Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Lonely Hearts Club (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Lonely Hearts Club
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Why you gotta be like that?

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
The line is "Why you gotta do me like that?" or is that just Cali thing.

Would you have preferred if I aimed for the loser jewels?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Zombie STU:
Here's a question for y'all:

If you could go through life having either true friendships, or true love, but not both... which you would choose?

True love, because that also involves true friendship.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
EDE, I LOVE the Moody Blues!

Oh, yeah? They were my first concert, ever.

Justin Hayward has got to be near the top of my favorite singers, and few can match him in the raw beauty of his songs.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by RTVU2:
EDE, I LOVE the Moody Blues!

Oh, yeah? They were my first concert, ever.

They would have been mine, had I been allowed to go.

I did get to seem them later, though, with Stevie Ray Vaughn as opening act.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

If you could go through life having either true friendships, or true love, but not both... which you would choose?

True friendships.

If for no other reason that this option is a plural.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Obsidian Lass           Edit/Delete Post     
(Orders a Nyquil toddy and curls up in a corner booth.)

I love the Lonely Hearts Club because of the "come as you are" dress code. Sweats and slippers are actually considered sexy here.

--------------------
Visit Myriad's Legion of Alt-IDs in Bits and LW Directory in the MMB

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Do any of our threads have a dress code? You'd figure with all the shirtless (and pantsless in some cases) guys and scantily clad ladies running around that it's pretty much a big "come as you are" party!

Or at least a "come as you wish you were" party! [LOL]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

That may be so, Lou. But you probably should wear some pants at the Lonely Hearts Club. Think of the children - the poor little children!!!

--------------------

From: Delegate of Talok VIII | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Children? Bah! Feed them to the lions!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

Children, move slowly from CK now. Unless he makes a sudden move, then you might want to run. And go to bed, it's way past your bedtimes.

--------------------

CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Re-AniMiner:
quote:

True friendships.

If for no other reason that this option is a plural.

I'd pick the friendship option. It's more natural I think.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
True friendships, definitely. True love may exist, but I think it's largely an invention of romantic novels and Hollywood. Besides, that mental, emotionally-hyped craziness of falling in love passes and you better hope you manage to be true friends in the end.

On the other hand, I'd like to believe that true love - and love at first sight - happens for some people, and endures, and that it's from these cases that the novels and movies emerged.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
I come on too sexy at first (because I think all men are ruled by their penises) but I'm also more talk than walk.

If you're behaving certain ways because you believe "men are ruled by their penises", then you really are setting yourself up for failure.

For one thing, you shouldn't make such broad generalizations about the behavior or motivations of guys. There a lot of different types of guys out there. Personally, I find few things less attractive than a woman who comes on too strong, whether she's willing to follow through with it or not.

Furthermore, being a tease or flirt will usually only get you in trouble. If you create expectations in guys that you have no intention of fulfilling, then you're only going to irritate them. And if you're the sort that flirts with everyone (which you appear to be, at least online), that's going to foster jealousies and resentments among the people you flirt with.

Know who you are and what you want, and be straightforward about it. If you have confidence in yourself, that'll hold the attention of worthwhile guys far longer than any amount of superficial flirting.

Or at least, that's what I think, for what it's worth.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Obsidian Lass
Total Black Out

I never did like taking medicine.

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.