Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Lonely Hearts Club (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Lonely Hearts Club
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I definitely put work before my social life, which makes no sense since my job sucks and the company doesn't do anything for me to deserve such loyalty.

When I'm not at work I'm usually too wiped out to do anything other than relax at home and get ready to go back to work. It's been this way for so long that even when I do have the free time to go out and interact with other people (like this week when I was off all week) that I rarely ever do.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member Wolf
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
Feh! To Lonely Hearts! [Cheers]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I just feel so BORED with it all.

I want, just one more time, to feel that excitement in my heart again. No s#!+... the excitement you can get from someone you're crazy about just holding your hand.

But I guess that's something special reserved for those who haven't spat in Cupid's face...

Golly!! It feels GREAT to vent here!!! Thanks again, Miss T!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member Wolf
unregistered

Gary needs to create a :jaded: graemlin for us Lonely Hearts! *tee hee*
Jetta
Misfit

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jetta           Edit/Delete Post     
Lou's a lounger like myself.

[ October 16, 2004, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: SorceressMorgause ]

From: Misfits Music | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
Gary needs to create a :jaded: graemlin for us Lonely Hearts! *tee hee*

But which character to choose? We already have a Gates graemlin.

Can I be the club's mellotron player?

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
My love life has been a mess for a few months. I hope no one minds if I vent it here.

I've been with my girlfriend for three and a half years, and sometimes I just feel so trapped in the relationship, and that I'm too young to be so committed. I mean, I don't wanna be married for a LONG time! Plus, we were fighting a lot all summer (almost every day) because we were both stressed out about looking for jobs and we only saw each other about once a week.

Then there is this girl at the bar I work at, one of the bartenders about five years older than me is totally gorgeous and one of the most fun people I've met in a long time. She also has a boyfriend. Well, I was hanging out with my friends from the bar (waitresses, bartenders, etc.) a lot this summer and we hung out a lot. We clicked instantly, and it was obvious there was some sort of connection between us.

Well, one night it happened and we were at a party, took a long walk away from everyone else along the beach with a bottle of vodka (couldn't make it *too* romantic [Razz] ) and had a great night together. I actually wrote about this in the poetry thread awhile ago. We didn't know what to do, since we both were in serious relationships, but eventually we called each other again and then started 'seeing' each other a lot more.

It was amazing, and an August I'll never forget. But it was also guilt-filled, sneaky and left my totally unsure of what I wanted anymore. Even worse: her boyfriend is kind of my friend now and works with us both at the bar, and she and my girlfriend get along great. We only really 'hooked up' a handful of times, but we spent a lot of time together and hung out every night, emailed and text messaged all day everyday and stuff like that.

Well, it had to end, so it did. The problem is that now I can't get her out of my mind and wish it didn't end. And I feel guilty about the whole thing. And my problems with my g/f come and go, just like her problems with her b/f do too. We don't hook up anymore (haven't for awhile) and are really just good friends, but the fact that I see her so often leaves me wanting her at the same time and wanting to get passed these feelings.

Ugh. I try not to think about it a lot.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
Share your tale of woe or cruise the club for a hidden treasure, while the haunting melodies of the mellotron soothes you.

Seems appropriate:

Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Letters I've written,
Never meaning to send.

Beauty I'd always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I can't say anymore.

'Cause I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.

Gazing at people,
Some hand in hand,
Just what I'm going thru
They can understand.

Some try to tell me
Thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be
You will be in the end,

And I love you,
Yes, I love you,
Oh, how, I love you.
Oh, how, I love you.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
"What Is Love?" A philosopher once asked.

The humans in the room struggled to answer that question. His cat merely rolled her eyes, gave a short burst of <silent cat Laughter> and wandered away.

The cat knew something that humans struggle to understand.

Love and sex are two completely different subjects, and neither has very much to do with romantic entanglements (which are usually created by preexisting notions or fantasies that one human has about another human, IE, He/She is sooo hot! He/She must be a great lover. OR! He/She is such a dog! Who would want to hook up with that?) and/or the potential for future happiness.

I've been watching Abin and Pagan for several cat years now and I can tell you that if nothing else...

(wait for it)

Human Mating Rituals are

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Stoopid Cat, I've always laughed at you saying that before, but this time...I think I agree...
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
Scat is right when he says sex and romance are seperate issues to love.

Staying in love with someone is bloody hard work, and both parties have to make the effort or it's going to end in tears.

After a little over ten years with Alan there's one thing we've learned - don't be scared to tell someone what you feel, and be patient as others try to tell you what they have to say. Don't try to score points, just be honest. Sometimes it's difficult and sometimes it hurts but it's always worthwhile.

Hopefully [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam Pureheart
Everyday Girl's Boy Toy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam Pureheart   Email Sam Pureheart         Edit/Delete Post     
"What Is Love?" A philosopher once asked.

The humans in the room struggled to answer that question. His cat merely rolled her eyes, gave a short burst of <silent cat Laughter> and wandered away.

The cat knew something that humans struggle to understand.

Love and sex are two completely different subjects, and neither has very much to do with romantic entanglements (which are usually created by preexisting notions or fantasies that one human has about another human, IE, He/She is sooo hot! He/She must be a great lover. OR! He/She is such a dog! Who would want to hook up with that?) and/or the potential for future happiness.

Now, some of you may be reluctant to take advice from a cat, but consider carefully a few things...

1. Is your partner's happiness equally (or more) important to you than your own happiness? Conversely, does your partner feel The same way?
(if either answer is no, SCAT!)

2. Don't be afraid to meet people and get to know them, even if the situation is slightly uncomfortable. But, please note that a "Roll in the hay" is not getting to know someone, No One sthupps all day and night! You'll spend a majority of your time with your significant other with both of you fully dressed. Do you like each other just as much then?

3. Doing something because everyone else is is usually a bad idea. If and when you make a personal choice to do something (especially for the first time) it should be because you feel it is right for you, not because someone else beat you to it and you feel like you need to catch up to the KEWL KIDS! (who may be lying about it anyway).

And above all else remember this!

You are not the only person in the world who has emotions. Every bit of fear, doubt, and uncertainty you have ever felt about your relationships has been felt by others, often the other person in your relationship. Open and honest discussions about such feelings are extremely difficult and best handled with extreme care but can also be the key to building a lasting and loving relationship.

[ October 16, 2004, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Stoopid Cat ]

--------------------
When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.

From: Medicus Two | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Sage advice, Stoopid Cat.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member Wolf
unregistered

I understand, intellectually, the wisdom that has been shared. But it's overcoming the fear of experiencing that I'm working on. I dread the possibility of failure so much that I tend to cancel out any possibility of success along with it. I'm a goofapotamus!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
A loveable goofapotamus.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.