Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Soooo now that we are gonna need a new Academy class... (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Soooo now that we are gonna need a new Academy class...
Klar Ken T5477
The Future Superman of 2965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klar Ken T5477   Email Klar Ken T5477         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
It would be great if someone in the Legion, say Chuck, would remember the casts of the other Legions and make a list of potential parallel members. Perhaps he could send off teams a la Fatal Five to collect them and populate a new generation of cadets.

This might lead to some interesting challenges.

If you check howmanyofme.com, you will find there are 275 Sandy Andersons in the U.S., probably none of whom are this world's "Inferno".

If "Laurel Gand" is as common a name on Daxam as "Jane Smith" (or even "Mei Lee") here on Earth, there might be thousands to sort through.

--------------------
"So different from the Original Superman of Krypton!"

Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Tanner Issue #One:
This might lead to some interesting challenges.

If you check howmanyofme.com, you will find there are 275 Sandy Andersons in the U.S., probably none of whom are this world's "Inferno".

Ah yes, the old 'visitor from the future checks the phone book' tactic!

<Knock, knock>
"Yes?"
"Sarah Conner?"

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I was actually wondering the other day if there were any stories along the lines of "Jay Garrick meets the non-powered Barry Allen of Earth-2" or something like that.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Blok, Dream Girl, Projectra, Glorith, Harmonia (?), maybe even Brainy for witty commentary, gathered to exorcise Mordru, Kinetix, Dragonmage, Amethyst, and whomever else from Mysa with zany, madcap fun ensuing: BAM! Four issue story arch. Mordru captured once and for all, the others having to relearn how their magic works (and their places in the universe) and what do you know...at least four Legion Academy dorm rooms are full.

Levitz, I know you're reading this. Free material here.

[Dragonmage] [Mordru]

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
what if Mordru connects with and merges with his the Archie Legion's and becomes twice as powerful though?

quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
Blok, Dream Girl, Projectra, Glorith, Harmonia (?), maybe even Brainy for witty commentary, gathered to exorcise Mordru, Kinetix, Dragonmage, Amethyst, and whomever else from Mysa with zany, madcap fun ensuing: BAM! Four issue story arch. Mordru captured once and for all, the others having to relearn how their magic works (and their places in the universe) and what do you know...at least four Legion Academy dorm rooms are full.

Levitz, I know you're reading this. Free material here.

[Dragonmage] [Mordru]

i do like this idea and team to help!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Rereading the recent Academy stories in Adventure, at the end Lu was looking at potential students' files. There was an image of a short-haired blonde girl, and I thought of Thunder - but there was a 5YL character called Rush/Mara Williams who looked like that. Super-speed ability.

In any event, I'd prefer to resolve XS's story and get her in the Legion rather than have a new speedster in the Academy.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zero Kahn
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zero Kahn   Email Zero Kahn         Edit/Delete Post     
I would not mind seeing Gazelle from the 2nd Shooter run show up in the Academy.

I always have thought Kent Shakespere should show up as Doctor Gym'l's assisant. I mean he was medicaly trained, and you would think a someone with his powers would be a great addition to the Doc's team when dealing with super powered patients.

It would be interesting to see the Lost team come across Inferno in the present also. Her and Gates do know each other after all.

From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Kahn: I would not mind seeing Gazelle from the 2nd Shooter run show up in the Academy.
That's a thought (although I prefer her original more alien appearance). Her being somewhat an overlap with Timber Wolf is no longer an issue, with Timber Wolf being 'lost.'

I wasn't in love with her personality at times, but with Chemical Kid and Dragonwing in the Legion, as well as Harmonia Li (and, formerely, Earth-Man), Giselle's surly attitude is a drop in the bucket.

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
My votes for the new Academy class are:
Gear, Kinetix, Catspaw, Babbage, Adonis (son of Apollo), Leeta-88, and that sexy simian Laser Ape.

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd love to have the White Witch back and a new Amethyst and the return of Zoe.
I'd love it too, if when everyone got pulled out, the Mysa and Dragonmage from Zoe's universe emerged from her, as well.

I seriously dislike Gazelle, though I'd like to see a Sizzle, Gear and Turtle Boy in the Academy.

[ February 23, 2012, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: Candlelight ]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
Bring back Quake Kid or Quicksand
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight: I'd like to see a Sizzle, Gear and Turtle Boy in the Academy.
Sizzle has a great power. If she's on a mission team with Lightning Lass or Sun Boy, she could be powered up by them, and even on her own, she could just carry a blaster and shoot herself with it, to 'charge up' and be able to generate light, heat, microwaves, electricity, whatever...

Plus, in the 31st century, most of the bad guys have blasters, if not some sort of actual energy blast powers, so it's not like she'd be short of external charge up opportunities.

It was tucked away somewhere after his introduction, but there was a text blurb about Turtle that rated him as a step below Karate Kid in martial arts ability, suggesting that he's more than just 'that invulnerable kid.'

I wish we'd gotten to see more of him!

You could field, like, *ten teams* out of the interesting Academy recruits, Tryouts rejects, Subs, Wanderers, Lallorians, etc., etc.!

Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I'm afraid that I also seriously dislike ape people.
[Frown]

Inside, I am crying...

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

I would love to see the Legion (and Academy) expanded to many more characters, however, just as the Legion gets three new ones, there seems to be a move towards some members leaving in turn. The total active roster seems to be stuck at <25 members, with only the occasional glimpse of the inactive ones.

Always wanted to see how a Legion of 50+ members would hold up, with short stories featuring rotating teams and alternating line-ups. Imagine a Roll Call going the entire length of the page!.

--------------------

Set

I'd like to see the Legion split into a few different sub-teams (like the old days when there was an Avengers West Coast, or an X-Men 'Gold Team' and 'Blue Team').

Instead of trying to maintain a bunch of ongoing series, a group of six to twelve Legionnaires could be assigned to a particular section of the UP, and go on adventures there for a six issue or twelve issue story arc.

The UP, in theory, is a *big* place, so it would make sense for them not to be all bunched up on Earth, possibly *months* away from some of the outer rim territories.

Splitting the Legion up into, say, three teams, and focusing on one team at a time, only gathering *all* of the Legion together for epic events every couple of years, could allow for more in-depth characterization of individual members (as every couple of issues doesn't have to feature cameos by Legionnaires who aren't involved with this particular sub-team).

One of the sub-teams could even be the Espionage Squad! Not only would they have a more local region (being most active in the political heart of the UP, perhaps), but they'd also have a different style and different sorts of plots than the more 'deep space action' teams.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.