Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » The WORST Legionnaires EVER! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The WORST Legionnaires EVER!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I totally, completely agree on that. I'd much rather them insert a diverse character in than alter an existing one.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
My 'worst' list:

Bouncing Boy (when he had/has powers), the terrorformed Kinetix, Chemical King (only because he was never written well or even interestingly), Gear (ditto), Matter-Eater Lad (ditto, before TMK).

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Kent, see the Chemical King tale in SECTRET ORIGINS' "Dead Legionnaires" issue for an incredibly-written tale starring Chemical King, "The Unique Properties of Condo Arlik".

I always liked the enigma-ish Chemical King, and that heartbreaking story finally showed me why!

Can't help you with Gear. He's pretty "meh", but of course I've always loved le Bounce-Boy and le Eater-Lad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I agree about terrorformed Zoe. It was especially painful when I picked up issue 18 and found out that Zoe wasn't transformed back to normal at the end. That issue broke my heart!

Preboot Atmos was a jerk, and I'm glad he only joined during the 5 year gap. I was pretty glad to read that he had been killed by BION.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I really liked Chuck the character - especially when we was without powers (reboot, mid-70s) and even as a supporting character during Levitz (except his Comet Queen team-up)... I guess the only time I didn't like him was in Adventure (but even there I did like him with Lu in #380)... I guess I like him better than I realized.

Only the TMK Tenzil did I really cotton to.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Can't help you with Gear. He's pretty "meh",

He never had a chance, really.

His only time in the spotlight was in the Giffen issue and he was basically a sidekick/foil to Chuck in that.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Psychout
Your mind is my playground

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Psychout   Email Kid Psychout         Edit/Delete Post     
'meh' sums it up. vaguely resented him because he filled a space Danielle 'Computo' deserved.

Same goes for the Kid Quantum characters. Would rather see a (non-antarean) James in the book than the way they've altered Thom. Interesting power, cypher personality.

But Celeste 'why the hell is the in the book cauz she doesn't DO anything. Oh wait she's... green' Rockfish is my all time least favourite. My feelings towards Kinetix are practically benevolent compared to that 40 odd issues of waiting for the bint to do anything interesting baggage.

From: Melbourne, Auz. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Bah! Anti-Lad is the worst, and nobody even remembers him!

We got that wonderful picture though. Poor guy never even got to go on an adventure with the team.
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Quislet sucked the worst for me. Thank God they couldn't figure out what to do with him and wrote him out almost as soon as they wrote him in.

Catspaw is first runner up. Since when are night vision and claws enough to get into the Legion?

Kid Quantum and Kinetix can duke it out for Miss Congeniality. Nobody ever did figure out exactly what they could do. It seemed to change each time they appeared.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Quislet sucked the worst for me. Thank God they couldn't figure out what to do with him and wrote him out almost as soon as they wrote him in.

Oh, you just can't figure out how to make an action figure for Quis, g'wan, admit it... [LOL] [Wink]
From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Current worst Legionnaire? Sun Boy, for ditching.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Super Lad Kid:
My vote goes to Bloodclaw who was in the Legion for about ten minutes before he was killed by Pol Krinn's dead corpse. That's pretty pathetic.

That *is* pathetic!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Current worst for me: Invisible Kid. Worst Lyle EVER!

Eryk finding that old SLK quote is hysterical! Pol Krinn's dead corpse is just as interesting as Pol Krinn the Legionnaire! (OK, that's possibly an exaggeration...)

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Kid Q II and XS. Hated them, never want to see them again.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And, of course, the worst Legionnaire "wannabe" ever. Lester Spiffany. [tease]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.