Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Preview for LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #10 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Preview for LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #10
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Follow the link, unless you don't want to be spoiled...

at crave online

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Interesting preview. Glad Ultra Boy always seems to be on hand to save the day. He's really been Levitz's go to guy lately. Wish this preview had focused on Star Boy though. Nonetheless, it does prove that Cosmic Boy has the guts to go it alone if he deems necessary.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Cos! DOING something!!

I know people think there's too much focus on the founders, but I'm just stoked to see him in action rather than sitting around headquarters wringing his hands over the state of the team... [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Levitz really loves his Cosmic Boy doesn't he? Would've liked to see Star Boy's ragged team of rescuers instead though.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Another pretty solid issue!

I'm not sure why Cos didn't wear a mask while doing his breaking and entering though.

Interested in the new kids. Will Mwindaji's tracking ability earn him a place in the Legion? And I'm not really sure what Otaki's abilities are, but it's kind of cool to have a telepath born somewhere other than Titan.

And Comet Queen best be saving the day.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
I hope Levitz isn't planning on replacing Dawnstar and Tellus with these new recruits so soon...

So I take it Comet Queen has resigned too. That was a short tenure.

This issue provided us with a lot of set up for next issue. Hope Levitz don't let us down.

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brody27
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brody27           Edit/Delete Post     
Lots of good things in this issue. I loved Cos's look and solo mission and his rescue by Ultra Boy. I loved the interaction and skill shown by Dream Girl and Brainy. I really LOVED Duo Damsel on an actual mission. I really despise the character of Comet Queen and nothing about her annoying, immature behavior here changed my opinion. The two new recruits are way beyond lame. Super tracking ability is way too convenient for this story and is a one note power. And another mind reader?? Bring back Saturn Girl!
From: Tampa, FL | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Agreed on all points. Brody.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Very solid issue. I liked the way the tension is building and the stakes are very high. It's more than the lives of Brainy and Dream Girl...war is coming. Loved the way Nura was portrayed. And I love ominous dreams from Nura. It's a Legion tradition.

Yeah, the two new recruits seemed very lame, which seems to indicate death and/or betrayal at their hands. Or is Comet Queen going to betray them? Did Saturn Queen mess with her far beyond what anyone thought?

From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

My one true complaint is that the cover art was a bit misleading as none of Star Boy's team was captured or even encountered the Dominion in this issue. Cool cover though.
EmeraldEmperor
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EmeraldEmperor           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, although the scene on the cover hasn't happened (yet), I liked it. The best thing about it is it's the most Legionnaires we've seen on a cover so far this series - five. I'm ready for a big group shot.
From: Southern Oklahoma | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
The inclusion of cadets with a tracking power and telepathy might suggest that Paul was maybe planning on having Dawnstar and Tellus back, at some point, but has now resigned himself to their being gone a bit more long term.

A telepath is almost de rigeur at this point, but I'm not a fan of tracking powers. Either the tracker can find whatever the mystery item / person / place du jour is, and the mystery is blown to hell, or the tracker *can't* find this thing for a specific plot-defined reason, in which case, why the hell even have a tracker?

Dawnstar gets by on a cool visual, and some other useful powers (spaceworthy flight at lightspeed, for instance). I'm not sure Mwinadji (I just made up some random letters, no idea if it's spelled right...) is gonna match that.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Plus, his name is unpronounceable. We already have Mxyzptlk for that.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I get my issue on Thursday, but the previews are nice.
I just don't know why Cos couldn't have flown out on his own.
He has a flight ring, right?
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I read this today, wooh! [Smile]

...and quite liked it! I know that the 'ragtag rescue team' aren't going to save the day on their own and will end up needing the rest of the Legion to get them out of this, but seeing how well Brainy and Dreamy have been treated so far I have a feeling that Chuck, Lu et al are gonna get a much more respectful showing against the Dominators than they did against Cosmic King (even if they do lose).

Admittedly, I'm disappointed in the newbies' powers. Even if they are just thinly veiled plot replacements for Dawnstar and Tellus, there are a million other ways you could accomplish the same feats with a different power. A planetary-scale Jack Hawksmoor could accomplish the same thing as a planetary-scale tracker, and do other cool things besides. Someone with specifically postcognition-related psionic abilities might make an interesting opposite number to Dream Girl while still being able to mimic certain aspects of telepathy. And my other issue with the new recruits is that their abilities seem so passive! Admittedly, we haven't seen what Otaki can actually do yet, but I hope she's not another in a long list of Legion women with purely subtle abilities...

Those little qualms aside, I really liked this issue and am looking forward to seeing where this storyline goes! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.