Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Preview for LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #10 (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Preview for LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES #10
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I remember that explaination.
That's why I brought up Jo's superspeed in comparison.
His superpowered flight speed combined with the ring's speed and will factor really should have made Jo the fastest, discounting Lar and Dawnstar. who also have superspeed flight and rings.
[shrug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I vaguely recall that Wildfire, Dawnstar, Superboy and Mon-El were the 'fastest,' with Ultra Boy only hanging with them on occasion.

Anywho, his ultra-speed *has* to have some sort of built-in propulsion, or else he'd never be able to run faster than a human body can fall (125 to 200 MPH, generally, depending on body position). Since he obviously can, the ultra-energy has to be 'pushing' him somehow (just as the Speed Force 'pushes' the Flash-peeps), and if it can do that when he's on the ground, there's no reason why it can't do that when he's in the air (or in water, or in space).

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
[qb]Wasn't he off fetching Cosmic Boy from Earth then?

He already knew about Pol's death when he picked up Cos.

/QB]

Thanks, EDE. I remember why I got confused now - I remember Ultra Boy, Dawnstar and Wildfire were among the first to escape from the large "web" trap that the whole Legion plunged into. Then I remember Jeckie telling those three to go off and find help. Somehow I remembered it as them jetting off at once even before the other Legionnaires freed themselves and found the lock.

Re willpower, I remember this was touched upon with Dream Girl and possibly Blok, too.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Wasn't he off fetching Cosmic Boy from Earth then?

He already knew about Pol's death when he picked up Cos.

As I recall, the fact that Pol could outrace the super-speedsters was explained by a combination of his headstart plus the fact that flight rings are particularly responsive to the will of their owner. Apparently he just really *wanted* to get their first.

The obvious answer was that Jo didn't want to die in a keyhole, and was happy to view Pol make the ultimate sacrifice from a safe distance. In that situation, Jo switched to his power of "Ultra-Carefulness".

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.