes and villains actually LOOKED like adults -- receding hair-lines, love handles, wrinkles.

That's what I love about this story - now that I'm older. You figure the legionnaires are in their 30s, since we see some of them with children, babies to about 10 years... they certainly didn't age well. The stress of superheroing, I guess... Was this the impression of young writer Jim Shooter? Artist Curt Swan would have been 47 himself at this point - maybe he was drawing himself.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I'm more interested in the two new additions to the trio...

One of them looks like Beauty Blaze, who some say was rebooted as Inferno.

The other one could be a descendent of Myx (I'm not even trying to spell that name) who, IIRC, wore an iron mask. He may have called himself Ulthor, which was actually "Luthor". (There's a word to describe when you rearrange the letters of a word and then try to figure out the real word, but I can't think of it right now.)

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Anyway - this story in S/B with the LSV might keep me onboard for a while if the rest are as much fun as this. At least it means I'll pay attention to it for a while where I was flat out ignoring it previously.

I know a lot of people aren't thrilled with S/B, and I admit to only having come on board with Supergirl. The stories might only be average, too, but I've found that they're fun. Loeb clearly loves some of the old elements of the DCU and really seems to want to show how much he loves them. I'd say his goals have less to do with fitting perfectly into continuity and more to do with making a fun read. As I see it, that's not all that different from the Silver Age.

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
'Boot, I actually liked that story, but your comments do make me laugh!

My co-workers wouldn't understand if I told them I'm laughing at "RAINBOW FRELLING KRYPTONITE?!!"

That's not half as funny as calling it "revisionary crap" since Rainbow Kryptonite did used to exist.

--------------------
Dan

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ferroboy:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
'Boot, I actually liked that story, but your comments do make me laugh!

My co-workers wouldn't understand if I told them I'm laughing at "RAINBOW FRELLING KRYPTONITE?!!"

That's not half as funny as calling it "revisionary crap" since Rainbow Kryptonite did used to exist.
Reversionary crap. Which requires it to have previously existed, since there must be a state to revert TO.

Read the post before you trash it for something it didn't say.

And I'm sick of DC reverting to stuff they'd moved beyond.

[ February 06, 2005, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Another one someone just reminded me of:

Luthor was OPENLY allied with Darkseid during "Our Worlds At War", and they use "exposing" this alliance as grounds to remove him from power?

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought you said "Revisionary crap" too. [Frown]

Cool, another new word. First hebitudenous and now reversionary. Fun and educational at the same time. Legion discussions really do space-rawk.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pizza Delivery Girl
Fighting world hunger for glory and tips!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pizza Delivery Girl   Author's Homepage   Email Pizza Delivery Girl         Edit/Delete Post     
Reversionary Crap vs. Revisionary Crap!

I think, for the comics fandom, this sums up almost every argument ever!

*vastly amused*

And, is it wrong to admit that I'm only reading S/B for the pretty?

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Delivery Girl:

Course not. I'm only reading it to follow the jokes here. (I do have a weakness for Mekt appearances, as well.)

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rusty Shackleford
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rusty Shackleford   Email Rusty Shackleford         Edit/Delete Post     
Ironically, I bought Legion Archive #6 (which contains Adventure #355) this week. I read Superman/Batman Friday night, and I'm in the middle of the adult Legion story right now. I buy one, maybe two, Legion archives a year, and I had never read the Adult Legion story previously. Just happened that I got it the same week this story comes out. [Smile]

--------------------
Welcome to Legion World!
All credits accepted!
No Super-Rejects allowed!

From: Palm Bay FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
*stares at the scan*

Oh holy crap, that's cool. I don't read Supe/Bats, but I jumped in for this arc because of Pacheco, and the LSV. And it's been a wholly entertaining story.

I'll still likely bail when it's done though.

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Delivery Girl:

Oh, heck no. S/B is the comic book equivalent of "empty calories". And I mean that in a good way.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
[QUOTE]Reversionary crap. Which requires it to have previously existed, since there must be a state to revert TO.

Read the post before you trash it for something it didn't say.

And I'm sick of DC reverting to stuff they'd moved beyond.

My mistake, Reboot. Of course, I still disagree because I find the older stuff to be far more fun and interesting than the "dark, edgy" stuff that's been around ever since.

--------------------
Dan

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.