Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion of Super-Heroes v7 #7... Spoilers and Stuff! (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Legion of Super-Heroes v7 #7... Spoilers and Stuff!
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
The big explosion always solves near disasters
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cover- lame.

Interior art- very very good!

Story- some definite 'Levitz'-isms creeping back in. Apparently Dragonwing is now the member who talks about what earned her membership on the team. 2 Legionnaires arrive in the nick of time to save the day. He should watch how often he does these things...

Characters- Sorry, I don't give a flip about Dragonwing. She hasn't earned THAT yet.

Comet Queen is loads of fun, as always. Glad she is on the team.

Harmonia has NO right to be there until it is explained WHY she stood by and let Titan be destroyed. She is no better than Earth Man until this is dealt with. Her presence enrages me when SEVERAL other REAL members were written out so uncerimoniously (and I am not even referring to the LLOST cast).

Levitz realllllly didn't want Mon as leader, did he? Expect him to be written out 2 seconds after he loses the next election.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
sigh

I guess Levitz didn't take the hint that Lar's a fan favorite.
DC did a good job of building him up in the couple of years he was in the Superman titles.

Which are out of continuity in the new 52, anyway.
[Frown]

The poorly explained Shady/Lar/EM episode is another example of Paul's inability to effectively make his changes believeable and to accurately guage fan acceptance of those changes.
He's more likely to lose buyers than add them, imo.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jesjos
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jesjos   Email jesjos         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting developments. Haven't picked up a Legion Book since LO3W. In regards to the inclusion of more than one asian character into the cast....I could be wrong but I recall reading ages ago, that Paul Levitz' wife's name was Gigi, (maiden name Cusimano.)

I really liked the Legion character of Gigi Cusimano, and assumed she was inspired by his real life *Gigi.* Now going a step further, I wonder if Dirk whom Gigi was involved with, mainly, was patterned after Paul himself, since I don't recall Dirk being portrayed as a playboy prior to Paul's handling of the character.

From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.