Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Bleedingcool Rumors: Giffen, Lightle (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Bleedingcool Rumors: Giffen, Lightle
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Well, it smooths out the why Validus and Tharok are back questions nicely.

If Sarya's death hadn't been referenced in the Annual, I'd suggest maybe she hasn't been Empress yet. But maybe they'll fudge over that anyway.

With no Fatal Five, the deaths of at least Ferro Lad and possibly Invisible Kid couldn't have happened the way they did preboot. Plus Shadow Lass's joining must have happened differently.

oh my exactly my thought!

someone needs to ask that question to Paul at SDCC and have him explain how and why, etc.

anyone volunteer? I am unable to go to the SDCC because I will be in Lake Tahoe celebrating the organization s 30th anniversary party. sigh.

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
The Fatal Five are a HUGE part of Legion lore and removing them from continuity is like removing the Joker from Batman or Lex Luthor from Superman histories.
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
No Fatal Five? Is this another move dictated to Levitz by TPTB or did he really come up with this himself? Totally unneccessary move in my eyes, but like so many people here I have stopped bothering. I got some enjoyment out of the last few Legion issues so that's a good sign, always loved Levitz / Giffen as a team, so I'll certainly stay on board but I doubt that any new reader will be lured to the book by some cool new Fatal Five thingie when he just has to google that those Fatal Five aren't so new at all... I guess this is just another of those AINT THAT OH SO COOL moves that sacrifices the remnants of meaning and continuity to a quick special effect (anybody remember Morrison giving us the un-eaten Miracle Machine during Final Crisis???)... or Karate Kid during Countdown...

By the way: Has it ever been explained how Karate Kid came back from the dead before Lightning Saga??? I have read so much garbage during the last four years I really cannot remember... [Frown]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.