Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes v7 #7... Spoilers and Stuff! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes v7 #7... Spoilers and Stuff!
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Harmonia didn't enter battle until after it was established she was a member did she?

I think Harmonia as a Legionnaire was her own suggestion after the Saturn Queen battle, one Brainy didn't seem immediately comfortable with.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Tasmia suggested/asked to be sworn in, too.

I knew there were more than Shady, but I could't remember for sure, so thanks for the help, Hermit.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the Hermit
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the Hermit   Author's Homepage   Email the Hermit         Edit/Delete Post     
I forgot one: Dawnstar

--------------------
First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. Been addicted ever since.

From: Stuck in the Psychedelic Era | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by the Hermit:
I forgot one: Dawnstar

But it was later revealed Dawnstar was an Academy student first.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Connecting scenes with the same word was something introduced by Alan Moore. Soon everyone was doing it.

As for the issue, I thought that it had problems, but the problems were different from most of the other issues. I felt that the new members had been introduced abruptly, in a "here's another bit of their background that we never heard of, that suddenly comes up in the story" sort of way.

Also, Harmonia being there is just stupid. She had a part in the destruction of Titan. Lots of people died, and this wasn't even addressed. She was then shoehorned in as a Legionnaire, having powers for no apparent reason, and joining for no apparent reason. I see the Legion's standards haven't gotten any better since they admitted Command Kid or Nemesis Kid.

Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
This issue was a total *yawn*, darlings.
All those interesting looking, super-powered Chinese youths, and all they did was stand around & get beaten up!
Nothing even remotely resembling the dull cover happened in the story, and poor Sun Boy goes off on a date with some unknown gal, instead of admitting to himself that he's in love with Polar Boy.
The only good thing was that Harmonia finally changed clothes after a year. I certainly hope she burned that filthy lab coat!

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
So what did we learn about Harmonia today?

She's apparently of Chinese descent - which her surname of "Li" already gave away. And we finally see a power demonstration in combat - which didn't reveal anything new. She's a powerful elemental. Boom.

I'm not hating on her, but I'm also not particularly intrigued by her - or by any of the others.

Interesting that Paul chose to include two "Chinese" Legionnaires.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Interesting that Paul chose to include two "Chinese" Legionnaires.

Interesting that Chemical Kid has been generally drawn as Asiatic as well....I like it! Why should every humanoid alien look like they came from Whitetown USA? [Smile]

Also, it's about time we had some more diversity in the team which was presented as just a natural part of their background and not their defining characteristic. It's the thing I like about Jacques too...he's got some funky speech patterns and he's visibly non-Caucasian, but it's not like the sole reason he exists is so that we have a platform for stories about race.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matter-eater man
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matter-eater man   Author's Homepage   Email matter-eater man         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked this issue because we finally saw Harmonia in a costume using her powers. Also liked seeing Comet Queen rush into action when she hears one of her buddies is in danger. The issue wasn't perfect though. The bad guys almost always seem to be very "meh" to me these days.
From: MN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
First of all, I hated the cover. So generic. When are we going to see a cover that features more than 1-4 Legionaires?

Having said that, I really loved Portella. He's doing a fantastic job.

And I'm warming up to Dragonwing. She stole her fire? I want to know more! And I loved her speech about earning her place in the Legion while she proceeded to beat Phoenix's gang up.

Nice to see Sun Boy impress the newbies! And Cham's humility was nice too. I wonder if he might be the member who is leaving?

And I know that many people are wanting more, but I really feel Levitz is slowly building to some big stuff that is going to be worth the wait.

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
I just feel like the bad guys are so mediocre these days. They fall so quickly and easily. The Fatal 5 they ain't. Not that I'm asking for them to come back. They've been done to death. Some new villains who evoke the same kind of dread and mystique as the old FF would be nice though. Somebody who DOESN"T get defeated in a page or 2. More build up would help with the mystique angle.
"Here's a whole bunch of new bad guys (sidenote origin) oh. They're in handcuffs already."
The end.

Yawning Lad

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Read this issue tonight, my thoughts:

Comet Queen is awesome as ever. I am really digging the metallic coloring they are using for her costume now, and I am also glad that she is still being drawn as kind of weird and gawky-looking and hasn't morphed into a Typical Hot Chick yet [Smile]

Harmonia as a Legionnaire is still weird. I really like her costume, I really like the use of her powers in this issue, I think I *could* quite like her as a Legionnaire were it not for the fact that she changed from powerless support cast to powered active member of the team overnight and without explanation.

Portela's art in general is freakin' amazing and getting better with every issue.

I liked the bad guys this issue (very Cyberpunky!), but I do see jim's point above about new villains being introduced without any real point to them or any lasting impact. All the new LSV characters, the blue guy who Earth-Man sacrificed himself to stop who to this day has still never even been named, Res-Vir...every one of them has potential to be amazing, but it seems like Levitz runs out of steam as soon as they're introduced and just doesn't care to do anything with them?

Last but not least...I don't really know what Sun Boy actually did? Or what the saboteurs did? This seems to be a continuing pattern in Levitz's stuff since the start of the last series, where characters do....something....which saves the day or is obviously intended to have dramatic effect, but it's not ever really made obvious what they did? Or am I just being dumb in this case? [Razz]

Oh wait, really last point: leadership elections coming up again soon, huh? That's cool! I would never have voted for Mon-El for leader myself, but it will be kind of a shame to see him step down now as I think he has finally started to grow into it post all the Green Lantern stuff. Cham would be an interesting choice!

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
Read this issue tonight, my thoughts:

Harmonia as a Legionnaire is still weird. . . . for the fact that she changed from powerless support cast to powered active member of the team overnight and without explanation.

Last but not least...I don't really know what Sun Boy actually did? Or what the saboteurs did? This seems to be a continuing pattern in Levitz's stuff since the start of the last series, where characters do....something....which saves the day or is obviously intended to have dramatic effect, but it's not ever really made obvious what they did? Or am I just being dumb in this case? [Razz]

Thank you! Total agreement here.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Ditto!
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Seriously, I have no ill will for Levitz, but this series has been riding on idle since he came back.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.