Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » the ALL-INFECTIOUS LASS thread! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   
Author Topic: the ALL-INFECTIOUS LASS thread!
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
AT LAST-- A thread devoted to everyone's favorite disease-inducing damsel!

***Question for Drura fans: MUCOUS or MATERIAL?

Apparently, in Dave Cockrum's original design for Infectious Lass (which I have always loved), the hangy-stuff from her arms wasn't intended to be fabric but actual mucous-- which I DON'T love!

Now, I'm a Cockrum-lover from way back-- this is the guy who gave us Infectious Lass, Porcupine Pete & Wildfire, after all-- but MY first exposure to Infectious Lass was in Superboy/LSH 218-- drawn by Grell, and that alleged mucous looked like material from her costume. Giffen ALSO drew it to look like material, not mucous.

So what say you, Drura fans? Mucous or material?

***DRURA quote of the day:

"I'm positive I heard a POP!" -- DC COMICS PRESENTS # 59

***Infectious Lass Fun Fact:

Drura was never an actual LEGIONNAIRE on-panel, but she did join during the 5-Year Gap per the TMK Legion Sourcebook, and was featured semi-prominently during the 5-Years Later stories!

***For you Drura completists:

Infectious Lass faded from Legion continuity in VALOR # 22, End of an Era PART 2, along with other stalwarts such as Invisible Kid 2, Fire Lad and Stone Boy.

Drura's very first appearance is in Superboy/LSH # 201-- she gives Star Boy the green-apple splatters at her LEGION tryout-- so hit those back-issue bins, fanboy!!

***REBOOT DRURA!!!

Infectious Lass has YET to appear in post-boot LEGION continuity, but someone who DOES look VERY MUCH like her has a crowd-scene cameo on the LEGIONNAIRES # 43 cover and Drura's image is used as a visual gag (along with the rest of the SUBS') during the SECRETS OF THE LEGION miniseries. A group of children looking suspiciously like the SUBS is featured in all 4 issues.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

***Question for Drura fans: Makeup or Markings?

So what WAS that blue stuff on Drura's face? A tempoary tattoo? Makeup of some sort? Tribal markings?

Infectious Lass quote of the day:

"What does it take to satisfy that bunch? I found a way to make my disease-inducing power even stronger than before-- now I can cause epidemics-- but they STILL don't want me!" ---S/LSH # 218

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

THE LEGION GROUPIE Infectious Lass Edition

Home Planet: Somahtur

Infectious Lass joined the Legion alongside Porcupine Pete, Chlorphyll Kid and Visi-Lad!

Fire Lad was the member that joined before her and Color Kid and Stone Boy were the first members to join AFTER her.

***Infectious Lass quote of the day:

"The government here has been less-than-accomodating and the population seems almost encouraged to openly express its xenopobia. That's not a great thing when you're an alien from a planet of disease-spreaders." -- 2995 LSH SOURCEBOOK

***REBOOT DRURA!!!

In an old thread at the old Legion MB, Andy Lanning STRONGLY suggested to me that Inectious Lass was returning, as he had an idea for using her...

--------------------

Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
Two words (of Drura's): "Stud Muffin"

*tee hee*

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

***TOP-TIER ARTISTS draw DRURA!

Since her introduction, the lovely image of INFECTIOUS LASS has been drawn by many of comics' TOP NAMES! Check it out:

DAVE COCKRUM

MIKE GRELL

KEITH GIFFEN

JASON PEARSON

STUART IMMONEN

COLEEN DORAN

DEAN LEE

"What's the matter? Cramps? Don't worry... they'll stop once the itching sets in..." --5YL Legion of Super-Heroes # 59

--------------------
INFECTIOUS LASS

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Other great things about Drura:

She didn't trust Universo. Clever girl.

She rivals Nura for the lingerie scene, although we only saw her hold up that filmy little nightie.

I'd say it's material, not mucuous - she doesn't want to infect someone by accident or put people off.

And it's markings, not make-up. An action girl can't be forever touching up her cheekbones.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

***Infectious Lass Checklist

Must-Have Issues for the Drura fan!

SUPERBOY & THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES # 201

SUPERBOY & THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES # 218

DC COMICS PRESENTS # 59

THE LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES SPECIAL # 1

(to be continued)

"OOPS! I must've hit him with too strong a dose!" ---S/LSH # 201

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Must-Have issues for the DRURA fan part 2!

Infectious Lass appeared in the following issues of LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (TMK/5 Years Later volume):

LSH # 16

LSH # 20

LSH # 29

LSH # 32

LSH # 35

LSH # 36

LSH # 43

LSH # 44

LSH # 45

LSH ANNUAL # 4

LSH # 50

LSH # 52

LSH # 53

LSH # 54

LSH # 56

LSH # 58

LSH # 59

VALOR # 22

(to be continued!)

"Don't move a CURL, lady, or I'll give you a flu that'll have you wretching for a WEEK." --5yl LSH # 43

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

COMPLETE your Drura collection with the following books!

WHO'S WHO IN THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES # 3

WHO'S WHO IN THE LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES # 7 (rear cover only)

THE 2995 LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES SOURCEBOOK

SECRETS OF THE LEGION # 1-4 (Drura's image used on a small child)

LEGIONNAIRES # 43 (unnamed cover cameo only)

"Where did everybody go?" --THE LEGION OF SUBSTITUTE HEROES SPECIAL # 1

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

-

***Infectious Lass Quote of the Day:

"Now let's have a look at that wound. This might HURT a little..." --LSH ANNUAL # 4 (5yl era)

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Gosh Lash, thanks for mentioning me amongst all those real Legion artists!

I love the passage about Drura in Who's Who:

Infectious Lass has the native Somahturian power to transmit to others any disease she chooses, while remaining immune to the effects of the disease herself. Somahturians act as host bodies for thriving colonies of disease, both bacterial and viral, which they have developed a symbiotic relationship with and cannot live without. Their world is a secret and under tight quarantine to all except select Medicus One personnel, who sometimes come to collect or store samples of various diseases deemed too dangerous to be kept on the medical satellite. Drura, one of three experimental subjects taken back to Medicus One, escaped from confinement to join the Legion. Rejected because her power was too dangerous to the others, she joined the Legion of Subs to perfect her control and to be near her new friend Porcupine Pete. Her presence has created a sticky political situation for Medicus One: they can't get Drura back without force, and overt action might reveal the existence of Somahtur. They are temporarily stymied. [Eek!]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
>>Infectious Lass has the native Somahturian power to transmit to others any disease she chooses, while remaining immune to the effects of the disease herself. Somahturians act as host bodies for thriving colonies of disease, both bacterial and viral, which they have developed a symbiotic relationship with and cannot live without. <<<

So, they have all kinds of diseases hanging around in them. This could manifest itself in a constant drizzle coming from her arms.

>>Their world is a secret and under tight quarantine to all except select Medicus One personnel, who sometimes come to collect or store samples of various diseases deemed too dangerous to be kept on the medical satellite. Drura, one of three experimental subjects taken back to Medicus One, escaped from confinement to join the Legion. <<<

Hmmm... wonder who the other two are? Are they anyone?

>>>Rejected because her power was too dangerous to the others, she joined the Legion of Subs to perfect her control and to be near her new friend Porcupine Pete. <<

So, she and Pete are good friends. I bet she likes him because he has weird stuff coming out of his body, like she does!

>>Her presence has created a sticky political situation for Medicus One: <<<

Sticky! Yep, it's mucous!

>>they can't get Drura back without force, and overt action might reveal the existence of Somahtur. They are temporarily stymied.<<<

She's a slippery one, alright! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Dean... feel free to post your BEAUTIFUL Drura pics ifya want...

--------------------

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
The mention of the other two Somahturians has always struck me as interesting. Could this be a reference to a plotline that was planned but never manifested itself? Could Levitz have had an unused idea for an Infectious Lass story?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe those two will be picked up by Faraway's story at the Outpost.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 24 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  22  23  24   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.