Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The All-Summer 2012 Super Top 25 Favorite Legionnaires Poll! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The All-Summer 2012 Super Top 25 Favorite Legionnaires Poll!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
even Earth Man and Dream Boy have votes

*GLARE* Next you'll tell me Harmonia has votes.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder how many of Tasmia's votes are for Umbra, rather than Shadow Lass?
Mine is for Umbra, anyway.
[Yes]

And Set - did you vote for Sizzle?
I came so close to voting for her.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
Wasn't Lamprey part of the team during the Khund war?
I thought that she and Crystal Kid and Nightwind were killed or something.

Nightwind was killed while she and Lamprey were instructors at the UP Militia Academy. Crystal Kid would later join said Academy as an instructor after the Earth blew up.
Weren't Chuck and Lu part of that group?
I've always thought that the team there was an underground part of the Legion.
[shrug]

Thanks for the information, IB!
[Hug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight: And Set - did you vote for Sizzle?
I came so close to voting for her. [/QB]

I totally voted for Sizzle. And Turtle and Dream Boy, too. I like the mutts!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

Thanks for the information, IB!
[Hug]

any time, Candle! [Hug]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ultrajo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ultrajo   Author's Homepage   Email ultrajo         Edit/Delete Post     
Count me in with the Drura and Luornu votes.
From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
I wonder how many of Tasmia's votes are for Umbra, rather than Shadow Lass?
Mine is for Umbra, anyway.
[Yes]

Mine too! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
As of 33 voters, only 7 Legionnaires made it to 20 or more votes;
Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy, Ultra Boy, Shrinking Violet, Dream Girl, Element Lad and Shadow Lass. That'd be an interesting line up!

(With write-ins, Lu got 11 and Drura got 8, so they don't make the 20+ club.)

And poor Conner/Superboy still has less votes than Flederweb!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
If I'm counting correctly, there's 24 characters with 14 or more votes, with another 3 at 13. Only one character created post-1980 is in that bunch.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Not surprised to see who the post-1980s character is, and I'm also very pleased [Big Grin] that character is really a gem.

Also quite pleased to see another of my faves doing reasonably well at 12 votes, considering the character's newness.

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
As of 33 voters, only 7 Legionnaires made it to 20 or more votes;
Phantom Girl, Chameleon Boy, Ultra Boy, Shrinking Violet, Dream Girl, Element Lad and Shadow Lass. That'd be an interesting line up!

And poor Conner/Superboy still has less votes than Flederweb!

Pleasantly surprised at Violet. She's not usually this popular!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

This might probably change later, but I just HAD to post it -

Gates is ahead of not one, but TWO founders by one vote!

And Kinetix is tied with Sun Boy now, and is ahead of several preboot Legionnaires too!

Go [Gates] and [Kinetix] [Smile]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester

I believe Zoe is currently part of a three-way tie for twenty-third position!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Retconnery
Licensed to take a pill

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean Retconnery   Email Sean Retconnery         Edit/Delete Post     
24 votes plus a write- in for Lu. It would be fun to run a poll of which versions people prefer for some of the longer serving (suffering?) legionnaires who've endured multiple reboots, re-imaginings etc. For example, I think Waid's Atom Girl and butt- kicking Dream Girl were awesome; the Silver Age incarnations not so much.

--------------------
Whaddya mean I'm out of continuity?

From: Manila | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, it'd be interesting, but a nightmare trying to count versions of characters. Some of these guys change drastically from one writer to the next, while others seem to make it through complete reboots with minimal changes to the essential character.
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I believe Zoe is currently part of a three-way tie for twenty-third position!

That is extremely awesome, not just because Kinetix is my #1 fave. it's also because I've always known her to have a few diehard fans, but not many fans period. She always seemed such a polarizing character.

But lately she's been doing really well, even going on to win last year's Multiverse Legion Idol

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.