Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Television Trouble Finder » The Lonely Hearts Club (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Lonely Hearts Club
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Misty, if that's true, you have plenty of company out there in Goofapotamus Land. The fear of failure is a common problem for most young people when they consider the relationship landscape.

"Is it better to have loved and lost or to never have loved at all?"

Old Billy really asked a wonderful question when he wrote that line...

The honest answer is that we are all destined to experience that dilemma and must each find our own answer to that question.

Being an old (very happily) married man I can tell you one thing that is totally and irrefutably true. No person can totally live up to someone else's expectations of them.

I'm married to a goddess. Scratch that. I'm married to a GODDESS!!! (And not just in LW terms either [LOL] )

But sometimes, she disappoints me. Not anywhere near as often as I disappoint her, but on occasion it happens.

When it happens we find a way to work things out. It's hard (just as Belinda so eloquently said) but we are both willing to work at it.

The point here is that relationships require TWO (or more, if you live in Utah) People actively involved in making them work.

Arranged dates aren't the only way to meet new people. Explore every avenue open to you. Look past the initial impressions and try to see the person behind the facade. Odds are that person is just as scared as you are where the expectations are concerned.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
EDE, I LOVE the Moody Blues!
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stu
Time Trapper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stu   Email Stu         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a question for y'all:

If you could go through life having either true friendships, or true love, but not both... which you would choose?

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
True friendships with frequent, meaningless casual sex would work for me!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, Lou, what are we going to do with you?

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I have a couple of ideas... [Wink]

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Can't a shoot a cannon at you, point blank of course?

[ October 17, 2004, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: DivineOpalJanell ]

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Erm, that's one idea.

Not sure it's the way I would go though...

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Don't worry, I'll enjoy it.

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

I'm sure you would. Not so sure I'd feel the same way.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Well, you won't be feeling much of anything when it's done.

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

C'mon now, that's not nice.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Who said anything about being nice?

--------------------

Loser Lad
Stressed

Umm, actually Miss T. did.

quote:
Originally posted by Member Wolf:
Lonely Hearts caters to the "nice guys" and "good girls" who have more charisma in their little pinkie toe than a whole "in-crowd" put together!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Tempest
Enchantress

Well is she here right now, no.

*kicks him in the shins*

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.