Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Bleedingcool Rumors: Giffen, Lightle (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bleedingcool Rumors: Giffen, Lightle
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
It's Official. Giffen and Levitz six issue arc starting with #13.

The new arc features the new DCU version of the Fatal Five:

quote:

We've been starting to build this whole set of threads around the idea that the Fatal Five is being reformed. In the New DC logic, the Legion hasn't met the Fatal Five -- there apparently was one in the cosmos, and it's coming back together or it's in danger of coming back together. There's links to that, and in that fashion, it becomes an important bridge to what is going on over the next year as we do a major arc about the new Fatal Five. I'm going to have the great fun of working with Keith [Giffen] on that -- he'll be stepping back in to do a six-issue run to tell that story.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Yay for Giff.

But the main thing I get from the article is the Legion has never met the Fatal Five here and that is annoying beyond words if I understand that correctly.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Well, it smooths out the why Validus and Tharok are back questions nicely.

If Sarya's death hadn't been referenced in the Annual, I'd suggest maybe she hasn't been Empress yet. But maybe they'll fudge over that anyway.

With no Fatal Five, the deaths of at least Ferro Lad and possibly Invisible Kid couldn't have happened the way they did preboot. Plus Shadow Lass's joining must have happened differently.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Didn't the Fatal Five appear in Legion of 3 Worlds? Or was that now just a little wrinkle in time that has been smoothed over?

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
It matters as much as New Krypton and that Supergirl Annual. Deleted.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I bet all those Legionnaires who went back to New Krypton were really just vacationing all this time.

You know, like Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel were on their second honeymoon, which is why the rest of the Legion couldn't find them. What?

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Considering like half of L03W was about bringing back Superboy and Impulse, both of whom have since been rebooted, I definitely wouldn't count on that as reliable at all for continuity.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Just 6 issues? Hope they sell well so he will be asked back. Levitz NEEDS Giffen, I think.

As for the possible retconning out of Fatal 5 continuity, yes that is pretty annoying.

I've just had to face the facts-- history at DC (and the Legion's fistory) are nonexistent. Every Crisis deletes what came before it. The DCnU's time is numbered too.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

I'm actually not really bothered by this at all, but I've been pretty much over the pretense of trying to hammer in the round peg of preboot Legion continuity into the square hole of the rest of the DC Universe since the retroboot began.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Agreed; it's best to just enjoy what you're reading now without trying to make yourself crazy fitting it into a no-longer existent continuity. And don't believe what DC tells us is and isn't in continuity because they can obviously change that at their mad whim. [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You know, I know that, and have made peace with it in other places like Superman and Teen Titans, but for whatever reason it's bothering me. I guess I really am starting to hate the DCnU and the only way I can get over that is if the story is so good, my prior connection with the franchise doesn't matter.

So, no pressure. It has to be the best story in years or I'll hate it. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

^Same. I can always pretend, "Hey, it's an Elseworlds"... Continuity ain't all that important, and the old stories still happened somehow, somewhere.

--------------------

razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Ohhh man...this is maybe the first continuity bollocking in the Legionverse that I really have a problem with.. :\

I agree with the comments that it's best to just concentrate on the stories now and not try to fit everything together in a complex puzzle when it clearly just doesn't fit, but...

It's the scale of it. The Fatal Five are such a huge part of Legion lore. Ferro Lad's death is one of the most classic superhero stories period, and it just feels like sacrilege messing with that kind of stuff for no particular reason.

Things like Shady and Mon-El never having been married...sure, it bugs me, but at the end of the day I can get over it. Such a massive part of Legion history having never existed when there's no reason for them not to have though...I dunno, it rubs me the wrong way. You don't have to be a slave to continuity, but I think you need to respect the cornerstones that a universe is built on, and the Fatal Five is definitely one of the cornerstones of the Legion's particular history.

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I lived through the Threeboot and the Reboot, and even found stuff to love in them.

I never really believed that this was the 'classic' team, thanks to the weird discontinuity in Action and Lo3W and the first year of Levitz's return, and some of the strange characterization hiccups, so I'm not hugely shocked that Paul has given up and just said it's all new again.

Whatever. I'm sure I'll find stuff to like in the future Legion(s), whether or not they have any bearing on the past Legion(s).

Hopefully Paul doesn't feel the need to retell the Universo story again, or bring back Darkseid for another run. Been there, done that, multiple times, and I don't think he's ever gonna top the Universo Project or the Great Darkness Saga.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
The whole Fatal Five deletion just opens up waaay more problems then it solves.

Stupid Fracking DCNU...grumble grumble bitch moan...

From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.