Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Soooo now that we are gonna need a new Academy class... (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Soooo now that we are gonna need a new Academy class...
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
...does anyone think this might be a cool way to sneak in some favourite characters from Legions gone by that we might not get to see otherwise?

If we can't have 'em in the Legion itself, I would love to see a class at the Academy with Danielle Foccart, Dragonmage and maybe a young Laurel Gand among some other new faces...

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
It's an EXCELLENT idea, an obvious way to appease many many fans of many many characters. DnA did this with a couple of the LSH cadets at the tail-end of the reboot.

I'll eat EDE's hat is Levitz chooses to do this. I think it's a safe bet he WON'T do this. [Frown]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I actually think Danielle's not unlikely at all, but I'd be shocked if we got more.

I'd also be overjoyed, however!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
That would rock.

If Paul included some of the Academy / Tryouts folk from the last mass joining (Energy Boy, 'Tiger Girl,' the floating fish, Westerner, etc.) that could be cool. There's also some alien heroes that were introduced in the Universo Project, like Xera of Manna-5 or Silver Sword, could be cool.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree EDE, Danielle is our likliest candidate for this treatment.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Bringing Danielle in would be a nice way to spotlight Jacques more too, and Danielle could become an informal leader for the Academy Kids. Win-win.

I'd love to see alternate versions of Kinetix and Kid Quantum II make it in too (as well as see Gates/XS reactions, IF they ever show up again in the main book!). Jazmin and Danielle could have an interesting friendship - both have elder bros who are/were Legionnaires (assuming we use the Postboot origin for Kid Quantum I). Even if not, both are strong-willed leader-types.

Xera and the Silver Sword were cool minor characters too. Others like Kent Shakespeare would be welcome as well.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
i'd love to also see Kinetix or Kid Quantum. i think they would be great additions!

i'd also love to see some more new original characters as well. Maybe get some cadets from worlds that we really haven't explored much if at all...

but i would want them to stay cadets for a while and not be bumped to the big team as early as the resent ones were. I really don't like that dragonwing chick or any of them really... can we bump them back down?

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
The new blood :
Kono
Reflex (Devlin O' Bryan)or The Real Reflecto
Neon (Celeste Rockfish)
Impulse (Kent Shakespeare)
Danielle Foccart
Veilmist
Wave (maybe the daugther or sister of the actual Spider Girl, but with red hair)
Andromeda (Laurel Gand)
Kinetix
Gear
Quantum Queen (The platinum blonde)
Fire Lad (After Dragonwing died in a very near future mision)

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
I vote for Danielle as well.

And how about a Sklarian? We had one in the most recent version of the LSV, now how about a hero?

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

quote:
Originally posted by EmeraldEmpress:
The new blood :
Kono
Reflex (Devlin O' Bryan)or The Real Reflecto
Neon (Celeste Rockfish)
Impulse (Kent Shakespeare)
Danielle Foccart
Veilmist
Wave (maybe the daugther or sister of the actual Spider Girl, but with red hair)
Andromeda (Laurel Gand)
Kinetix
Gear
Quantum Queen (The platinum blonde)
Fire Lad (After Dragonwing died in a very near future mision)

i love these suggestions!!!

also razsolo, when are we going to get more of your postlo3w stories??

i was really enjoying them!

--------------------

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Omni! [Smile]

I stopped writing them because I didn't think anyone was really reading them....it's kind of hard to gauge interest with that stuff online and it was starting to feel a bit self-indulgent....maybe I will start up again though! [Smile]

Also Empress, I like most of your ideas too! Personally I would rather have Quantum Queen and Fire Lad just join the Legion itself straight up than have to go through the Academy, and I think the name Wave only really works with blue hair because it evokes a wave of water....the rest of them I am 110% in agreement with though!

Babbage would be a cool addition too, it's a shame DnA never really got to do anything with him after they introduced him. It would mean having to introduce Robotica as well, but I would be more than happy with that.

Oh, and I like Dragonwing for her interesting visual, her snarkiness and her power which is uncommonly useful in direct combat for a Legion lady...."after Dragonwing died in a very near future mission" made me laugh though....reminds me of Poochie from the Simpsons [Wink]

[ January 29, 2012, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: razsolo ]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
Do you notice how many of the "discontinued" Legionnaires are female?

And Thunder, Catspaw, Monstress, Inferno (Sandy Anderson) and Insect Queen of Xanthu were not even mentioned.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Your very Welcome! you had some really good ideas going!!

quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tanner Issue #One:

And Thunder, Catspaw, Monstress, Inferno (Sandy Anderson) and Insect Queen of Xanthu were not even mentioned.

you make a really valid point.. they really are...

--------------------

EmeraldEmpress
Beautiful & Merciless

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmpress   Email EmeraldEmpress         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, I forget Insect Queen of Xanthu,very nice charater.
Always like the Lana Lang honorary member, but the girl of Xanthu is almost the same...
But Monstress, Inferno, Thunder and Catspaw can be in the limbo forever or make a one shot debut and heroic dead. 4 new statues in the hall of heroes....

--------------------
From Spain with glamour.

From: Valencia- Spain | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tanner Issue #One:

Well, the obvious reason is because these characters were added later to correct the gender imbalance in the "classic" line-up. Restoring the classic line-up thus eliminates female characters disproportionately.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.