Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » the ALL-INFECTIOUS LASS thread! (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: the ALL-INFECTIOUS LASS thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Mark Waid knows he needs to include Infectious Lass in he lineup!

Hopefully Gail has passed on the info about the buzz her recent appearance generated!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

By the mega-talented STAR BOY over in the BITS forum! I just tonight discovered his SOUTH PARK LEGION thread!! Great stuff!

-

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Page 7?!?! You know what they say about a woman scorned....

Just as I was looking up "Sehpt" for the spelling, I realized it's short for "septic" - slow, but I got there.

Secondly, saw a reference to a book that could surely have been inspired by Infectious Lass: Thackery T. Lambshead's Pocket Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases, by Jeff Vander Maeer & Mark Roberts. At the least, it would belong in her personal library. Excerpt from a review:

"It would be impossible to consider each contribution here, and would spoil the fun of the book for other readers, but there are a few
highlights worth mentioning just to offer the flavor of the Guide. First up is Michael Barry's "Ballistic Organ Syndrome" which should be
self-explanatory, and which nicely sets the tone for the rest of the Guide. China Mieville's "Buscard's Murrain" is the first (and best) of
several literary, or word based, diseases; it's characterized by his dry wit and excellent use of language and tone. Michael Cisco's "Clear Rice Syndrome" has an almost Lovecraft-ian feel, and is one of several contributions that could easily be fleshed out into something longer. John Coulthart's "Printer's Evil" is cleverly placed within historical context and is superbly printed (more on this later). Finally,
there is "Tian Shan-Gobi Assimilation" by Jeff Vandermeer; not only is it another disease that could easily turn into something bigger, but it
echoes numerous themes in his Ambergris work (without explicitly tying back to them) and will thus be a particular treat for fans of his work. These are just a few of the many great contributions to the Guide, and my failure to mention others shouldn't be treated as an indictment, but rather as an acknowledgement of the consistently high standard of writing displayed throughout the guide."

Edited because !Ack! I spelled it wrong again.

[ October 12, 2004, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Fat Cramer ]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

And now! Our favorite malady-making miss as drawn by the lovely INFECTIOUS DRURA and colored by the handsome LOSER LAD!

-

--------------------

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cute renditions of IL, INFECTIOUS DRURA and LOSER LAD and STAR BOY!

That South Park one is adorable. I can just see her spreading her power by puking at people...

You need to copy that preliminary version of LSH #5's cover that Barry posted, LASH-- the one that had Drura's 'hidden' face gracing it.

What're the chances that *she's* one of the charactes that actually make into the issue? There's going to be at least one, with maybe more appearing...

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Infectious Drura
long live the lesions

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Infectious Drura   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey my picture looks pretty good! ( I haven't looked at it for a while! I had forgotten it! ha) I really should post some more artwork soon..

Loser Lad really did do a great job with the colours. That costume is so complicated colour-wise I wouldn't know where to begin! [Smile]

--------------------
Fire in the disco! Fire in the Taco Bell! Fire in the disco! Fire in the gates of hell!!

From: England | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Bump for REJECTS day.

Miss Drura did rather well for herself despite the early declinations by the Legion. [Infectious Lass]

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Yes, one must forgive the Legion for their failure to properly gauge their candidates' worthiness.

After all, in the issue that Drura is first rejected in ( S/LSH # 201) they ACCEPT as a member a robot that nearly murders them all. Silly Legionnaires.

And then in Drura's second appearance and rejection (S/LSH # 218), the Legion REJECTS a candidate that later pretty much knocks them all flat on their asses and would have defeated them without the intervention of Tyroc's reality-altering powers.

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
She's a fashion winner!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

As drawn and colored by my friendly neighborhood Knowjack!

http://img110.echo.cx/my.php?image=infectiousfinal9df.jpg

[ June 22, 2005, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: MLLASH ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

LSH # 12:

SPECULATION RUNS RAMPANT....!

That Dru is making her first re-imagined appearance.

And although the lass in question does have magenta hair and antennae, plus an adorable hair-barette (!!) and pretty pink & purple power-signature....

...I hope it ISN'T Dru. I feel that the look is overall too far removed from the Infectious Lass I know and love.

I guess we'll find out... I have a feeling those kids on that splash page will be seen again next issue.

--------------------

Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it's her little sister. Or she hasn't gotten HOT yet. My Drura needs to be hot. She's a Cockrum woman...thus she must be hot!

-

Here is a Drura I did long ago. [Smile] Not sure if I've shown her yet.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Click for fullsize image

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

"Ohh! You're making me SICK!!" [Quake Kid]

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I find it interesting that, having made him sick by touching him, she doesn't seem to be in any hurry to stop touching him.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.