Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Lonely Hearts Club (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Lonely Hearts Club
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Children? Bah! Feed them to the lions!

You might want to consider that your children outnumber you by a considerable amount these days.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Remember what Cronus's kids did to him?
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it's only fitting. Consider what Kronos did to Ouranos.

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
It's been a while since I've *dated* I guy. (I won't mention other things I might have done.) I'm overdue, but I really hate the bar scene, and social organizations in my area are just non-existant. Plus, I'm fairly picky. I could have had this one guy, and I think I had fallen for him to some degree, but he wasn't much in the thinking department. It would have driven me nuts, especially since I do things like correct grammar on notes my bosses put up at work. [Smile] I'm sure I'd be too much to put up with for a guy who doesn't know that grammar in the first place.

[ October 18, 2004, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: ferroboy ]

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
As a fellow picky Patsy, ferroboy, I empathize with you that it's a shame our anal rententia isn't viewed by the general public as being "bootylicious." [Wink]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ferroboy   Email ferroboy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Somber Lass. I know there are guys out there who I don't have to correct. Someday I'll find one...

--------------------
Dan

From: Newburgh, NY | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
You *might* be bored by a guy you don't have to correct.

Maybe you ought to look for a guy who likes to *be* corrected. [Wink]

Sort of a 'english tutor/dumb jock' kind of thing.

Then again, intelligence shouldn't be discounted. Though there're many kinds of intelligence...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fundamental King
Starcrossed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fundamental King           Edit/Delete Post     
intellectual, emotional, social, ethical, practical, and just because someone is "intelligent" in one or more areas doesn't make him/her intelligent in them all.

I'm smart as a whip that fails to snap. [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
Gee, I don't really care if he's smart. The threshold is that you like looking at the other person. Then you have to like being with each other. Usually that happens if you make each other feel important and interesting. It's work, but the payoff is great.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ferroboy
Legionnaire!

Mystery Lad - I've _had_ a guy I had to correct. He wasn't smart in a lot of ways. I think he would have ultimately driven me nuts. (Like the guy with the OCD personality...)

Space Boy - I know, but he was lacking in enough areas. I just used grammar as an example, but there's really more to it than that.

Semi - A hot body is nice for a lot of things, but I need a little more than that for a relationship. I'd settle for a more intelligent guy with an average body.

--------------------
Dan

Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
ferroboy, I didn't mean that a hot body is essential, only that you have to find the other person attractive, whatever that may be. We all have different tastes. I've tried many times to stick with someone who was great in all respects, except that I wasn't really attracted to him. It just doesn't work. That's why it is a threshold requirement for me. But by threshold requirement, I don't mean that's sufficient - just that it's the starting point. There are many people I find attractive that I couldn't stand to be with.

[ October 20, 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Semi Transparent Fellow ]

Fundamental King
Starcrossed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fundamental King           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm still smart as a whip that fails to snap!

[Big Grin]

--------------------

From: Delegate of Xanthu | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

I'm going to have to ponder that a bit, Space Boy. Sometimes I'm slow.
Myriad
The One Woman Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myriad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well I'm colorful if not always cogent.

--------------------

From: All Possible Locations | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Colorful? Why you're a veritable rainbow!
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.