Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Preview LEGION #11 (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Preview LEGION #11
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
From ComicBook.com: http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/07/12/exclusive-dc-comics-preview-legion-of-superheroes-11/
Star Boy's rescue squad lands on Elia!

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Good thing that they're there!
How can the UP risk the lives of Brainy and Dreamy?
They're their planets' treasures and have worked to save the UP many times.
The UP isn't thinking very straight.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Well this preview is certainly a good remedy for the solicits (which make that group sound like they're barely on par with the Inferior Five)...I really like when Legionnaires use their powers in creative ways like this [Smile]

In other news, WHEN IS THOM GONNA GET OUT OF THAT SPROCKING CHAIR?! Seriously, he has been back for over a year in real time and he is still on the wounded list?

Yet Polar Boy can get a new hand made as easy as walking to the corner store...it's just pointless, and Thom's recovery period (recovery from what??) has been dragged out way longer than it ever needed to be.... [Razz]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
Thom had mental injuries as seen in Adventure Comics and Lo3W. He may be using the chair as a mental crutch because he "feels" unsure of himself.

I love the use of Comet Queen's powers in this preview. I've finally found a use for her in the Legion. She was a good pick for Bouncing Boy's plan.

From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdpinball
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jdpinball   Email jdpinball         Edit/Delete Post     
The preview does indeed look good. I'm wondering how they are all able to fly since this is a non sanctioned mission and they should not be wearing Legion Flight rings? I can't wait to see Comet Queen, Duplicate Damsel and BB kick some Dominator Disk Licker ass
From: EARTH | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Leather Wolf:
Thom had mental injuries as seen in Adventure Comics and Lo3W. He may be using the chair as a mental crutch because he "feels" unsure of himself.

Except the JSA doesn't exist on the current Earth anymore, so how does the whole "Starman" thing fit in now? We had Ultra Boy reference his time in the asylum, so that's still there somehow. Unless the Legion still 'see's the pre-Flashpoint history from their vantage point, which would be even more messy.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
He's probably gone crazy just from trying to figure out his own continuity! [Wink]

Anyway, I thought this issue was pretty decent, even if the Legionnaires got taken out way too easily. Probably the best cover of the series so far! And "spacetrash" is officially my new favorite insult.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks very nice.

(Feh. I can't even remember how many issues behind I am right now.)

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
BAH! Since when does Dream Girl need to be rescued! Thom will ruin everything!

[Wink]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Fun issue. Portela did his usual nice job, and I liked this Guinaldo guy too. Thom's team came across as competent. Mon-El had his strongest moment as leader. Nura and Lu came across well. What is Comet Queen's motivation?

A quick read, but a lot going on.

[ July 18, 2012, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: Jerry ]

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leather Wolf
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leather Wolf   Email Leather Wolf         Edit/Delete Post     
This was an action packed roller coaster issue. Thomas dis a good job leading the rescue team until the betrayal changed things. Mon-el isn't completely off the hook with his answer to Cosmic Boy. He could have sent any legionnaire in if he really wanted to, even with the diplomatic hang-ups. There 's a lot of stuff that has to happen next issue to resolve this crisis. I for one will be on the edge of my seat to see hoe Paul Levitz sorts this out.
From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry:
Fun issue. Portela did his usual nice job, and I liked this Guinaldo guy too. Thom's team came across as competent. Mon-El had his strongest moment as leader. Nura and Lu came across well. What is Comet Queen's motivation?

A quick read, but a lot going on.

Isn't the Dominion making clones of the Legion?

If so, it would be easy to assume she wants her very own Bouncing Boy.

Or... she could be pulling a Mentalla.

You know, I just realized, but both Legion traitors, Nemesis Kid (the real one) and Mentalla (the fake one) had the same color scheme.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, this issue was AWESOME!

Luornu particularly kicked ass, but everyone got a chance to shine....and I am gonna be interested to see where Paul's going with Comet Queen because I doubt very highly that it's as simple as it appears to be. At a guess I'd say the Dominator guy with the DNA strand on his disk has something to do with it...

Good cliffhanger! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
You know, I just realized, but both Legion traitors, Nemesis Kid (the real one) and Mentalla (the fake one) had the same color scheme.

Yanno who else uses that color scheme?

Matter-Eater Lad.

Dun dun dun dun...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I read 10-11.

I really really REALLY liked how well Levitz wrote Lu here. I will go so far to say that this is the best he has ever written her.

The solicits for these issues enraged me awhile back but the issues themselves have done the characters justice.

As for Comet Queen -something hasn't been revealed yet. I think she will be innocent.

I'm not sold on Not-Dawnstar and Not-Saturn Girl yet. I have a long history of having a problem with replacements for beloved characters.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.