Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » LMB: the Continuity! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: LMB: the Continuity!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
It's late right now, and I really need to go to bed, but I wanted to say that I like the idea of going through LMB continuity and figuring out where everyone fits in! I think the best way to do it is to go by year, as in LMB: Year One, LMB: Year Two, etc., just to get a basic timeline down! But no retroactive continuity that would eliminate any stories!

And make sure we include all the people who joined that we haven't talked to in a few years, like Mighty Fan Boy Man, Shark Lad, Lumber Fox, etc.!

I definately want in on this project, since I was a founder, I started the road trips, had a wife who eventually died, and all other fun aspects of Cobalt Kid's character! Lash, everyone else, what do you say?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, your post is heaven-sent!

I am all for such a project!

Since you and I (and Crujectra, but I doubt she'd want to be involved) are perhaps the LONGEST-term LMB posters here, I think it fitting that we partake this endeavor!

We know the LMB history began with us getting to know each other initially on LARDLAD's "Who ARe You" thread.

Shortly thereafter, I posted the "Legion of Message Board posters" thread, and all heck broke loose!

We'll have to research and see what came after!

ps/ SHARKLAD is a member here and has posted (though infrequently!)

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I hope we get to read the full story behind this "Cobie Cakes" business!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That's a pretty hefty task you boys have laid down for yourselves. But go for it! Should be fun to read.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I myself most look forward to placing Super Lash Tot, Android-MLLASH, MLLASH Lass and Peepaw MLLASH into LMB continuity!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That's good news, because I think you might be the only one who could do it. [Smile]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And don't think I've forgotten Giant Turtle MLLASH, Gorilla MLLASH, Black Lash (Sweet Christmas!) and Giant Robotic Lesbian Lash!

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
And I thought my family was bad....
From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Cobie, your post is heaven-sent!

I am all for such a project!

Since you and I (and Crujectra, but I doubt she'd want to be involved) are perhaps the LONGEST-term LMB posters here, I think it fitting that we partake this endeavor!

We know the LMB history began with us getting to know each other initially on LARDLAD's "Who ARe You" thread.

Shortly thereafter, I posted the "Legion of Message Board posters" thread, and all heck broke loose!

We'll have to research and see what came after!

ps/ SHARKLAD is a member here and has posted (though infrequently!)

So we have YOU to blame for all of this, Lasher? Figures. [Cool]

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Does that mean people like myself and others who joined after LEgion World opened are ONLY part of post boot continuity. I wonder what I was like pre-boot?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Now Lashie Poo, it's not so much that I wouldn't want to help. It's more that I'm not sure how much I could help. I was never really one to get too involved with the story threads, so a great deal of that I just am not familiar with.

Besides, where do you think Cobie Cakes got the idea from? It was through pillow talk with me, silly boy.

Oh, and FC, "Cobie Cakes" was just a little off-panel nickname I had for Cobalt Kid during the brief period that we dated [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

It was one of the more enjoyable periods of LMB history [Smile]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
Wish I had been there...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lash, don't forget Lashwire, and anything else you've forgotten!

It's saturday right now for me, so I can't post too much, but tomorrow I'll be back with some more ideas! As I remember it, we all started to get to know one another on Lardy's "Who are You Thread". From there, there was a handful of us who posted on the Legionnaries board, while mostly everyone else posted on the Legion of Super Heroes board. Thus, it was you who started the Legion of Message Board Posters thread, which stated that the founders were: Lash Lad, Lard Lad, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Cobalt Kid and Tsarin Lad (now Mystery Lad). I believe it was the very next post that included Bellbookcandle Kid (now SeaHorse), Goon Boy, Lev Lad, and right after that was Newcru King (now Crusader). That pretty much is the original LMBers, with Beagz joining pretty much soon after.

I don't know who officially is a founder, but I think the initial nine are considered (with Crusader and Seahorse being the retroactive names of them). Tsarin Lad did eventually die in LMB continuity and came back as Mystery Lad. Also, I remember specifically that Loser Lad said he didn't want to be retconned as a founder, so if we set the parameters of the founders, we should stop when we come close to his first appearances.

LMB: Year One is a period I figured could include the formation of the LMB, all of the tag team stories, the road trips (which brought in Lucien and Space Tart), and then ends with the beginning of that summer (or start). I remember that eventually I took a leave of absence, Lard Lad's term ended and you became leader, Newcru set up the LMB Head Quarters (yahoo group), and some other posters (like Lumber Fox) dissapeared.

The Legion of Message Board posters thread had us up to about 25 members, or maybe a bit more, and one of the last was Mighty Fan Boy Lad. Then Space Tart and Lucien Lad joined during the Road Trips (maybe Midnight Son too, I can't remember).

I admit to having the time when Cobalt left as a way to end year one being a bit selfish, but what the hell, why not?! When I did come back (though not in full force), there were a few new posters that had become prevalent including Faraway Lad, Kid Therod, Kid Psychout, Foxy Roxy (alt ID, but still an LMBer) and Ample Man. Furball showed up (really Dev) and Shark Lad went evil in continuity. Also Carrina Winters joined, who I think should be known as the super traitor! And a certain Princess Crujectra started showing up. This could be where Year Two really kicked off. Lash, you were the leader, and then Loser and Necru had terms (I forget what order, but we can check the Outpost). Also, this is a time when the members of the LMB really became set, as many of the people who joined the LMB and only posted a handful of times really stopped posting, so the LMB's membership became more structured.

I think when we get these two eras in order (because there is A LOT of stories to figure out in there, and I mean A LOT), we can figure out the next era of our first Crisis, Stu and Pov, the new message board, etc.

And all the new members from Legion World, this isn't really post-boot continuity, but an extension of the old! So your still in continuity! I remember when Pov as a newbie, and now he's a mainstay!

PS- and Lash, I just remembered an interesting tidbit! Remember, we retconned Food Maker Kid to being a member, and our first member to ever actually die! Then, we had him come back, and merge with Donna Troy and the Spectre, so he looked like Donna Troy, had Food Maker Kid's personality and the power of the Spectre. This character (LMB Spectre we'll call him) appeared every once in awhile, so we can include him!

Let me know what you think about all this info!

Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Great job so far Cobalt. But just what did happen during the infamous 5 year (Month? or maybe it was day) Gap I've heard about???

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.